? Lily- AMPS 151 no shot

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lily-Fish, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

Becka, have you been able to test for ketones lately?

2. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

No, haven't got ketostix yet, however, she has been peeing a normal amount and drinking normally as well as seeming to feel a lot better than before the DKA ep. Plus, her pee has not been light and cloudy.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

i THINK we like to see a kitty with neg ketone tests for 2 weeks before taking them OTJ. Meya14 who I tagged in your other post is one of the experts on DKA here. Hopefully she will stop in.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Can you get another test?

5. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

65 @+ 7.25

6. Bobbie And Bubba

I would like to see her up a bit more. Did you put a few drops of karo or honey in the gravy?

7. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

She won't eat it at all with honey...and also, I have 4 lancets left until tomorrow, I can only test 4 more times before the shops open. I wasn't expecting to have to test every 20 minutes from midnight...silly Lily!

8. Bobbie And Bubba

If worse turns to worse, alcohol off the lancet and reuse. Not ideal but dire times call for dire measures. Did you give her some more gravy?

9. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

I have literally been feeding her gravy for more than an hour now...I have no idea what her little body is doing. Do you think there will be a delayed onset carb rush?

10. Bobbie And Bubba

With my own cat and HC food, I have seen it spike after 60 minutes.

11. Bobbie And Bubba

As long as she will eat some for you it would be good if you can get her to about 80ish so you will be comfortable going to sleep.

12. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

She is currently fast asleep and dreaming about eating something tasty. She is chasing a mouse or something.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

How comfortable are you with her number now? And can you try to get up in a few hours and check on her?

14. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

I'll wait another 10-15 minutes and test again.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Okay, I will stay up with you.

16. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Bobbie, I just got home and saw your tag. I can help keep an eye on Lily if you need to get some sleep.

17. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Is it also bed time where you are? Because if it is, I don't mind being on my own. I think (hopefully anti jinx) we are out of the danger zone and I just want her to have some better numbers for me so I'm waiting to see if the carbs will spike.

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks so much! I do need to sleep. I think I will be up with Bubs later. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

granadilla likes this.
  19. Bobbie And Bubba

You are in good hands with @granadilla , she will hang with you. G'night Becka and I will check on you tomorrow

granadilla and Lily-Fish like this.
  20. granadilla

Hi Becka, I'm Shane. I can't pretend to know much about DKA but I just read today's shenanigans to get caught up. She certainly is keeping you on your toes today! I'll look for any of the others who also are on the west coast of the US who might know more about DKA in case we need more help. In the meantime, please post the next test when you've got it.

Lily-Fish likes this.
  21. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

110 @ +8

22. granadilla

Excellent! All that gravy is doing its work. ;) Do you feel more comfortable?

23. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

I think so...thanks! I hope she will just stay where she is or go up now. I'm skipping her shot tomorrow morning.

24. granadilla

Skipping sounds like a good plan for the morning. If you need me, tag me. I'm going to go make dinner since she seems high enough but I'll have my phone nearby so I'll see if you tag me.

25. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Thanks! I'm going to go to sleep and just test at what would be her +1 in 4 hours time.

granadilla likes this.
  26. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Just getting up now, my internet conked out again last night! We haven't got a landline it's done via orange and sometimes it just fails:(
    Thanks for hanging with Lily guys.

27. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Thanks in general but yes thanks for last night. Skipping a shot this morning as she has a 151 again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.