Litter opinions: Dr Elsey's or Worlds best cat litter?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dirtybirdsoaps, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtybirdsoaps

dirtybirdsoaps Member

Ive tried several over the years. I used to use scoop away, but then switched to Dr Elseys. I do like how Dr Elseys is very little, if at any, dust. It does clump well but not FANTASTIC in my opinion and does stick to the bottom of my box. My parents use cats pride and swear by it, I tried it and I think its ok but not enough to stick with. Ive read many reviews on Worlds best, but is it really worlds best?

Any opinions out there? I am looking for a HARD clumping litter that doesn't track horrible and isn't really dusty, that was my main problem with the scoop away.

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Bought and tired The World's Best a few months ago and did not like the lack of clumping. We use Tidy Cats multi-cat. It does have some dust but it clumps the best. This is all just my opinion.

3. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

In my house it is not up to me - my sugar will only use Cat Attract (Dr Elsley) so every box has to have it much to the chagrin of my wallet. I made the mistake of trying World's Best but my sugar didn’t fall for the hype.

4. ebuckley

ebuckley Member

Just "fired" World's Best.

It was a big improvement over Tidy Cat when Napa was peeing large lakes when her blood glucose was out of control. Tidy Cat was terrible with "Lake Napa" because it got very gummy--yucky. World's Best was nice, too, because it didn't track AT ALL and had very little dust, especially coming from Tidy Cat.

BUT on the downside: hard to sift; bigger particles tended to get removed first leaving very fine particles later; clumps broke easily leaving lots of urine smell over time; litter smell wasn't terribly unpleasant but always noticeable.

We are trying Arm and Hammer Clump and Seal now. It's...interesting...great clumps, not tracking too much or too dusty thus far but only had a week and it looks like it should track/dust and kinda perfume-y. Will try to update next week.

5. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

We use Arm and Hammer Double Duty. I haven't noticed a ton of dust and it clumps really well. The Arm and Hammer Ultra Last smelled a lot nicer for a longer period of time but we can't find it in a bulk size.

6. dirtybirdsoaps

dirtybirdsoaps Member

Chewy.com has most litters on sale so I'm getting ready to place an order. Nothing better than having litter delivered to your door lol

7. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Tip for the litter box: spray the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray. Let dry and use as normal.

8. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Ooooo you mean I can get rid of the putty knife I use to scrape the sides and bottom of the litter box! Good idea BJ. I will definitely try the cooking spray. Pam for the Pan :lol:

I think there was a discussion about Arm and Hammer causing allergies or asthma in cats - somewhere on this board. It certainly made me cough so you might want to proceed with caution. I used it because it really does smell good but noticed that two of my civvies were sneezing while they were in the litterbox.

9. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

I use the Dr. Elsey's multiple cat litter. I order it from Amazon, 40 lb bag for $16.95 and they ship it to my home. I usually get two at a time. It is my favorite litter. I have never tried World's Best.
    Good luck!

10. dirtybirdsoaps

dirtybirdsoaps Member

I usually get mine either on amazon using prime or on chewy.com. Usually on chewy I think I pay $14.99? Right now its on sale for $11.99, I bought 4 bags LOL.

I'll definitely be trying the PAM idea, never thought about that.

11. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

Glad you asked.

I am VERY particular about litter, so are my girls. I want no perfumes, chemicals, only the "healthiest" I can find for my girls. I think I have tried them all. Didn't like "World's Best", anything when corn, wheat, etc. attracts bugs and ants, can get moldy.

Used Dr Elsley's for years. Never really liked the fact it stuck to the box and was like freakin' cement. Always worried about the girls licking it off their feet and fur. But I couldnt find anything else really that passed my scrutiny..lol.

About 2 months ago I switched to a new litter, and it is FANTASTIC! I can't believe I am this excited about a litter, but I am. BTW, I know this is going to sound like a commercial, but I do not work for the company or anything, I just really love this litter.

It's called BoxieCat. It's only available online @ http://www.boxiecat.com

It's hand's down the best litter I have used. It's clay, finely ground so it clumps, but without the clumping agents. It's so clean, the clumps stay on top, nothing sticks. It's pricey, partially because it's delivered, not available at retail stores yet. But a bag lasts a long time (normal size box, only a bag a month). You don't' have to scrub the box as often, kitties love it. It's unscented, all natural, forms smaller and lighter clumps, and 99.9% dust free. It's made in the USA and was Cat Fancy's 2012 "Best Product of the Year".

I loved it so much I got a bag for my Mom and when I asked her how she liked it, the first word's out of her mouth were "It's so CLEAN!". She is hooked too. Try one bag, I think you will feel the same way.

Here is a referral link they gave me, you can get 10% off - http://boxiecat.refr.cc/Q4P3SVZ

Like I said, it's kind of pricey, they ship it in a flat rate Priority Mail box, and I know even at a commercial discount, they are paying over $10 just to ship it, so they really aren't making a lot of money on this. I am encouraging all my friends with cats to try this stuff, cuz I want the company to thrive and grow, I dont ever want to be without it! :D Plus it's a family owned and operated company that supports shelters and rescues.

12. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, dirtybird! That is a great deal!! Thanks :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.