Little Roo update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LittleRoo, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleRoo

LittleRoo Member

Hi! Do I post here for Little Roo's updates? I'm not sure where to post really - since we're still newbies on this {awesome} forum..

Okay, so I only spoke with my vet tonight (appointment to see vet with Little Roo will be on Saturday) and he said Roo will go on Pro-Zinc insulin. He said Roo will start on 1 unit - twice a day for 3 weeks. He also said her fructosamine blood work showed she was high - at 609. Her first shot will be Saturday afternoon most likely. (I held off till the weekend, that way I am home and can monitor her.)

I mentioned checking/monitoring her blood glucose levels myself -here at home, and he recommend that I get a pet monitor rather than a human one. Truth is, I can initially afford the pet monitor meter but those darn strips cost a freakin' LOT! I have battled with myself regarding which one to get all night. But reading all the stories here on the different glucometers, and human ones - I'm just gonna go with the less expensive Relion micro one right now (Walmart.) I'll have to learn how to do the spread sheets (looks confusing right now) and just keep myself and the vet aware of the numbers recorded (and for the vet - maybe he can estimate those numbers give or take for now.)

I wanted to get the monitor tonight but I was too exhausted lol. But def heading there tomorrow after work! I have a shopping list now too - due to reading all the great postings and articles here. That really helped a lot! Better to be prepared, right!?

So far the wet diet is working out okay for everyone, other than hungry meowing cats when I wake up and get home from work! :cat::cat::cat:

So that's it for the moment tonight. Thank you to all the sugar moms and dads writing to me here today! Means a lot! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.