Liver Shake for sick cats question(s)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LittleRoo, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleRoo

LittleRoo Member

My cat Little Roo hasn't been eating wet food the past two days. I read about the liver shake for sick cats here and made it tonight. At first I had to syringe feed her but right after a few syringes, she began eating it on her own - which made me very happy. Still not interested in the wet as of now but hoping that will change, maybe tomorrow.

My question regarding the liver shake is: how long does a batch last as it makes quite a bit. I put it in the fridge and will re-blend/nutriblast later and tomorrow as/if needed.

And: is it okay to feed her cold (via syringe or on her own) or should I warm it somehow?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I read that it's only good for a couple days, but I don't know any reason why you couldn't freeze it.

Use an ice cube tray or mini-muffin tin and freeze it up..pop the frozen pieces into a baggie and use as needed.

It's OK to feed it cold, but warming it makes it smell more and that can be beneficial for a cat that's not wanting to eat. They seem to like stuff that "smells loud"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.