Lizzy, my love and life!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Randi Rarick, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi Rarick

Randi Rarick New Member

Hi! I'm Randi, Lizzy's Mom. Lizzy is my 17-year-old tuxedo kitty who is my world. She is with me 24/7. I am disabled and senior, so we spend all of our days together. In 2012, Lizzy was diagnosed with diabetes. She takes Prozinc 2x day and eats only grain-free, low carb canned food now. Our vet thinks because of the good care and good food, she may be approaching remission. We are hopeful and cautiously optimistic. I also have Zelda, an 11-year-old, who loves to get into fun things like poking Lizzy while she's sleeping. LOL That's Lizzy on the left and Zelda on the right.

Attached Files:

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome, They're both beautiful! So glad Lizzys doing well. Fingers and paws crossed for remission!!!!!

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

Has your vet been dropping the insulin dose? Giving insulin if it is no longer needed may be dangerous.
    Are you home testing the blood glucose? This can help you keep your cat safe.

Check my signature link Secondary Monitoring Tools for some assessments to help you evaluate how your cat is doing.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Beautiful babies!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.