Logan's coming home!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

He wouldn't eat on his own today, so they fed him through the tube. He's kept it down so they said he can come home. We'll pick him up in a couple of hours. I'm ready for him to be home, but I'm dreading seeing him like that!

I'll post his PMPS later this evening and let you know how he's getting along.

2. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

I am very excited for you and Logan. I'm sure he will be glad to get home. ALl crossed for a speedy recovery. You will do fine Kelly. Hang in there.

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I bet he will do even better once he gets home into your arms. And you will too. (((Kelly)))

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Well, I am thinking Logan was picking his own way of rebelling and saying I want to go home NOW! Besides, I bet he was not getting spoiled like at home!

I know I don't like being in the hospital and they usually have really crappy food; all I ever want is just to get home again. To be in my bed and surrounded by my stuff and family, that's helpful to recovery.

Nope, I've got a bean at home, ready to spoil me rotten, so let me outta here! I bet that's what Logan is thinking.

I sure hope the homecoming is a good one and Logan comes around when he is back where he belongs, with his family. :smile:

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yay!!!! He will be so much better in familiar, calm surroundings with the people that love him.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well Kelly, sick as he may feel...he will be very angry with YOU for sure...LOL...
    didn't he act all angry last time he went to the vet? :YMHUG:

Even so, he will be thrilled to be in his own home with you right there with him....I am so glad he is coming home...
    I am getting all teary for joy...I just know he will be so happy to be back home with you...
    Beautiful Logan....feel better soon and let Mama take care of you....good boy...how brave you are!!! ((Logan))
    ((Kelly))

7. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

That's wonderful news! He'll probably have a freshly shaved belly, a nice big incision there, and will be groggy, I bet. Might act a little kooky as the anesthesia continues to make its way out of his system. But being home no doubt will work wonders on his disposition and consequently his recovery. Hooray!

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Welcome home, Logan. Feel better soon!

9. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I am so excited to see things went well in the surgery and Logan is coming home quickly. Im anxious to hear what the results are (though not as much as you Im sure). I hope it is something that can be easily treated/managed and give Logan many years of quality time with you and your family.

I want you to know how brave I think you and Logan are.

Look forward to the updates.

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hooray!!!!

I hope he'll eat better once he's home.

11. Kelly & Logan

I can't speak for Logan, but I'm feeling far from brave, Carolyn!!!

We're home. He looks awful! The feeding tube is horrible - it's so long. He has a "stockinette" but it keeps sliding out from under that - I think we'll definitely have to keep him separated from the other cats when we're not home. DH2B is going to stay home tomorrow. He originally said he couldn't but after taking one look at him, he said he'd figure something out. That's a huge relief. My job is not flexible, at all.

We have a feeding schedule and will slowly increase his intake each day until we're at the full amount he should be eating daily, which will happen by day 7. He has two pain medications, both of which will be given every 8 hours - Tramadol and Neurontin. It looks like we have a lot of work in store for us!

We do our first tube feeding in about 2 1/2 hours...dreading that. We didn't give the full 4 units tonight since we didn't want to test him the second we walked in the door. We gave a BCS dose of 2 units and it was about 45 minutes late. They tested and fed him about 2 hours before his usual shot time and he was 260 something then. We'll get back to a regular testing schedule tomorrow. I think I'll be getting up very early!

We're glad he's home, but very nervous about everything. I guess one good thing is that we'll probably be too busy with all of this to think about those results! :mrgreen:

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Kelly)) You and DH2B are doing a great job with Logan.

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly
    I am so happy to hear the great news that Logan is home with you.
    Now that he will feel all the love around him, he will feel better.
    Big hugs to you guys and wishing a very speedy recovery.

14. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Kelly - Logan: So glad he is home. You will adjust to whatever you need to. I'm sure it will be difficult for a little while but you can do it. Snowflakes, Reiki vibes and positive vines for a good vet report.

15. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Been away for a few days, just seeing this. (( Kelly )) Lynee had a feeding tube with Max, and look how great he's doing now. I hope he feels better soon.

16. Kelly & Logan

Just did our first round of meds/food...not fun. :( He cried afterwards and his belly twitched a little. Not sure if that's normal or not.

His BG was 283 - that was at +3.

17. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

18. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((Kelly))
    this is so new and upsetting for you.....you and your DH are doing such a wonderful job!!
    Sending healing vines to Logan ~ you are in our thoughts tonight....

19. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Hi Kelly! :YMHUG:
    Late work day so I'm just catching up. I've certainly thought about you today!
    I'm glad you have your Logan back!! He will thrive with the love of his beans & comfort of his home.

I know this is a difficult time for you. Sending all the positive thoughts & vines.
    You have the support of so many people here. Please keep us posted when you can & come back for support when you need it. We're all here for you!

20. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

(((Kelly))) I know this is all very scary and difficult at first, but you will develop a good rhythm with it. I second Carolyn's suggestion about joining the Yahoo group. The amount of knowledge and help there is amazing.

Keeping you, DH2B, and Logan in my thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.