Loki has strange position.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mimi4neeyah and Loki, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimi4neeyah and Loki

mimi4neeyah and Loki Member

He won't sit, and when he stands its like if we kneel without sitting back on our heels, wondering if its arthritis or some form of neuropathy. He is on 2 1/2 units of Lantus and 1/4 of Enalapril plus 500mg of Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin split up in 2 doses of 250 mg 2xs per day. He does not seem to be in pain, the last vet visit for his UTI I mentioned this to the vet he was not concerned . At, 24 I am wondering if he is just showing me a sign of aging? There are no issues with using the litter box or jumping on the bed. I just am a little concerned I am missing something I can help him with.
    Any ideas or imput I would really appreciate,
    Thanks

2. allison and Bubbles

allison and Bubbles Member

l would get a second opinion on that...it doesnt sound normal but glad there are no real visible indications of pain but boy did I learn cats are masters at hiding any kind of discomfort. .sending well wishes!!

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I would definitely talk to his vet about it. What I am picturing in my head, based on your description, does not sound like neuropathy or arthritis. If your vet has not seen the posture, perhaps you could get a picture of Loki in that position and show it to him.

allison and Bubbles likes this.
  4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

May be arthritis in his knees or some type of joint degeneration not allowing them to bend as far as they did in the past.

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.