Long term Buprenorphine use / transdermal

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Noah & me (GA), Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

It's a long story why Noah needs BUPE but in the beginning he hated the oral no matter what flavor. It was very stressful to both of us. For at least 18 months now he has been getting a transdermal mixture made by a compound pharmacy. Some vets have not heard of this. Noah's life went from sucking on a lemon to having his ears tickled. He gets 0.16mg/0.1ml TD twice a day. Continued success but a bit expensive, I never look at the bill!

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

How do those work? Staying in? Taking off? Shaved hair?

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

The BUPE is in a syringe and it looks like toothpaste. Put some on the upside down part of the spoon and rub inside his ears. Andy is Noah's bunkie and has a thing for licking Noah's ears so I have to watch for that. Whatever is left over I rub between my toes and I feel good for hours! Psych!!!

4. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Those gouda toes!!!! Ewwwwwww lol that's what phoebe has is the ear gel. I thought you were talking a patch, like for people but was confused how that would work, so ty for clarification. I know there is a pump they attach to them but know it's probably wicked exspensive. Head bumps to Noah, and a tail tug.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  5. Noah & me (GA)

Nope, no pump, no shaved ears. Just clean the inside of his ears gently with a moist paper towel. He loves that too. Lewis loves getting a wet paper towel bath, a strange cat. There's another thing we spend a mountain of money on, paper towels. Puke, spilled food, filthy cat food dishes before they go in the sink. Stupid trees are getting in the way of coal anyways. Bad for our country!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.