Longest insulin dependent cat going OTJ

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Pringles, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pringles

Pringles Member

Anyone have a cat that was on insulin for a long period that went OTJ? Just curious as I have 1 cat thats been taking insulin for 2+ years; my other cat was diagnosed about 1 month ago - I changed his diet and I'm on day 4 with no insulin.

2. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Jake was insulin dependent for about nine months before he went into remission about six weeks ago - don't know if that classifies Jake as a long-term diabetic, but it sure was long for us!

Judy & Jake

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

You might post in the Think Tank, some my have some facts for you - I do not unfortunately. There may have been some studies done? Good Luck & cheering you both on!!

4. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

The longest term diabetic that I know of who went OTJ is Libby's Lucy, at 18 months, I think. But Lucy had a lot of other conditions complicating things.

My furbaby, Kitty, was on insulin for 15 months.

I saw some statistics that kitties who get on the Tilly protocol within, I THINK, four-six months of diagnosis have a slightly higher rate of remission. But that means that cats who didn't get on the Tilly protocol in that time also have a chance of remission.

5. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

6. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Wow, 6 and 7 years?? I didn't finish reading the thread, but it's enough to keep hope alive for anyone. How great. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.