look at my spreadsheet... not urgent... just want feedback

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MicheleS, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

Attached my spreadsheet (I think!). I'm pretty happy considering how early this is. My general plan for tonight is to go with 1 unit if over 225 and 0.6 if less than 225. Reasonable?

I plan to do a curve (well, as much as I can between b-ball games, grocery shopping, and soccer practices!) this weekend. But, I'd appreciate feedback on our progress so far.

Insulin: ProZinc
    Feeding: Friskies at insulin, at lunch (I HAVE to buy a feeder!!!!!), and before bed. Wellness Core is out but he won't eat it... The other cats hate it too and are clamoring to get to the ONLY "regular" dry food out (where Soccer can't get it).

Thanks!!
    Michele

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Seems reasonable till you have more info :D Would love to know how things go between +5 and +8 or +9

Good luck! When Squeak was on insulin we didn't have kids....

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michele,
    You're right - Soccer's numbers are looking pretty good. Are you planning on using a sliding scale for dosing? If so, you might want to use smaller increments. A drop from 1 unit to .6 is 40%. Sometimes our kitties freak out on big changes. I encourage you to come visit us in the PZI Insulin Support Group. viewforum.php?f=24 We're a small, but fairly active group. Hope to see you there.

4. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

Thanks everyone!!

Ele~ By "sliding scale", do mean titrate the dose? If so, then yes.

I'm still not exactly sure where the nadir so I'm being cautious. I'm less concerned now that we aren't seeing 300's. At that level, the kidneys can fail (over time). So... That's been my goal for this week. Next week, I'll go for tighter control (so long as I can figure out where his nadir is!).

Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.