? Looking for feedback on BG #'s need to microdose?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clark, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark Member

Charlie has been doing well. But just not going into the green #s on her own. Can it take awhile? Another month.. ect. Every kitty heals different. Will microdose help with the recovery? I can't afford a trip to get if she went seriously hypo. Bout also want to make sure Ido everything I can fit her to heal.

2. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

Wow Clark!
    I am jealous of your spreadsheet!
    Someone should be around soon to help with (potential) dosing.

3. Clark

Clark Member

Yah. Really only gave insulin for 2 weeks. I think im woring little to much. She was probably about 2 months or little longer with diabetes. Her pancreas takes time to heal.

4. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

I imagine it's frustrating being so close to the optimal levels and not able to get there.
    If you don't get a response here, you might want to put this over in the caninsulin forum.
    (I'm only 2 months in myself and not experienced enough to offer advice.)
    Good luck though!

5. Clark

Clark Member

In probably going to hold off tonight. If she stays high above 160 I'll give microdose. .10 I've done that before.

AlphaCat likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'd try giving the 0.1 u micro dose consistently AM and PM for several cycles to see if you can get her into dark green more - eg. like June 29/17 PM.

7. Clark

Clark Member

Ok. I'll start tomorrow. She usually eats around 6ish.

AlphaCat and Kris & Teasel like this.
  8. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to agree with Kris of trying the 0.1U micro dose to see if we can get some nice greens again :). She's looking great and we want to really lock in her remission. Remember, you'll still want to occasionally test to make sure she's staying in the nice numbers ;)

9. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Janet you know I don't usually challenge your advice and turn to you quite often :bighug: but Charlie seems a little sensitive to insulin. When she was 160 and given the 0.10U she had nadir in low 90's. Then the next few days her PS's numbers came down and hung around mid 120's. Maybe just stick with 0.10U if her PS over 150 at lowest, unless Clark can monitor?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  10. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Ok

11. Clark

Clark Member

She was 140 pmps. Ate a good meal. Gave .10. I'll check +3. That is about the lowest I'll shoot. I just want to keep her from creeping back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.