Looking for good FD vet in the Pittsburgh area

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by myla, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myla

myla Member

I'm hoping I can find an experienced FD vet around 15068 which is New Kensington, north of Pittsburgh PA. Any suggestions?

2. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

You might try PMing Dian and Wheezer. (Not sure where she is in relation to 15068, though.)

3. lynda and scruffy (GA)

lynda and scruffy (GA) Member

Hi, there, and welcome!

Well, Pittsburgh's not exactly a hotbed of great FD vets. I taught a person to hometest who lived over in the area behind that big new-ish mall (whose name I can't recall - not the Waterworks, the other one) off Rt 28 out your way, but her vet definitely didn't qualify.... I can't think of anyone who lives in your area, offhand. I'm in Wexford, but my vet's in Cranberry Twp.) There is a good vet in the Lawrenceville/Bloomfield area, but I don't know if that's too far for you or not.

Impressed that you're already hometesting and have your spreadsheet up!

There are a lot of members in this area. We have an annual get-together at Dian and Wheezer's house in Monroeville/Wall - we'd be delighted to have you come this summer. It's usually in August. Dian posts in the "reunion forum". (Is that still here? It was on the old Board.)

I'll PM you a couple of names and phone numbers....

4. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

ahhh. to be honest the one I go to is not all that up to date on FD and poo poo's the internet and this site, so I just do what I want to do. I do have a few years of this in my belt though.
    as Lynda said, there are not a lot of good vets around this area. I do know one that my sister uses and I know he is more up to date on things cause I met someone there and he did change her insulin when when he found out about vetsulin. tried to get her to post here but she never did. I know he also shows interest in raw food cause he asked for recipe
    companion animal medical center. Dr. pope/ on 286 in murrysville?? do not quote me on that as I have no sense of where anything is. he is not real expensive but more than my vet
    and yes, by all means, please come to the get together and meet a hell of a bunch of nice cat people. I have folks from as far as tennessee that come. we would love to meet you

5. myla

myla Member

I would LOVE to come meet you guys! I just PMed you Dian. Well I'm gonna be leaning on this board really hard while we get Purrcie into his new regimen!

Thank you SO very much for the welcome, and information, it is so appreciated. Vets can make you feel like you are bothering them and some boards jump all over you when you ask too many questions. I have to say I have never met a more caring grop of folks anwyere in just the little time I have been here. I almost can't believe it.

6. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

cool, then we are counting on you for the 14th of august.
    this place is the greatest. decide which insulin you want. lantus or lev and get vet to write RX. call around and price the pens like walmart and sams ,costco and the like and canada. canada never needed a rx before but they do now.. get the 5 pens. this is more cost effective in the long run even though a little more expensive to start. a lot of folks have ordered from canada but check prices locally for both.
    you can never ask too many questions here even if you feel as though it is a stupid one. no one puts ya down for not knowing. read the stickies in the lantus forum and this will help whether you choose lantus or lev. it is a whole nudder ball game with these 2 insulins. you shoot according to nadir and not PS.
    feel free to ask away and to post in lantus forum, bothe lantus and lev peeps post there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.