Looking for support

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by bobbi, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbi

bobbi New Member

Hi, Just trying to navagate this...I found out today that my cat has diabetes. I need support by just personal connection. I'll continue to read, but how do I just chat...? Having trouble finding ways to do this anywhere. Thanks, Bobbi

2. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

This software is new to all of us, so there might be features we haven't discovered yet, but I don't think there is a chat function. Instead you keep adding posts to your original thread. So many people frequent this board that the effect will often be almost like chat.

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! Yep, Jean's right; just keep adding to your thread and you will get responses all day since so many people are in so many different time zones/countries. Ask anything you need to; we've all been where you're at. :)

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

You may find that if you post your concerns right here you'll get more support than you could ever imagine.

Also, if you want advice, we are all here for you. It's better to get advice on the board because sometimes what one of forgets another can pick up on and add to the advice. This would help insure that you are getting the best support possible.

Could you tell us about your kitty and how your kitty was diagnosed. How was your cat acting before the diagnosis, did your vet tell you about insulin.

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

See, we already have a chat going. Tell us about your kitty - name, type. What were they symptoms? What tests did your vet do? Are you planning to start insulin? Have you heard about the value of a wet, lo carb diet?

6. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

This message board doesn't have a live chat room feature. I think that is something the board owner is looking into.

Feel free to post on the board :) The main site is at http://www.felinediabetes.com and has a ton of articles and stuff on how to manage your diabetic cat.

7. Mary and Jolly

Mary and Jolly Member

Hi Bobbi and welcome to FDMB.
    I know it may seem overwhelming, but you are at the right place and you have the right idea.
    Read as much as you can. Navigate around, there are some great links here. If something is not clear, you can just post your question like you just did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.