Loose Lips - Meet my new baby! Pics, too

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, remember me and my beloved Maggie (GA). Just stopping by to say hello and introduce my new furry lovebug, Katie. I've missed my LLMB family so much. Thank you my friend, Tena & Curry (GA) for resizing Katie's pics.

Please meet Katie, my new baby. She's a blue/cream Tortoiseshell with some white markings and a Tortie attitude to match. I adopted her October 23, and she is just a little over three months old, a little half pint ball of energy. I swear she's an offspring of Michelle's Lola with everything she gets into, including closing herself in a bottom cabinet, :lol: and walking across the top of my flat screen. :shock: I caught her when I saw that one. She weighed 2.9 lb at her first Vetty visit. She must be up to 3 lb. now. I just love her to pieces.

I think fate and my sweet angel Maggie had something to do with Katie's adoption, as everything fell into place when I first saw her at the SD Humane Society. Katie was born August 4, and Maggie crossed the Rainbow Bridge the next day, August 5, so amazing and fate. I had searched for months at so many rescue groups for kitties, but for one reason or another it just didn't pan out, and now I know why with Katie. I knew first time I met her that something was different. She had a brother and sister that had already been adopted together, but she was left behind. I was the lucky one to be adopted by Katie. She is so playful, and also gentle. She didn't even cry on the ride home, just one little squeak! Katie seemed to settle in right away once I got her home, after two hours playing with the cat catcher wand with her. Katie sleeps with me every night after first some romping and playfulness.

Here are a couple pics, I have two more I would love to show. I wonder if I can do it in the next post. Thanks for letting me share, and I hope to visit more often. I do lurk often. Love and hugs from us. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Attached Files:

2. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello, Katie, it's so nice to meet you! I'm sure you already know this, but you have found one of the best mamabeans possible.

Ann, she is absolutely gorgeous! I love her colors and that face. So cute. And she has spunk! I can't wait to hear about more of her silly shenanigans.
    I am so glad she found you. Congratulations to both of you!

:YMHUG:

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks so much Josie. I forgot how entertaining it is to have a kitten. I adopted Mikey, my very first kitty as a kitten, also from the SD Humane Society. I wonder if i can sneak these las two in my here.[/attachment]

Attached Files:

4. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Entertaining is right! :D :D :D
    Love that yawn pic!! :D :lol: :D

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What a cute girl! I just love her markings.
    I'm so glad you have each other!

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

WELCOME KATIE!!!!!

She is absolutely gorgeous. I love the pics. One can just see the playfulness in her. She and Lola would get along great.

Maggie chose well for you. The coincidences on the Numbers and dates etc are too significant to think otherwise: Maggie helped, Katie waited, and the rest is history. How nice too that she sleeps with you. Good job Katie - us beans love that stuff.

I hope you will post now and then so we know how she is doing. I'd love to hear about her antics.

Have a great day Ann. Thanks so much for sharing Katie with us!

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D Welcome home, sweet Katie!!! What an expressive little face she has. And I love that she sleeps with you every night....that is so sweet. I can imagine, though, that she also does chase some toes under the blanket, too, since that's always a favorite kitten pastime! I bet you're going to need to put baby locks on your cabinets - she sounds very inquisitive and smart.

Beautiful job, sweet Maggie, finding the perfect MamaBean for Katie.

Please do keep us updated as she grows up...kittens are such a joy and a blessing!

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Uh I hate to point this out, but she has a flaw... well two flaws.... :YMSIGH:

1) she has a white mustache.
    2) the mustache is uneven.

If a girlie really insists on wearing a mustache, could you please tell her to make it even, one side is way more bushy than the other! :eek:

I love her coloring and markings! May you both enjoy a very long, happy, healthy life together filled with lots of love, fun, toys and snuggles. :D

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Josie, Rhiannon, Michelle and Amy for the visits. I think so, too, Amy on the locks. If the cabinet door is partly open, she will stick her little paw in there and open it. She's into plastic bags, too. :eek: So I've got a lot of kitten proofing to do yet. She's stopped getting behind my desk where all the wires are, thank goodness. She does do that toe chasing under the blanket before settling down. :lol:
    Michelle, yes, too many coincidences on finding her. I kept asking Maggie to show me after so much time had passed.
    Thanks Rhiannon. Katie has reallly helped with the healing of losing Maggie.
    Josie, she has some really good mischief looks, too. :lol:

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I can see the attitude in the last 2 photos! Congratulations!! There is something very special about being adopted by a tortie cat. I hope you enjoy every minute with Katie.

FWIW, I had a kittie, Gracie (GA) who could open any and everything. One day I came home from work and swore my apartment had been broken into. Every cabinet in my kitchen was open. I realized it was Gracie when she sauntered out of a cabinet with a, "Who me?" expression on her face.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome, Katie! Thank you, Maggie, for choosing just the right kitty for your mamabean!

Ann, she is beautiful, and I can see how much fun she must be. She'll keep you on your toes, that's for sure! Please keep in touch so that we can enjoy that bundle of energy, too.

Hugs to you and special scritches to Katie,

Ella & Rusty

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hillary & Maui :lol: :lol: on her mustache! Katie could pass for a little boy just as a quick look. What's so funny is I was told her little brother and sister turned out looking more Siamese, so maybe Katie's Mom had more than one lover. :lol:

Sienne, thanks so much on Katie, and oh so funny with your Gracie and her "who me" expression. :lol:

Ella thanks so much, and I definitely will stay in touch. I have to keep up with Rusty and the parties, too.

13. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

WELCOME KATIE!!
    Maggie definitely played a part in finding Katie for you. The dates are just way to close. I love that she sleeps with you. I forget what a kitten is like as well. She will keep you hopping. Big huge hugs Ann. I am so glad that Katie found you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

14. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

She's adorable! What interesting markings on her sweet little face! Congratulations, and thank you, for adopting her. May she bring tons of years of joy to you and your family. :D

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sweet!!! :D :D :D What lucky girls you both are! :lol: :lol:
    Liz

16. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

She's beautiful! I love her lil mustache. You can tell she's got some stinka in her for sure! Monster under the bed!!!! I hope you share many happy years together.

17. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh what a BEAUTIFUL baby you are Miss Katie! Looks like you have a milk moustache! Yep there's tortitude in there too... <3

BIG HUGS ANN! THANK YOU for sharing her with us!!!

18. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Melissa, Angela, Tara, Liz and Lyresa for the visits to meet Katie. She's sleeping on my desk as I type, so hopefully I can make a getaway to catch up with a friend later. I'll make sure I kitten proof all before leaving. :lol:

19. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Katie - you have chosen well! And thanks to Maggie for bringing you both together.

Here's to 9 long lives together. drinking24

Anne

Attached Files:

20. Doreen and PeePee

Doreen and PeePee Member

What a beautiful baby. Love those markings, especially the swash on her forehead. So much fun to have an energetic baby around the house. Congratulations!
    Have a great day!

21. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Well Howdy, Miss Katie, you don't know it yet, but you have chosen on of the bestest mamabeans ever! You are a mighty lucky little kitty. :D

Ann, she is beautiful! I can't wait to hear lots of stories!!

22. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh Ann, the wait was worth it! She is adoreable!!! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: Kittens take some getting used to after caring for senior ladies for so long. Emma keeps us laughing every day! I'm sure Lola and Emma will be by soon to take Katie off on some escapades! Emma found out where Tess hides the Furrari keys!

23. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

What a cutie kitty Katie is! I love the remarkable coloring on her, especially the swipe of cream on her forehead and the "mustache." :lol: So unique!

Yep, that's my Henry and he even pulls open the drawers, too. I call him my poltergeist. ohmygod_smile

24. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Welcome Katie - did you ever hit the jackpot! Such a great mommabean you have now, lucky girl!

Ann - she is such a cutie. Good luck kitten proofing the home. :lol: :lol: I look forward to seeing more pictures as she grows up.

25. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks so much Anne (Zener) and for the compliment. Maggie sure did good bringing us together. I love the pic.

Thanks Doreen for the visit and on Katie's markings. I love the swash on her forehead. She is a ton of fun and barrel of laughs.

Hi Ann & Tess, thanks, I agree on worth the wait. Katie says "when` and I'm ready" on Lola and Emma picking her for an escapade, and oh boy on the Ferrari! Good job on the keys, Emma.

Aww...thanks Barb on the compliment. I forgot to mention she also has a loud purr, and I noticed it right away at the Humane Society. Her condo was located in the gift shop, so she had lots of visitors.

Hi KPassa, on Henry, the poltergeist. :lol: :lol: Thanks for the visit. Another cabinet and drawer opener kitty.

Wendy, thanks so much. Katie is sleeping on my desk. I'd love to stay in touch and post pics as she grows. Hugs to you and Neko

26. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

OH .. MY .. GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! (((hugs))) It's so nice to see you back here too!! Katie is absolutely precious .. She was meant to be yours before you even knew it .. I hope you stop in often with lots of pictures and updates on this sweetheart!!!

27. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann, Katie is so adorable. I'm so glad you found each other. Please keep us updated on how you're both doing.

28. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

oh, Ann - Katie is too cute! I showed the pictures to Jessica so she could awwwww with me. I'm so happy for you both.

Always great to see you!

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

29. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Carla, Devon and Libby for stopping in to meet Katie and the compliments and kind words for both of us. I would love to stop in more often and share pics every once in a while and keep up with all of you and the kitties. I've missed everyone.

30. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,

Love the pics... What a personality! Hugs from us :D

Kathie

31. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Hello Miss Katie and welcome :D
    What a cutie and we wish you two a long and playful life together cat_pet_icon

32. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh ann, i am so glad for you! katie looks like a charmer - beauty and into everything all in one package of fur! :lol:

i got 2 kittens in august - doesn't make me miss my sweet punkin any less, but i love the new little squirts too. i'd also forgotten how they get into everything. 3 months later and anya is still having hissy fits about them, but hopefully she'll get over it eventually.

i know Katie's going to be a wonderful companion! blessings on you both!

33. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Congratulations, Ann!!!!! She is absolutely adorable!!!!!! I've had torties before and they have the best, most fun personalities and Katie looks to be no exception.

I'm so happy for you and she is such a lucky, lucky girl!!!! Of course, you will have to keep updating us as she grows :D

34. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thank you Kathie, Pam, Julie and Marje for stopping by to meet little Katie. Julie, I hope Anya stops the hissy soon :lol: and gets used to the kittens. Oh my with two kittens. I can imagine the laughs, mischief and playing together. Yes, that's for sure with the missing of punkin and Maggie, always in our hearts. Marje, thanks so much. this is the first for me with a Tortie, so much fun and personality and the looks, too, if only she could talk.

35. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Hi Ann. Wonderful to meet you and thank you so much for stopping into our condo this morning!
    Oh my! Isn't Katie just the sweetest little girl! :D Love the pics you posted Ann, and I agree with Marje, personality plus is written all over her face! :D Can't wait to hear updates on her adventures.
    Have a beautiful day

36. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann!

What a face on little Miss Katie - too adorable :D :D Oh, the fun you must be having at your house :lol:

Maggie did a good job sending Katie to her momma bean cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Jane

37. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yeah, those last two pictures made me laugh out loud :lol: She is so cute :D
    Thanks for the visit, and I hope to see you visit more :YMHUG: You are part of our family and now Katie is too.

Enjoy that little bundle of energy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.