Loose Lips Nov 14

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karrie and Maverick, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Guys. Hugs and prayers going out to many and their kitties today. A reminder that it isn't just our cats we should treasure every day but the humans (the good ones) in our lives also.

Henry has an appointment with Maverick's vet on Friday at 1:30. I thought I found a vet I could work with locally - he accepted my push back on the metacamm. It would save the cats the 45 minute car ride. I'd prefer not to go back to Maverick's vet but I think its best for them. The local vet doesn't carry non adjuvented vaccinations. People in my small city just don't care - not enough demand for them. I called Maverick's vet and they carry non adjuvented. So, I made an appointment for Henry. Not sure if he'll get vaccines because of his sniffles. I think I may push this out. Give him two weeks on lysine and see how he does. He's been doing the prescription food and hasn't had diarrhea since being exclusively on this. But DH was laughing that Henry likes pizza - he was licking the top of a left over pizza and we have diarrhea today. I was just going to start him on lysine. If I start him now, I won't know if its the pizza or the lysine causing the diarrhea. MEN! Guess DH didn't think licks counted when dealing with food sensitivity. Henry is only two but he will need a dental, and xrays on his hind end.

Tested Hef's blood work glucose today. He sleeps a lot in the day, so I wondered if maybe it was diabetes. Came in at a beautiful 62. Still a healthy happy broken diabetic :mrgreen: DH has really bonded with Hef as he sleeps on his side of the bed and licks his hand.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Prayers from us to all those in need of them ..

62? Puuurfect! I hope the vet appt goes well on Friday .. I guess some kitties are prone to teeth problems, looks like henry might be one of them .. but I'm sure you'll get it all taken care of!

We've been watching mocha's weight recently as she used to hang out just over 13lbs but has gone down to about 12.5 give or take .. She seems happy and healthy and I'm not sure if she was a bit overweight before and is getting more to the perfect weight now, or if she really needs some extra calories added in .. How would you know? Always something, isn't it?

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Karrie, so nice to get some news on Henry and Hef. Sending vines for Henry's Vet visit and the Lysine. Maggie needs a dental so she and Henry can have one together in spirit, hold each others' paws! :D Oh how funny with DH sneaking him some pizza, well, hope it doesn't cause diarrhea though! Mags likes potato chips, and I can't eat them in the house or she does this begging thing. Beautiful bg for Hef. How is Victoria?

4. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Great Henry and Hef update :smile:

I scheduled Leroy's and Emma's annual exam for next month. Leroy doesn't really need an exam since he just had one but he will need his rabies vaccination. Emma is due for her rabies vaccination next month, too. It will be Emma's first visit with Dr. B :smile: I wonder if Dr. B will have any comment on Emma's cute pancrease :lol: ;-)

Does anyone give their vet a holiday gift? Since Leroy and Emma will be seeing Dr. B right before Christmas, I thought it might be a nice to give Dr. B a little something. A few years ago I gave the gerbils' vet this really cute framed picture of mice lining up with their "pets" to see a "vet", http://www.house-mouse.com/Eeek-Mail/images/e9904.jpg It was such an appropriate gift for the vet since she treats small animals like gerbils and rabbits and birds. For the rest of the avian/exotic staff (like 5 other people), I gave them mouse-shaped chocolates :smile: I was thinking of homemade cookies or something, since I have to make some for the vet at work anyways.

5. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

i think a holiday gift for the vet is a great idea!
    All we've ever given them is a stool sample :?

and Karrie... :lol:

[​IMG]

6. squeem3

:lol: :lol:

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

here is what has been keeping me off the board lately:

http://youtu.be/PZHTNMec4ZQ

My new fosters, Chloe and Bailey. Unlike Jazzy, these fosters are supposed to actually LEAVE sometime. :lol: They are healthy and sweet and they should be very adoptable.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

My nephew's cat rode in the truck with him and ate pizza all the time: no problems. Maybe pizza takes some getting used to! Karrie, what are non adjuvented vaccinations? And why should we ask for them? I've never heard anything about this.
    Thank you so much for all the help you are giving Desi and Tawny. They (and all of the rest of us) are really lucky to have you here.
    Good luck with your vet appt. Your kitty crew sounds in good spirits.

Squeem, you can't go wrong with cookies!!

Libby: WOW!! Welcome to Chloe and Bailey. How great that you are helping them find good homes!

Ella & Rusty

9. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

what a pair of absolute charmers, Libby!

(binks and I had hopes that the Adoptocats would be that sweet, but...)

10. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I hope the sisters get adopted together. They are so sweet.
    Liz

11. squeem3

Dr. Lisa has a section about vaccines on her web site: http://catinfo.org/?link=vaccines

The adjuvant can cause irritation at the injection site and may cause sarcomas. Dr. Lisa recommends non-adjuvant vaccinations.

I have no idea if Leroy and Emma got non-adjuvant kitten vaccinations before I got them nailbite_smile Their paperwork just lists what vaccinations they got. It's been a year now and so far no problems. Their first rabies vaccination was the non-adjuvant PureVax one. Dr. Lisa doesn't recommend even the PureVax rabies. I had discussed this with Dr. B last year and he felt that Leroy should get it. There are potential rabies carriers in the area (skunks, racoons, coyotes, etc) so the rabies vaccination would protect Leroy in case he somehow ends up outside. And state law requires pets to be rabies vaccinated, though I know people who ignore that law.

The new issue of Martha Stewart Living has a recipie for linzer-like cookies and other holiday cookies. None seem too difficult to make. It's still too early to decide what cookies (or brownies) I'll make for the vet. There's always basic sugar cookies dipped in chocolate and sprinked with crushed peppermint as an easy last minute thing to make :smile:

12. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

OMG Libby I am in love with them!!! That video started my morning off perfectly. I'm smiling from ear to ear. I don't know how you'd part with them darlings.

Devon, Victoria is losing weight too. I took her in for a complete blood work up and check up a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to know if it was Hef eating all her food or something brewing. She's not losing too fast and she still is above her ideal weight. So I'm trying some things out to help trouble shoot. They have weigh in every Friday ;) They shouldn't lose more than 1-2% a week. So for a week, you could up her calorie levels, if she maintains or gains its most likely not health related and due to amount of food or calories she's getting.

Ann I would love to see Maggie begging for potato chips!!!!

I love that you bake for the vets and get them gifts. If I had a really awesome vet I would do this in a heart beat. I think the vet Henry will be seeing has that potential. I don't sense personality disorder from her at all.

Celi you made me laugh out loud. That picture is perfect.

Ella that picture of Rusty that you posted the other day is absolutely amazing. I feel bad for Deb and Tawny. I couldn't imagine fighting both DKA and FHL. Just FHL was an emotional roller coaster for me. It was a blessing in disguise though.

Everyone should know about vaccines and to push their vet for non adjuvented only. They exist so unless there is a reason, I wouldn't go with them.

Well the licking of the pizza is still in Henry's system. He walked by me in the hallway today and dropped a piece of soft mushy poop right there. Perfect timing huh. I should have asked DH to clean it up. *SMACK*. Is his system ever sensitive.

13. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby, can I adopt the two of them? Just kidding and wishful thinking! I love the Siamese breed. Enjoy taking care of them.

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I was at a show 2 weeks ago and Siamese rescue was there so I went there and shopped and asked if any of them was Libby :lol: they were like no but bet we have met at one time or another, congrats on your new foster furkids

15. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

edited to move to TODAY'S Loose Lips :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.