Lost my Cid

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cidsmommy, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cidsmommy

Cidsmommy New Member

Cid passed away last Tuesday the 8th. He was doing a little better and we were using 3 units of insulin twice a day after having gradually worked up to that amount. His coat had a better appearance and he seemed better. Absolutely no signs of hypoglycemia. However, over the course of about 3 days he deteriorated rapidly. He got to where he wouldn't eat as much. Monday, the 7th he wouldn't move he just laid in one spot and had trouble moving. I called he vet Monday afternoon knowing in my heart there was not much time left and not much left to do for him. I honestly didn't think he would make it through the night. He did but by mid morning when I was going to take him to the vet anyway (had my daughter at her doc early morning) he was struggling for every breath. I took him and put him down as hard as it was I knew it was best. He wouldn't move or acknowledge me at this point. When we got to the vet, he lifted his head and meowed one last time as if saying good bye or thank you. I cried and cried at the vet but I asked for his body back so I could cremate him. He was my baby when I didn't have any and at some points he was my only friend and family. The hard part was having to tell my daughter but she seems to be doing fine. I don't know where animals go after they pass but I know wherever he did go that he isn't hurting anymore and I did all I could do for him. Afterall, everyone thought I was crazy for even trying the insulin. I blame our original vet who back in november whe he had a drastic wt loss said nothing was wrong but old age. It was probably his time to go but in the back of my mind I wonder if that vet had done somethign then, would he still be around? I'm not beating myself up over this. Life goes on and I know God has a plan no matter what that may be. (I think that may of been who was working on my husband and had him bring home a kitten right after Cid was diagnosed....my husband doesn't like cats so someone was working on him).

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

My sympathies for your loss of your baby Cid, fly free Cid and safe crossings.
    ((((hugs))))

3. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

I am so sorry for Cid's passing. You did everything you could to help him. He was lucky to have such a loving mom such as you. (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

4. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

My most heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your beloved Cid. You tried, you did everything you could and you knew when it was time to let him go. I was so hoping that Cid would get well....he truly was still a young kitty to have had to leave.......but there are also times when diabetes is the first disease to show up but there is another major disease as yet discovered. That is why, when a newly dx'd kitty leaves in such a short time after diagnosis, it is usually not the diabetes but possibly a cancer. Cid knew he was loved.......remember the love shared........and when the "moments" hit just cry. Tears are healing and truly our only release from the pain of loss. My heart goes out to you.
    [​IMG]

5. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

7. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

8. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Hugs)))) Most of us know first hand how difficult, but how right, the step you had to take was. I am so very sorry for your loss of sweet Cid. Fly free and land softly, Cid. wings_cat

9. Heather & Angel (GA)

Heather & Angel (GA) Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, but you did all that you could for Cid. You're a great mom!

10. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that you were unable to keep Cid with you - sometimes as written above, there are other things going on in these little bodies that we don't know about. You tried and gave him a bit more time to receive your love and for you to receive his.

My heart goes out to you - I'm so sorry - Glad your daughter is doing okay with it. Sometimes it's so difficult for children to understand.

Cid is pain-free now - none of us can say for certain what happens after they leave us, but it is a certainty that they have no more pain and that they leave an abundance of love and wonderful memories behind with us to help ease our grief.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

11. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of Cid -he will stay in your heart forever, until you meet again.

Fly freeeeee Cid!

12. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Fly free Cid. rb_icon

(((hugs))) for you and your daughter.

13. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of Cid bring you comfort...

..'til you meet again.

14. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

15. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    J.

16. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Dear Cid's Mommy,

I am so sorry for your loss, and I hope in time, the good memories will live always in your hearts.

It is never easy to lose someone whom we love so much or has been with us through good times and bad.

((((HUGS)))),
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)
    cat_pet_icon

17. feathersby

feathersby Member

I am very sorry fro yur loss. Fly free sweet Cid.
    He'll be waiting for you at the Bridge.

18. JGinMA Lindy (GA)

JGinMA Lindy (GA) New Member

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Cid. My sympathies to you. May memories of healthier and happier times help comfort you in your grief. I hope that Cid is frolicking with the other dear furry family members over the Rainbow Bridge.

Big hugs to you.

Janice

19. Cidsmommy

Cidsmommy New Member

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, postings and kind words. There will NEVER be another Cid and his memory will forever hold a special place in my heart. It wasn't an easy decision but I knew it was right. I know he knew I loved him. The day before he died, I called out for him and he struggled to come to me but he came just because I called. I know he loved me and in the end that's what matters. Part of me wonders if I did enough but then I know I"m not God so I can't do everything. It was his time to go and one day at a time I'm healing. My life is busy so I don't have time to dwell on his passing much (that is a good thing I suppose) but I often find myself missing him when for example I back out of the drive. I'm used to looking to see where he is before backing and I still find myself doing so. It's moments like that which I miss him. He was my dear friend and companion through it all for over 10 years. I couldn't have asked for more. At least I can say I tried.

I want to thank you all not only for your kind words but also for your posts while he was here. I gained a lot of information not only from my posts but reading through others. It's nice to know there are people like you all out there. I appreciate everything. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for everything. I will continue to drop by this board on occassion as well.

20. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am so very sorry for your loss of Cid.

~M

21. Supermax (GA)

Supermax (GA) Member

So sorry for you loss

22. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Yittle on the 7th so I know how much you're grieving. As you yourself said, we're not God and our love and desire isn't always enough to save them. But we try our hardest and thats what is important. They know, they always know, and they never forget.

23. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Cid. Sounds like he got and gave so much love. Hugs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.