lots of sneezing going on here

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HollyandSpader(GA), Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

All of the guys are sneezing, especially Henry. I put lysine in their food. Is there anything else I can do? They are all active and eating and drinking, pooping and peeing normally. @-)
    Thanks!

Holly

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

It's possible they may have colds and may need something stronger than lysine. Meaning, a vet visit may be needed.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Warm air vaporizer.

4. Snoops mom

Snoops mom Member

as long as they are eating etc ok, as far as i know, really only lysine (and even then, i think it only helps if it's a herpes flare up) and time will help a kitty cold virus.
    With the other common kitty cold, the calici virus, i think they can get sores in their mouths from that.......not sure what, if anything, can be done for those, if they've got that. my kids have only gotten the herpes/rhinotracheitis.
    but from all i've read, the main concern for a cat with a cold is not eating- or getting a secondary bacterial infection, like pneumonia. but then of course they'd have a fever and look/act sick, and from what i understand, that would tend to happen after having the cold for a while first.

i've got a girl who has been sneezing for over 4 weeks now, but otherwise is fine!! she does have nasal congestion, but it doesn't stop her from eating, playing and demanding skritches.
    *she* will have to see the vet if there's no change soon, though, because it's just been too long. maybe she's got a nasal polyp or something.
    i'm pretty sure a herpes flare only lasts 10 days, and the other cats never got it, so she's gotta have something else going on.

i hope your 'kids' get over their cold quickly!! and i hope they don't do what my girl Raven does, walk right up to the top of the bed when i'm sleeping and sneeze in my face!! lol
    ewwww

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

An antibiotic is called for if there are signs of a secondary bacterial infection. Such signs are greenish discharge from the nose or goopy eyes.

6. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Henry is still sneezing and only clear stuff is coming out of his eye. Nothing from his nose. I will keep an eye on him.

He is acting normally-- eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and running around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.