Low Carb Treats (and vomiting!)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Brittany-Tig, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

Poor Tigger threw up today. It was just water, but this isn’t something he normally does. Is this something that can happen with diabetic kitties? Or with kitties fed all wet food? He also ate about half of his dinner tonight so I’m going to keep monitoring him :(
    But this got me thinking about treats. If I had low carb treats I could just give him a few of those and see if he has no appetite or if he just didn’t like the dinner selection tonight. I also want some treats for post BG check rewards. What are your favorite low carb treats?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I use shredded chicken breast that I cook.

Purely Fancy Feast treats are just meat. They have chicken, salmon and tuna.

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  3. Brittany-Tig

Brittany-Tig Member

Thank you!! I’ll definitely check those out. And plain old poultry is always a good idea!

4. Lillie

Lillie Member

I used to feed my kitty Pure Bites that are freeze dried meat and nothing else. He loved the duck.

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  5. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

My guy won't eat those freeze dried treats. I wish there was something else. Those Fancy Feast treats are SOOO expensive.

Brittany-Tig likes this.
  6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Pure Bites are good. My cat adores Orijen dried meat treats, so that's his special treat when he gets his BG tested. :cat:

Brittany-Tig and Critter Mom like this.
  7. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Could you cook chicken yourself and use that?

8. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

He does like chicken, but won't eat deli chicken. That was the easiest solution. I could try cooking my own and see if he likes that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.