Lower dose of Novilin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi Member

I did a hair lower dose this am 1.5 from 2. I want to see if the spikes aren’t so high. She’s spiking from upper 400’s down to 200’s. Is this a bad thing to try?

I am definitely going to talk to my vet about putting her on Prozinc. I read and looked at the website and I think it would be much more of what she needs...I tried to have him call in a script but he doesn’t do that so I have an appointment next Friday.

Would a bit higher BG be better than that terrible spiking?

Thank goodness for doing a curve. I just can’t poke every hour but every 2 hours has shown me that those weren’t all fur shots....

2. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

I’m replying to bump this up...so far today is a little higher but no nose dive spikes. So I think lowering dose was a good thing.

PS syringes arrived !!! Christmas party!!!

JanetNJ likes this.
  3. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Is bumping my own post rude :oops: ?

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

@Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

I am not a videographer but I did these to show you how I inject my long hair kitty using a comb, haven't had a fur shot since. They are short clips,I didn't know how to merge into one clip.

In regards to your insulin, I'm sure others have mentioned this. Novalin is a fast SHORT lasting insulin. You give it, it lowers glucose quickly, only lasts a couple of hours. So there are more hours where the glucose will go up until next shot.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

5. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Yikes I’m on satellite internet and will have to watch later in my free zone. I’ve been hitting though..didn’t realize Novilin spiked like it does so on days I have not been able to test I thought I was giving fur shots. I think most of those frustrations were actually just the spikes from the Novilin. What a beautiful, beautiful kitty you have! I did see a clip before it buffered.

I understand how Novilin works now...I can’t see about getting her in Prozinc until Friday at her appointment. He won’t call it in. My question is that I’m wondering if the more even curve at the lower dose is better for her than that awful spiking. I would think so.

Thank you and I look forward to watching.

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Check the supply closet thread. People donate insulin when they don't need them anymore. It's how I got the lev for Olive without a script. My vet doesn't even know yet that I switched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.