? lower dose or dose further apart?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Misterbeesmom, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

ok quite interesting numbers after that awful day of red.

Assuming for the moment that we may have more days like today, with preshots at +12 that are too low to dose, what do people do? Start lowering the dosage, or keep the same dosage but dose further apart than the usual 12/12?

Also what do you do when preshot is too low to dose but you have to go to work? Does a token dose help at all or are we better off skipping it entirely?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

OMG Jen, this is great! But also a bit tension-inducing! :nailbiting: When you skipped the shot Mr. B.'s BG was on the margin I think. You don't have a lot of data yet for this type of situation. Next time, if you're at home and can monitor, you could try giving the full dose to see how he does.

If you start having a run of too low to shoot PSs that's a sign that the dose is too high. I don't think you're there (yet). The alternate dosing schedules of 11/13 hours or 13/11 hours are good tools for later maybe? I'd say stick with 12/12 for now as you explore this new territory. You don't want to introduce too many variables at the same time.

Up to now I've always skipped the shot when Teasel has thrown me a too low PS. I'm rethinking that and am planning to try a token dose next time, maybe 50% of what his usual dose is or even only 1 unit. I'd also want to be able to monitor afterward. However, you have to do what you're comfortable with and no shot is safest. More experimenting ahead - for both you and me! :)

Misterbeesmom likes this.
  3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Hurray! Nice that he occasionally gives you a good number and encourages you to push through the harder ones.

I always think skipping is the least effective choice, but the safest. So I'd try the alternatives - stalling, giving a CSD (chicken &@$€% dose - much less than usual) but if you won't be around and he doesn't come up, then go with the skip - because it is safe and you can always get him back.

Today was close to to high enough. I'm with Kris - try a little lower amount the next time you can be around or a CSD when you will at least be around mid cycle. Then you'll have a better idea of what he might do when you won't be there.

4. Misterbeesmom

I was able to stay home. At +14 he was up to 267 so i gave him a reduced dose at my best guess. We've had such varied results i do not feel confident trying to figure out how much to give under these circumstances. While I'm relieved to see such good numbers, i am certainly anxious about adjusting the doses!

Thank you!

5. Kris & Teasel

As depressing as the high numbers are, they take the guesswork out of dosing, don't they? :confused:

6. Misterbeesmom

Ok i'm not freakkng out but i am totally confused at his +6 just now. What did i do wrong? Too low a dose at +14? Should i have dosed him at +12 though he was nearly the no-shoot number (220, right?)

What the heck? Sheesh

7. Kris & Teasel

Just a bounce, Jen. That yellow AMPS was low for him. Keep getting data ... the trends are what tell the story. It's almost impossible to find a reason for each individual number.

8. Kris & Teasel

I like the yellow AMPS.

9. Misterbeesmom

me too! i tested him twice to be sure. got upper yellows both times. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.