Lowering dose question for this evening

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by NicoleC46237, Apr 18, 2020.

1. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

This morning I had to delay Lou's shot 30 minutes due to a low AMPS number and the number I did shoot was still a little lower than I've shot before. I meant to go ahead and shoot his correct 2.75U but when I went to push the air out of the needle I over pushed and it ended up being closer to 2.5U so I just went with it instead of drawing more since I don't like doing that with the same needle. That takes me to his +6 and he had a BG of 79. That tells me that he needs a drop of .25U based on the dosing method I'm following.

Here's the question...do I lower the normal 2.75U that he's supposed to be on or lower the 2.5U that I actually shot this morning? I just had to make this difficult on myself right???

Hopefully I made sense. It was clear in my head but who knows if I made since through my fingers LOL

Thanks in advance guys!!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Ummm, ummmm, you do ask tough questions Nicole. Had to think about this for about 60 seconds. Is this "Try to stump Deb day?"

You drop the dose to 2.25U. If Lou doesn't hold the dose, that is his numbers creep back up, it's a failed reduction, then you go back up in dose.

The failed reductions scenario isn't explicitly mentioned in the SLGS Prozinc dosing protocol section. It's in the MPM (Modified Prozinc Method) portion. Under reducing the dose.

"If an attempted reduction fails, go right back up to the last good dose as soon as you see kitty's numbers trending upwards. You don't have to hold the reduced dose for a certain number of cycles before taking the dose right back up. The guidelines listed under the topic "Increasing the dose" do not apply to a failed reduction. Please use common sense in this situation. The "last good dose" is not the dose that just dropped kitty into the 20s or 30s. You want to resume momentum by finding an in-between the dose."

Ok with that?

3. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

Do I get a cookie or something for stumping Deb??? ;)

Sounds like a good plan to me! I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks so much!!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

NicoleC46237 likes this.