Lucky age 10

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lucky’s Mom, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky’s Mom

Lucky’s Mom New Member

Hello. Lucky was diagnosed in February and it has been a struggle to regulate him. He was on vet food only (wet and dry) and Flexadin initially and was up to 8U of Lantus 2x a day. I took him off Flexadin and transitioned to wet food only and he was then on .25 U. His vet was not happy with his FF diet and blood work indicated a new pancreas issue so... I’ve been trying to find the right wet food diet for him. As a result his BG is higher and he is up to .75U.

I’m in Canada and am struggling to find an alternative to FF. I’m looking for a little higher quality food with less fat. I’ve tried so many and can’t seem to settle on the perfect wet food diet that has low carbs but isn’t too fatty.

These chat groups and message boards are so very helpful. ❤️

2. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

Welcome to you and Lucky!

Wow, so glad to hear that he’s down from the 8 units!
    This is the list that many of us use to find appropriate foods.

https://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

I’m not sure how many of them are available to you in Canada, but if you post on the main health forum, someone will be able to help you out :) If you haven’t tried tiki cat and it’s available to you, that brand tends to be have some good high quality options.

Also be sure to check out the lantus forum, as there’s lots of good info there as well!

3. Lucky’s Mom

Lucky’s Mom New Member

Thanks Sarah. I will join the lantus group and do a post on the main board. I have checked out that list and a lot of the food is not available in Canada. Lucky does like tiki cat. I am looking for a tiki cat pate as well because i know he will get tired of the slivers.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Lucky's Mom, welcome to FDMB. I see that you have started a new thread on the Main Health forum. Super!

Just FYI, we can also help out with information and suggestions about regulating Lucky. This board has the resources to help with all three basic components of effective feline diabetic treatment (proper diet, insulin therapy and home blood sugar testing to track insulin/diet effects to assist with that regulation).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.