Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion micro

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jkluckycharms, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I just did my 1st at home test on Lucky, I'm a little concerned as his +7 blood glucose is 47 on the relion micro. I fed him 1/2 a can of fancy feast classics and he seems fine. He is on 2units of lantus 2x a day per the vet. I called the vet right before closing and the office said the human meter I'm using is not as reliable for feline testing as the on feline meters. I know from reading several posts the meter I got is one your recommend. Can someone please give me some advice.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

47 at +7 is a little concerning IF it goes lower. If it starts to climb, you are fine. I would take another test in 20 minutes to make sure it is rising. If it is not, then the gravy off a higher carb food would be a good idea. Fantastic that you are testing!

Lantus users can advise you; I would ask for help on dose before tonight's shot.

3. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Just tested him again about 20 minutes later and got 65.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

That looks good! Definitely ask for advice re the next dose. I think anything under 50 for a new diabetic merits a dose decrease.

We think human glucometers do a great job - we are looking for trends and patterns. The animal glucometer may be a few points more accurate, but for most of us, it is not worth the expense or inconvenience.

5. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Thanks I'll do that. It was scary seeing that low # on my 1st try.

6. max&emmasmommie

max&emmasmommie Well-Known Member

I'm glad you tested! This is what you need to do now. Test him right now, and see where he is. If he's below 50, give him a tsp of food, and check again in 20 minutes. Keep posting your numbers, please. If he's above 50 but close to it, check him in 30 minutes and post. Ok? Let me know you got that, ok?

7. max&emmasmommie

Do you have High Carb food? If he's below 50 give him that after the next test.

8. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I do have high carb food and I'll test him again in 20 minutes to see if his # is still increasing. If not i'll give him the food. Thanks.

9. max&emmasmommie

Your last test when you got 65 was 20 minutes after +7, right? What time zone are you in? According to the board you posted the 65 at 10:35 a.m. It's now 1/2 hour later. My time is 12:01 right now. If he were my cat I would test him within the next 5 minutes, feed him if he's below 50, and THEN post. Feed first, then post to make sure the food gets in asap. Then test in 20 minutes after that.

10. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

First, great job on getting your first successful BG test! It came at apparently a perfect time too.

About you vet's statement on human meters vs. vet/pet meters. He's technically right? But it's all relative. Many people have compared their meters to their vets using the same sample of blood, and "usually", the vet meter will read higher.

Generically, we assume a difference of about 30 points, with the vet meter being the higher of the two readings.

So.... If you got a 47, you might have seen a 77 on a meter like an Alpha Trak, made specifically for pets.

BUT - when someone who is home testing and using a Relion Micro gets a test number under 50, we advise that the dose is lowered (with Lantus, the typical reduction is .25u less). However, if you are using an Alpha Trak meter, and you get a 77, well guess what? We advise the same reduction in dose. The "line" for a human meter is "50", and for a pet meter it is "80".

So you can see, we take that variance between human and pet meters into account when you are making an adjustment to the dose. That is why we always ask new members what type of meter they're using. So we can advise based on your specific situation.

Bottom line is, the number you got today indicates that the current dose should most likely be reduced.

Carl

11. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I guess my time is slipping away this afternoon. I did another test at 2:08 and his is at 89. I am in the eastern time zone. I am using the lantus solostar pen and don't have the u-100 syringes the pharmacist gave me the pen needles, so I currently have to give in 1 unit increments. If you suggest I drop the dosage based on his lower readings, can I get the syringes without a prescription from the vet?

12. MelanieP and Ninja

MelanieP and Ninja Member

I am SO glad you started testing right away! I thought you mentioned in your post from this past Tuesday (July 31) that your vet had reduced Lucky's dose from 2 units twice a day to 1 unit twice a day. Did the vet ask you to go back up to 2 units since Tuesday? The important thing now is to keep Lucky safe so please do not inject 2 units at Lucky's next shot time without getting feedback from the more experienced members of this board. Typically they advise you start low and go slow. :)

13. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

recap -
    +7 47 (fed 1/2 can FF classics)
    +7.3 65
    +7.6 89

Carl

edit - it depends on which state you live in. Some states require a prescription for syringes and others don't.

14. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

The recap is correct. The vet had me drop the dosage from 2 units to 1 units because he wasn't eating which seems to have been corrected by his dental procedure on Thursday. So when they tested his sugar in the office on Thursday morning his bs was 577 and they told me to go back to 2 units.

15. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Whoa, don't use the pen needles, the dose can actually vary by drops as they're made for humans who take a lot more insulin. In humans, that variance is fine but in the increments we use, it can be huge - as much as a typical 'dose' different over OR under. Almost every pharmacy stocks insulin needles of some type, you may have to ask as some keep them behind the counter. It looks like that dose needs a reduction immediately. Can you go get syringes anywhere? Walmart carries them in packs of 10 for about $2. We use the 'short' ones...

HUGS!

16. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I can go to walmart and get the u-100 syringes if I need to, but that pen is just so easy to use so it's a bummer if it doesn't dispense properly.

17. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

If you can get them without a prescription, this is what you should ask for.

U100, 3/10th cc insulin syringes, 5/16ths length needle, and tell them you want the ones with 1/2 unit markings. They'll know what all that means.

Carl

18. max&emmasmommie

Ok, number one: Please do not leave your cat right now. We want to see his BG get higher before you leave him. That will probably happen as you are getting late in the cycle. How many hours and minutes has it been since you gave him the shot, please?

19. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Using the syringes to draw insulin out of the pens is easy too, and we can point you to YouTube videos that show you exactly how it is done. It is much more accurate to do it that way, and it will definitely matter on doses of 2u and lower.

Great point Dale. Kitty's safety is the top priority right now. We can talk about dose and syringes any old time!

Carl

20. max&emmasmommie

Number two: Do not give 2 units tonight, and do not give anything unless his BG is over 200 right before you shoot. Do not give anything even if his BG is over 200 if he refuses to eat between the test and the shot.

21. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Number 3,

Please tell us your name. Typing "jkluckycharm's Mom" takes way too long. :D

Carl

22. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Don't worry I won't leave him, he's happily purring and sleeping right next to me in his bed. I gave him his 2 units of lantus at 615am eastern time so it's been 8 hours and 19 minutes since he was injected.

23. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

My name is Jenny. And thanks for all the help.

24. max&emmasmommie

Number three, ahem, Four: Please feed him Low Carb food right before +10 -- right about +9.75. Please test him at +10 and at +11 and then at +12/PMPS. We want to see which way his numbers are going before you shoot. If his number at +10 is high enough (and I defer to those more experienced as to how high it needs to be - ANYONE?) do NOT feed him again until +11 and theN, only if he's low (how low anyone?). We want him to be 2 hours without food at PMPS before you decided whether to shoot, but only if he's safely within certain numbers for that 2 hour time period. I think he probably will be.

25. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

You're very welcome Jenny. And no problem....this is pretty much what we "do". :smile:

I'm not more experienced, so I don't know that number, Dale. But I'll look for some input in TR...

Carl

26. Squeaky and KT (GA)

AGREE - Don't leave him right now until he's higher. When you took the little cap off the pen to begin using it, there's the same little rubber seal that are on vials just smaller. Use the needles the same as vials EXCEPT do not insert air in first - pens work on negative pressure while vials must be equalized.

KT and I work at between 2u's and 2.5u's with 'fat' and 'skinny' doses according to how wierd he's being. Even after a year I don't consider us truly 'regulated' but he's a lot more stable than a year ago.

BIG HUG! You can do this!

27. max&emmasmommie

Ah, okay, I've read over your other posts. You are giving him antibiotics, aren't you?

28. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

yes he is on antibiotics. Right now I'm attempting to give him a little food before his +10 but he's not interested right now.

29. max&emmasmommie

What was his last BG reading, please and when? At +what, please?

30. max&emmasmommie

Mmm, my post about when to test and when to feed more food didn't show up, did it? When is the last time you fed him, too? How is he acting?

31. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Just did one 412pm est +9hrs 57 minutes bg 78

32. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Dale,
    I think this is it?

CArl

33. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

recap -
    +7.3 65
    +7.6 89

+10 78

34. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

He last ate around 10:30-11:00 am. He doesn't like to be fed at particular times right now so I've just been leaving wet food in his room and letting him eat when he wants and tracking it. Right now he's just kinda resting and walking around he does have a little twitch in his front paw that I started noticing yesterday but that's the only difference.

35. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Sorry he also had 1/2 can fancy feast at +7 when I got the low bs number. 115 pm est

36. max&emmasmommie

Okay, you need to get him to EAT RIGHT NOW if you can. So put the food on a spoon, and hold it to his mouth. Do that now, and read this very quickly. --- Let us know if he will eat it. His BG has dropped again from 89 to 78, and he needs to eat. Test him again in 10 minutes whether he eats or not, ok?

However, do you have Karo syrup, pancake syrup, maple syrup anything like that in the house? If so, AFTER you try to make him eat but before you test him. If he will not eat cat food, be ready to rub a little syrup on his gums AFTER your next test. You may not need to. If you don't have that stuff in the house let us know.

37. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

i do have honey and maple syrup in th house

38. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

he's eating right now

39. max&emmasmommie

Good! Tell us how much he eats, please. Try to keep him from eating more than about 2 tsp if its HC food. What brand of wet food is it? If it's only FF Classics, please tell us.

40. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

He ate 1/2 can of fancy feast classics.

41. max&emmasmommie

Carl, a recap, please, after her next test? Her times are right, I think. She shot at 6:15 am Eastern time which is 3:15 am, Calif time. It is now 1:30 Calif time which is 4:30 Eastern time. At 4:15 it was her her +10 (edited). At 4:30 its her +10.25.

42. max&emmasmommie

Okay, FF Classics are about 5% carb. That's low carb food, but it's okay because his BG is not really low, but it's falling. So, get the maple syrup out, and if the next test isn't high enough you can add some syrup to the canned food. If the cat won't take it, you can rub it on his gums.

43. max&emmasmommie

You are doing great! and your cat was perfectly safe at 78.

It just concerns me that the BG is falling at +10.25. So, we have to stay on this.

The procedure is this: Test. Then if the BG hasn't risen by a good margin, feed, then POST the number for us, and test again in about 15 to 20 minutes. Please don't feed too much at a time -- about a teaspoon next time. We are not going to see the BG go up a lot because you are using low carb food, and that's okay at 78. The good thing is that LC food is going to keep his BG rising longer than HC would. As long has he's not below 50, LC food is probably (probably) going to work just fine. We'll just keep testing, ok. You don't HAVE to go anywhere, right?

44. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Just tested him a 440pm that took a little trying and its at 92

45. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

recap -
    +7.3 65
    +7.6 89
    +10 78
    +10.5 92

46. max&emmasmommie

Great!!! Ok, please test him again 30 minutes after that test you just took. Thanks. Any questions right now?

47. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

No questions right now, but I really appreciate all your help you guys are Lucky and my saviors. I'll test again in 15-20 minutes.

48. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Jenny,
    Just so you understand how this "works". Whenever something like this happens, one or two people will jump in and try to help you out. Once we start, we are "here" until the crisis is over. Even if that means somebody stays up with you all night. If Dale, or me, or whoever can't stick around for some reason, we don't leave until we find somebody who can take our place. The important thing to remember is that you are NEVER alone once you post that you need help. That's the way this place works. :smile:

Carl

49. max&emmasmommie

Another recap -
    +7.3 65
    +7.6 89
    +10 78
    +10.25 (fed 1/2 can FF classics)
    +10.5 92

Ok, so, next time you see a BG that is below 60, please get ready for this sort of thing. You will want to make a Hypo kit with all the supplies including HC food in it.

When we saw that 89 at +7.6, we were not finished with the procedure, and I messed up by not telling you what to do next, I think. His BG could have tanked between +7.6 and +10 when you got the other test. I think the reason it didn't is because you fed him LC food instead of HC food. That is not a good thing -- he needed HC food at +7, but it worked out -- probably because he was late in the cycle. Just because he was late in the cycle does not mean that his BG WOULD rise. We are just lucky it did as we had no tests for 2 1/2 hours, and that's my fault.

50. max&emmasmommie

I was telling you what to do at +10 if he had a high enough BG when I should have been outlining the procedure for the next 1/2 hour for you. I'm sorry. This could have been disasterous. I've never had to help someone with this before, but the sugar gods were with us. Jeez!

51. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Jenny,
    Like I said earlier (you may have missed it in all the excitement), states differ as to whether you need a prescription for syringes. Which state are you in?

Carl

52. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Just tested him at 510pm est +11 bs 97

53. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I am in PA

54. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

You can take a break from testing until +12 :smile:

I'm thinking that Lucky's number won't be high enough for a shot at +12 though.

Carl

55. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I kinda figured there would be not shot after the last number. In a normal setting though if I get a number lower that 200 and it's test time is it recommended to not shoot? I think I read that during my browsing around. Just wanted to prepare myself for the future.

56. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

With Lantus, it isn't so much the PMPS or AMPS numbers that determine whether or not you would give a shot. It's the low point of the cycle - usually around +6, that tells you.

In the future, yes, you would shoot into a number under 200. But not until you have collected data that will allow you to do so safely. That's the primary reason we advise not shooting under 200. Without sufficient history on how a dose has been working, it isn't safe to shoot because at this point, you really don't know what to expect in the middle of the cycle.

Just very relieved that you got the test right when you did today, or you (and we) would not have had any idea that 2u would give Lucky a number that low.

Carl

57. max&emmasmommie

That's right. If your cat does not have enough time on insulin for you to have the "data" to shoot insulin when the cat's number is below 200, you do not give the shot. You don't have the data to know what your cat's BG is going to do with the insulin for the next 6 to 8 hours. So, it is not safe to shoot when he's below 200.

It would be nearly impossible for him to have a BG of 200 at +12 after that +11 (unless, he bounced -- a concept that you'll hear about quite a bit if you hang around here.) For now don't worry about shooting, but do take a plus +12/PMPS reading and let us know what it is, please.

If it's over 200, please ask for advice. It's nighttime, and after what you've been through, you may want to skip tonight all together. You do not, whatever you do, want to shoot 2 units tonight!! No way. What dose your cat needs now must be reevaluated by someone else on this board, and you need advice I can't give you on that.

I think that what is happening is what happened to my cat. The antibiotic is clearing the infection in the teeth, and the BG is dropping because of that. Your dose is too high because the infection is not elevating the BG as it was before.

You said it Carl! If she had not tested today and gave her cat 2u this evening it could have been a tragedy or at least a nightmare in the ER, probably. We'll never know, but thank goodness for that.

58. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Hey Dale, when you have a minute between tests of your own, check your PMs!

Carl

59. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I believe you can now get syringes without a RX here in PA

60. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Tested at 614pm est +12 bs 115

61. max&emmasmommie

Excellent! That's wonderful. You are in the clear, but please just skip the shot tonight, and try to get some syringes. It appears you can get them without a prescription? It's 6:30 where you are, and the Wal Mart pharmacy might close soon.

You should also get Ketosticks -- to check for ketones in the urine. I have to get back to my baby. Maybe it's not an issue because the cat's BG is low and it hasn't been on insulin very long? What if it bounces? I don't know the answers. Help! LOL Carl?

62. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Good, coming up, but not quickly. Definite "no shot" number.

About syringes.... can you call walmart and see if the pharmacy is open, and ask if you need a 'scrip for them? It's probably going to be tough to find syringes on a Sunday, but maybe you can find some this evening? Because tomorrow, assuming you see a number at AMPS high enough to shoot insulin at, you'll need to go to a lower dose than 2u. I think the pens only let you adjust in 1u increments? So syringes would be much better if you can find any.

Checking for ketones is always a great idea, so the stix would be a valuable thing to have around. Any pharmacy sells them, usually with all the other human diabetes products. Ketones don't need high numbers to appear, but are more likely when the BG is high for long periods. They can happen if there is an infection present, high BGs due to insufficient insulin, and lack of enough food. All three of those sort of feed off each other. Kitty has an infection, doesn't feel like eating, and the BG climbs due to the infection for instance. But all 3 things don't have to occur at the same time either.

Carl

63. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If your PM pre-shot (PMPS) is a 115, you don't have enough data yet to give a shot. Skipping is the safest option.

Carl's correct. The Lantus pens dispense only in full units. You need a syringe -- preferably one that's marked in half unit increments. You'll need U100 syringes. I use a 31 gauge, U100 syringe.

I would also suggest you set up a spreadsheet so you can keep track of Lucky's test data. This is the spreadsheet we all use and link in our signatures.

64. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I just got back from Walmart and picked up the u-100 syringes. I will not be shooting insulin tonight, but do you have suggestions for tomorrow am. Like what I should give at what numbers? Any advice would be helpful.

65. max&emmasmommie

I'm sorry if you have answered these questions before but:

Your shot time is 6:15 a.m. Eastern Time, correct?
    Your dose was 2.0 units per the vet, and that is what you gave this morning, right?
    You are feeding Fancy Feast classics -- no dry food, no other food, right?
    He's getting antibiotics -- until when?
    When did you start antibiotics?
    What kind of antibiotics, and what is the dose?
    Did he have a dental recently? If so, was it a cleaning only?
    He might need tooth extractions, right? But he has not had them yet, right?
    Is he taking any other medications? Anything for constipation?
    Does he have pancreatitis, if you know?

66. max&emmasmommie

Please test him now so we know how he's doing. What is the number and what is the "time" (example: +15.5 (12 hours since you gave insulin at 6:15 a.m. plus 3 hours and a 1/2 since then)

When did you start giving insulin?
    Did you give it every time (morning and night) since then?
    Did the dose change at any time?
    What was it originally?

Ok, that should do it. If you can put all the answers to these 15 questions in one post, that would be great. Then, when people see it they may ask questions, but they will have an overview. Ok?

67. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Yes shot time is 615am est
    dose was 2.0 units as per
    he is eating fancy feast classics nothing else
    he is getting antibiotics - clindamycin hcl - 3ml every 24 hours given at 6:00am to be given for 8 days
    antibiotics were started on friday 8/3 at 6am
    he had a dental on thursday 8/2 - it involved a cleaning and extraction of 1
    he is taking pain medication for the tooth - buprenex ampule - .5ml every 12 hours given at 5:45 am / pm
    he had low potassium on both earlier blood tests on 7/23 and 7/29 he was given 5ml of potassium supplement on 7/30 and 2.5 ml on 8/1 than when tested prior to dental he had a low normal potassium so it was discontinued
    er checked for pancreatitis on 7/29 and it was negative

68. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

He started receiving insulin on 7/25 6:15pm and received 2 units every day until 7/29 am shot, on 7/28 pm he ate than I injected him than he vomited, I waited 30 minutes than fed him again everything seemed ok than fed him 7/29 am and vomited again, did not give shot call er and took him in blood sugar was 517 so er vet told me to give shot 2 units that evening. Next day per vet started 1 unit 2x per day until dental work on 8/2, vet blood work that am before dental was 577 so she resumed 2 units 2x per day.

69. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

OK, it looks like Lucky has always been on 2u, right? And he was diagnosed almost 2 weeks ago?
    He wasn't eating well, they found a bad tooth and pulled it, and started ABs and Bupe for pain.
    And they got his potassium up at least into the low end of normal.
    That all sounds great, except for the insulin dose. "Back then" that dose was okay because of the infection. Now it's apparently too high.
    And he was negative for ketones when the vet tested him.
    (I just speed read your previous posts)

I think the vet may have over-estimated the dose because that 577 was high due to tooth issues, infection and vet stress, and because he'd been experiencing all of that on a dose that they had dropped down to 1u.

Carl

70. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Yes Carl thats all right they dropped him to 1u because he wasn't eating properly. He just ate another 1/3 can of fancy feast and I got a bs 162 at 745pm est +1330

71. max&emmasmommie

Hi. You wrote "I got a bs 162 at 745pm est +1330." That's good. I know that's higher than "normal," or according to some studies, close to the top end of normal. However, right now being high is better than low. Being high (over 200) is damaging, but being too low will kill the cat suddenly.

I have found it easier to think of the clock as having 4 quadrants. There is (EDITED here:) +0 (6:15), +0.25 (6:30), +0.5 (6:45) and +0.75 (7:00). I also get completely confused if I give shots at X:15 or X:45. Sometimes we have to, but I can't do it well, and I either mess up my spreadsheet or I spend an inordinate amount of time double checking it and finding mistakes anyway.

I think you might find it easier to say +13.5 instead of 1330 (if your normal shot time is 6:15 and you skipped the dose this PM?) Some people might think you meant +13.3 which would be 7:20; unless I misunderstand and you meant 7:20.

72. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Recap:
    +7.3 65
    +7.6 89
    +10 78
    +10.5 92
    +11 97
    +12 115
    +13.5 162 (fed 1/3 can of FF classics)

I think the only thing I missed is if you fed anything at +12.

That's still a very nice number at this point, Jenny. It will rise due to skipping the shot, and that's okay (and expected). It may also rise a great deal because Lucky's numbers went so low earlier today. That happens often - when they go much lower than their bodies are used to, their liver will dump "sugar" into their system (we call it liver panic). It's a self-preservation mechanism to protect the body from a rapid or drastic drop in blood glucose. So if you see his numbers climb rapidly, don't worry too much about it. Again, it is "expected" to happen, especially the first time he experiences low numbers.

Carl

73. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Carl

He ate the 1/3 can at 13.25 that would be the only change I can see. No food at +12.

74. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

Recap:
    +7.3 65
    +7.6 89
    +10 78
    +10.5 92
    +11 97
    +12 115
    +13.25 (fed 1/3 can of FF classics)
    +13.5 162

75. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Aren't Carl and Dale wonderful???!!!!

Just one thing to add to Carl's info:
    We also call it a 'bounce' just to help you learn terminology...sometimes we talk funny...

HUGS!!! You're doing GREAT!!!!!

76. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Yes they are great!! I've really appreciate everyone's help throught today. cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

77. max&emmasmommie

Awww, look at you! All ready getting out the Bean petting his Kitty icon! I love that one!

78. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Woke up when I heard my buddy meowing for me and figured I'd give him a poke. So at +18.5 bs 348. He has eaten 3/4 can fancy feast classics between +15.25-+18.5.

79. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Lucky's amps 366, he ate 3/4 can of fancy feast between +18.75 and +23.75. Gave him .5U on lantus.

80. Re: Lucky's 1st blood glucose test am +7 is 47 on relion mic

That sounds good, Jenny. If you can get a test by +3, you might have an idea what today has in store. I'm at work but will check in as I can.
    Carl

81. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

+2 bs 397

82. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

+4.25 bs 307 ate 1/4 can of fancy feast between +2 and +4.25

83. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

I've been filling out the spreadsheet and it's attached with all the current data from yesterday and today.

84. max&emmasmommie

Good morning. Looking good.

I'd suggest that you come on over to Lantus Land - either Tight Regulation or Relaxed or both. In Tight Regulation there are rules about how each post headline is structured, but in Relaxed there aren't. Most people in Relaxed go ahead and use the TR rules as it is easier for everyone. If you would like, you can post using these rules (even on Health) but you don't have to, of course.

We start each day with a new thread, and the headline looks like this "8/4 Max AMPS 150 +2 100 +3.75 88" etc. AMPS mean am pre-shot test number. I don't know of any rules about the body of the post. So, you would use "8/4 Lucky AMPS 336 +2 397 +4.25 307."

Have a great day!!

85. Squeaky and KT (GA)

There's no 'rules' about the body other than including a link to the previous 'condo' (thread) and putting the numbers and any info about your sugarcat first. I have several animals that contribute to the daily life here - those things affect KT also so sometimes I include info about others.

BIG HUG!!! You got this thing goin' on!!!

86. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

Thanks for the encouragement! Just tested +6 bs 337. I'll post on the lantus board hoping someone can help me determine next dose.

87. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

PMPS 412

88. jkluckycharms

jkluckycharms Member

+2 bs 415

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.