GA Lucy is gone

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

It has been a while since I last checked in here, though I practically lived on this board for a number of years. You may not know me, but you have probably run across my words in stickies or by people relating my experiences with my bouncy drama queen kitty.

Lucy was diagnosed in 2007, at the age of 5. She was DKA and nearly died. The ER vet actually told me I was wasting his time and my money by trying to save her. I told him that was his problem, it was my money and I could decide how to spend it, and my money was paying for his time so he’d better do his job. Lucy was definitely not ready to go. She recovered, started insulin, and we went up and down and around and around (and up and down and up and down), until she finally bounced her way off insulin in 2009. That’s right, 10 years OTJ!

Sadly, a year ago Lucy was diagnosed with a mammary tumor. Today, cancer took Lucy from me. However, in the 12 years since we joined FDMB, Lucy connected me with so many wonderful people. She is responsible for me knowing probably 1/3 of my Facebook friends. She inspired me to adopt two other diabetic meezers, and my mom adopted one too! I am eternally grateful, especially to @Jill & Alex (GA) for helping me save Lucy. I have tried to pay it forward and help as many others as I could. I’m happy to stop back in today and see others who were around back then still here helping others.

I hope I will be able to start spending more time here soon. Life has gone every which way for a few years now, but when the dust settles I would like to come back. In the meantime, please keep doing what you are doing. Feline diabetes is not easy, but it is worth it! I hope Lucy will always be used as an example of what is possible.

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby I sorry to hear about Lucy.

Fly free sweet Lucy. Keep watch over everyone who loves you.

cat_wings>o

3. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the sad news.

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry to hear about sweet Lucy. Your story truly is inspirational...kitties have such deep impacts on our lives, and no doubt Lucy will continue to work that feline magic from the bridge...

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  5. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Libby, I'm so sorry. I remember you both well. Lucy's story is an example of the remarkable healing capabilities of cats and the power of a committed owner. We've seen quite a few DKAs lately and your story provides so much needed hope. I do hope you'll be staying around.

My thoughts are with you.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am so sorry ((((Libby)))))
    Lucy is a Lantus Land Legend.
    Fly Free Beautiful Lucy. :rb_icon: You will never be forgotten and always loved.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Libby))))

I'm so very sorry. The photos of Lucy leaving one of your shoes (among other things) in her bowl always makes me smile. I hope your memories bring you smiles, as well.

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby I am so sorry it was Lucy’s time to go to the rainbow bridge. We never have enough time with our kitties.
    Fly free beautiful girl:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry for you! This is always so so sad !! :bighug:
    For little Lucy cat_wings>o

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

oh (((((Libby))) I’m so very sorry it was Lucy’s time to cross. I’ve have wondered in the last few years how you were doing. If it weren’t for you and @Jill & Alex (GA) Bubba would probably not be here right now.

Sending you and yours many vines of comfort right now. Your care and devotion to Lucy was incredible!

Fly high, Lucy, Land Softly. cat_wings>o

11. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Indeed many things I have read here, and learned here are from people like you, and many others. Lucy's spirit lives on, I hope good memories of Lucy keep you company, and I will light a candle in her memory. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

12. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Lucy was very lucky to have a human who knew what she was capable of, and who was willing to fight for her so that she could go on to live a very long and happy life :)

I'm sorry that your time together has come to an end, we'll be thinking of you :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this .. I hope that you are filled with nothing but sweet memories of your lil one ..

14. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, thinking of you with love, Nikki

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss xoxo
    Fly free sweet Lucy say hello to do Woo and all the other sweet cats waiting at the bridge :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. :bighug:

17. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I’m so very sorry:bighug:
    Fly Free Sweet Lucy:rb_icon:

18. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. What an inspiration both you & Lucy are with your story. cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

19. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I LOVE LUCY.JPG

((((((( Libby and Lucy )))))))

My mind has been reeling since I heard from you earlier today. The tears finally stopped... only to flow again when I saw your post. Lucy was a very special kitty with THE best caregiver in the world. Her journey sure wasn't easy on you. She put you through the wringer, but in spite of holding down a full time job, you rose to the occasion, and then some. Lucy was lucky... very, very lucky to have you in her corner.

I'll always remember her... the diving diva... bouncing to the moon... and all those late nights! The oh so original art work she created in her bowls! And when she was ready to go OTJ... I remember how scared you were to withhold insulin. I really thought we might have to schedule an intervention to take away your syringes and hide her insulin!

Lucy and you, Libby, are truly LBL Land legends! Her spreadsheet illustrates a testament to you, faith in the TR protocol, and serves as inspiration to others who may be feeling a bit down or blue.

Lucy was so loved... and she knew it.

I feel for you my friend... my heart is breaking.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

cat_wings>o Fly free little Lucy... land softly... Jazzy and Kris Kringle will be waiting for you.

20. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Libby}}}

You were one of the people that patiently helped me when I first joined the Board, ignorant about FD (and a lot of other things), and scared. I'll never forget your kindnesses and the help that you, and a few others, gave me, which helped me save my Cinco's life. The things I learned here helped my other kitties immensely, too, including Harvey, who became diabetic a few years later. Those kitties are all at the Bridge now, no doubt welcoming Lucy with open paws. I have two young ones, though, and they, too benefit from what I learned here. Lucy is often referred to by veterans here as an example of a bouncing cat that went OTJ. I hope you know the impact you and Lucy have had. We can never thank you enough. It would be wonderful for all the members here if you were to come back again, and I hope you do so.

I am so very sorry that Lucy has crossed the Bridge. I know how hard this is, and how much you will miss her. Remember, she will never really leave you, as she will always be in your heart.
    Fly free sweet Lucy, and land softly. :rb_icon:

21. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. May peace with you.

22. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

1446A38B-C253-4A7E-9B8A-31486BD651A3.jpeg

(((Libby)))
    I’m so sorry for your loss.,,
    cat_wings>oFly free sweet Lucy. cat_wings>o

Pretty pretty Lucy... BK had a giant crush on her..
    I’m certain the confetti was flying as he met her at the bridge (and that he is already putting the moves on her ...)

Dyana and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  23. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free Lucy. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Lobby I am so sorry to hear about Lucy. I loved her stories of piling objects on her food bowl. You helped me so much with Putty who like Lucy was diagnosed in 2008 at 5 years old.
    Lucy is a Lantus Land legend. She is healthy and happily playing with all her friends.
    A big hug to you Libby.
    Fly free sweet Lucy.

25. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m sorry this must be a very tough time right now It sounds like she was greatly loved and had a wonderful life
    All my sympathies

26. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Hi Libby. I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy. I didn't know her but I can see the impact she had here and how loved she was and how incredibly strong and amazing you were as her friend and caregiver. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Libby))) Lucy had 12 additional years because you didn’t listen to an ER vet and went with your instinct and love for her. What a testament to a wonderful caregiver. :bighug::bighug: Good bye Lucy, your legend lives on. You are always my example of a kitty that might have to go up and down and up and down in dose.

Tucker and Anne & Zener GA like this.
  28. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry it was Lucy’s time. No matter how long they are with us it is never long enough. Fly freely and land softly sweet Lucy. Send your beloved bean a sign when you are able. Zener has organized the black cat line up to welcome you to the bridge.

Anne & Liz

Attached Files:

29. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Libby)))

My very deepest condolences.....I am so sorry for your heartbreak. You and Lucy taught many valuable lessons to so many of us and her legacy will live on and on. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Gentle journey, Lucy. :rb_icon::rb_icon:

30. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Dear (((Libby))), I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your beautiful Lucy. My heart truly goes out to you.
    Even when we know it is 'their time', and even when they have had a long and wonderful life with us, we still miss them terribly.

And yet, even in our pain, we can feel gratitude for having shared our lives with them; and even gratitude for our grief, for revealing to us the true depth of our love.

Eliz xxx

[​IMG]

31. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss of your beloved Lucy. You helped me with Maggie when we first came on LLMB. My heart and prayers go out to you. :bighug::bighug:

32. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Libby, I am so sorry to hear about Lucy, fly free sweet girlcat_wings>o

33. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry that it was Lucy's time to leave you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

34. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Oh Libby I'm so sorry that is was Lucy's time to leave your side. (((((((huge cyber hugs)))))) We lost Lord Maxwell to cancer this past December after 8 years OTJ.

35. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Thank you, everyone. FDMB has been a big part of Lucy’s and my family and I appreciate the love. Lucy will leave a gigantic hole, but she also leaves a legacy here and that is something that will continue on.

36. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Lucy, I'm so sorry that it was Lucy's time. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

37. Dale 'n' Chip

Dale 'n' Chip Well-Known Member

Fly free dearest sweet Lucy :rb_icon:

Fly back to FDMB Libby :bighug::bighug:

38. LindaMS

LindaMS Well-Known Member

dearest Libby, I had to log in here and say how very sorry I was to hear of Lucy's passing. You were such a big help to me with my Sammy , and i trust that she and Lucy will find each other over there. Hugs and more hugs to you.

39. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss:rb_icon::bighug:

40. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss Libby. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

41. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

So sorry:bighug: Fly Free Beautiful Girlcat_wings>o:rb_icon:

42. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Heartfelt condolences for you & your Lucy!:):bighug:

43. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

(((Libby)))

44. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Fly high and land softly sweet kitteh, you were loved by the best. RIP Lucy.:rb_icon:

Tucker likes this.
  45. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((Libby)))))
    I am so sorry that Lucy lost her fight to cancer, 10yrs OTJ is an amazing achievement and testament to your hard work and dedication. We came to the board in 2016, and though I didn't follow Lucy's journey to OTJ, my guy has definitely benefited from Lucy's legacy, as have many others. For that I want to thank you both.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

[​IMG]
    Fly Free and land softly sweet Lucy

46. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hiya Libby. While we never got the chance to meet, I wanted to add my condolences to everyone else's here. Your tribute made me cry, and I am so in awe of you putting the ER vet in his place and then going on to give your beautiful Lucy so many more years of health, love, and happiness. While I haven't heard her name directly, I've definitely heard of Lucy's up and down bouncing shenaniganary. And the stories with her bowls made me laugh right out loud. She sounded like an absolutely fantastic girl and you were both so lucky to have each other. I am so very sorry it was Lucy's time to leave you. Sending you lots of hugs, and vines of comfort, love, and peace. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

47. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

48. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Oh, ((((Libby))))! I am so, so sorry that it was Lucy's time to go ahead... she was one of the special ones.
    Safe journey and soft landing, little one. Send rainbows to your mama so she will know you are free and young again.
    grieftears.jpg

49. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

My heart goes out to you. This is very sad to read. But you gave her a good life it sounds like....take care and remember her always.

50. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that you had to say goodbye to Lucy...I too lost a lovely siamese to mammary cancer. She was with us for 14 years - a true diva for the entire time. Sending hugs and prayers your way.:bighug:

51. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss Libby.

Fly free sweet Lucy :rb_icon: 79.jpg :rb_icon:

52. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss of pretty Lucy. :bighug:

53. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Ghost hug.jpg

Lucy clearly landed on her feet with you as her person.
    So sorry she has gone from you now . She will always be a part of you.