Lucy ONE YEAR OTJ!!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Technically her one year OTJ Day is Monday, but Lucy wanted to post on Caturday when her old timer friends will be here. AMBG 62, one of her best ever!

We did it!!! My little drama queen has been surfing for an entire year now, who woulda thought that could ever happen? It was so nice this year to take my girl who used to be so sick to the vet and be told “well, I guess we don’t need to see her until next year!”

Lucy is a riot, she constantly forgets that she has gained weight and doesn’t know that she shouldn’t be jumping anymore. I find her on top of the piano all the time, and she’ll jump from the cat condo to the piano (a good 3-4 feet) to get there. Scares me, but she always makes it. She is trying to turn into a cuddle bunny but she hasn’t completely made up her mind about that yet. She is thoroughly enjoying watching figure skating on TV this week. :mrgreen: My formerly non-vocal meezer likes to sit in the bedroom and sing (loudly) to herself. She still bounces to the bathroom every time I head that direction, hoping for a test (er, I mean a treat). She still gets a treat in the bathroom first thing every morning, and she circles and yowls at me until I give it to her. She has taught her brother Sammy to do that too, but Sammy isn’t Siamese so his attempts at a yowl are more like a squeaky chattery chirp. LOL! Lucy has been talking to Lynn’s Bear, because somewhere along the line she realized that it’s fun to hide under the bed and scare me when I walk by. Sometimes she gets too excited and can’t wait for me to walk by, and she’ll jump out at me several times while I’m still trying to wake up and get my feet under me in the morning. She even plays chase with her brothers now, even when they chase up the stairs! Goofball. :lol:

The food dish art has slacked off, only because now that I’m not testing a cat all night my housekeeping skills have improved slightly. It’s tough to be an artist when you don’t have enough inspiring supplies to work with.

Lucy’s inspirational video unfortunately disappeared when Photobucket stopped supporting remixes, so for now this slide show will have to suffice. No matter how sick your cat is at diagnosis, or how many insulins you have tried, or what dose your cat needs, or how long you're here, there is always hope!

Click this picture to see Lucy's story:
    [​IMG]

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lucy's story always brings tears to my eyes and makes me smile to know how goofy and happy and healthy she is now. I didn't know about how "artistic" she is. I'm particularly fond of the shoe in dish composition.

Congrats Libby -- and Lucy.

[​IMG]

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!! Here's to many more years drinking24

Lucy sounds like she's found her second youth! My guys do all those things too, but they are still youth (4 and 5). Maybe Lucy is giving up food art and will start playing piano :D and singing (yeow, yeow!)

4. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Lucy is such a beautiful girl and what an inspirational story. She found her way to you, determined to be a part of your life, and it sounds like she is such a joy. :smile:

Happy One Year Anniversary, Lucy!!!​

5. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

what a wonderful party Libby! I loooooooooooved the slide show, brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears though! Congratulations and Happy Annifursary to you both!

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your one year celebration!!!!! Lucy's story is so inspirational. Now about her food art...this is the second time I've seen those photos and I laughed just as hard. The shoe one...Lucy's got some serious muscle!

Thanks for all you do Libby!

7. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations Lucy and Libby!

One year OTJ really is remarkable...and what a nice AMBG :mrgreen:

I never get tired of reading Lucy's story ... it really does give me hope as I'm sure it does others. I'm so sorry about the video but the slideshow is great!!!
    Thanks once again for taking the time to tell Lucy's story and to give us such a wonderful update on how she is doing. You do so much for everyone else, your happiness today is much deserved.

Hugs to you and scritches to the goofball ♥

Caryl, Alex & Jackson

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat

Dear Libby and precious Lucy,

you had to make me cry again didn't ya? Luv the slideshow, the shoe in the food dish is puuurrfect, :lol:

A wonderful inspiring comeback for Lucy, and an amazing mom she has.
    Not to mention the momma bean you are too many here in LL, thank you Libby for being here, and sharing Lucy's wonderful story with us!

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIFURSARY LUCY AND LIBBY!!!

9. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 1 year...Lucy looks amazing as always.....such an inspiration.

We is verra happy for you.

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Sherry & Zoe

10. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

The slideshow was incredible! Being OTJ for 1 whole year is incredible!!! Congratulations! party_cat

I enjoyed hearing your story, Lucy. Seeing you so healthy today is so special and inspiring! I'm so happy you have an awesome bean who did the right thing and cared for you so much!

I hear from Libby often, it's nice to get to know the "former" sugarkitty she cares for :mrgreen:

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Happy Annivursary Lucy !!!!!
    [​IMG]
    I love Lucy's story. I never get tired of it. It is so inspirational. I saved her spreadsheet long ago to My Favorites..

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Libby, Thanks For All You Do Here !!!!!!

12. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Happy Anniversary Libby & Lucy!!

What a great day & update on Lucy! Glad to hear she's feeling fine & using her poke-free time to work on her new hobbies as a singer and comedian. Being a video star just wasn't enough! :lol:

Your story is so inspirational & encouraging. Such a testamonial to what courage & determination can do!!!
    And, Lucy, we do thank you for so unselfishly sharing your mommabean with all the other kitties here! She's working hard to bring you some new neighbors at the falls. Bee hopes she can join you one day soon.

Wishing you many more happy, healthy anniversaries!!

13. Ruth & Beethoven (GA)

Ruth & Beethoven (GA) Member

Happy OTJ anniversary! I loved the food dish art. You went OTJ before we came to Lantus Land, so much of this was new to me. What an inspiration you are. And thank you, Libby, for all your help for other kitties here in LL.

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

what a fantastic day for you and Lucy.

It really gives me hope that even Shadoe can overcome!

I hope you have a whole weekend of fun celebrations.

15. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Oh Libby those pictures brought tears to my eyes. (DH is teasing me about it) What a little miracle girl Lucy is. She is gorgeous too. Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary OTJ!!!!! I soooo want to get some of the newbies over in Health to check out Lucy's story and pics to see how wonderful LL is and how great Lantus is for our babies.

Libby - thank you for all that your continue to do for all of us here is LL. You are one of many of Webber's Angels ((((((Libby)))))) o:) :YMHUG:

16. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Dearest Libby & Lucy--Every time I see Lucy's pictures, I cry and celebrate your 1 year anniversary for many reasons--
    For how far she has come from those early days when you first came here, overcoming so much illness.
    For all the 17 months, that you worked so hard to keep her regulated & what a surprise when she went OTJ.. :eek: :eek:
    It is so hard to understand that when you finally think you cat will maybe never be OTJ, and then something like this happens,
    It gives us Oldies such Inspiration & Hope!!! :thumbup o:) :thumbup
    For all the Help you give to everyone who is priviledged to know you here
    FOR THIS WE CELEBRATE!!
    HAPPY HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY LIBBY & LUCY AND MANY MANY MORE
    WE ALL LOVE YOU BOTH!!

party_cat drinking24 party_cat

17. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Libby,

That was such a wonderful story.

HAPPPPPPPPPPY One Year OTJ!!!!!!!

AND thank you so much for all the help you have given and continue to give us!

18. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

That slide show has me crying. The slide that said "Treat your diabetic cat" went straight to my heart.
    Precious, precious, goofball, diva LUCY :D -- CONGRATULATIONS on your one year anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Not long ago, I was looking for that shoe piece you did -- now I can nab it for my folder titled "Lucy's Art". )

Libby, what you do here in LL is what you did for your Lucy -- you never gave up, now you have a huge family of cats that you never give up on helping. Do you guys know how much work that is? It takes a very special person to do what you do and did for Lucy. Heaven knows that girl was not easy!

Hope you guys have a heart filled day! WE LOVE YOU LIBBY AND LUCY!

D

[​IMG]

19. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy 1 year OTJ!!!

Lucy is such an inspiration to us all! It's so good to see such a happy, loving, healthy girlie! And Libby - thank you for all you do here on LL! You are truly an angel!

Now let's get this party started!​

20. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What a HAPPY DAY this is indeed! drinking24 Here's to YOU Libby!

Lucy's slideshow was beautiful. I loved seeing all those pictures of your beautiful girl!
    You two have been through so much and your story inspires us all and give us all HOPE!
    Lucy is quite an artist... :lol: What a character she is! :lol: The pictures of her "work" are a scream!!!

She is lucky to have you....and you sound like her biggest fan too! :razz:

You are wonderful to us all here Libby...your kindness and your generosity are treasured here in LL.
    We love you so very much and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all that you have done and are doing each and every day. You are an Angel.... o:) We all sing your praises!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO LUCY AND LIBBY....CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!! :YMHUG:

21. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY LUCY & LIBBY TOO!!!!!

Thank you for sharing Libby's story with us.
    How lucky for the both of you to have found each other.
    Of course tears were in my eyes watching the video, what a beauty she is.

Libby, you are an amazing mommy bean to Libby, and Sammy, and to all of us here.
    Seeing the love, devotion and compassion for Libby and to the rest of us give our kitties hope as well.

We are so proud to know you!!!

22. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Happy Annifursary Libby and Lucy!

23. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Yeah Lucy!!! That was a great story. I always loved all the art she brought to her food dish. You go girl!!!

24. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

You and Lucy are such an inspiration! Congrats on one year and many more to come! drinking24 :RAHCAT :thumbup flip_cat cat_pet_icon

25. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Congratulations on one year OTJ!!!

What an inspiration you and Lucy are! Her story still amazes me...all that she had to overcome to get where she is today.

The slide show was wonderful..I cannot get enough of her food bowl art masterpieces. A few I had not seen before...the shoe one is priceless! She is really determined, isn't she? :mrgreen: Love them all!

Thank you for all you do for all the kitties and beans here in LL, Lucy.

Just such a wonderful update for your girl.

26. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Has it really been a year already???? Happy Annifursary pretty Lucy!

I so love that slide show. It's wonderful to show how very sick Lucy was and how very healthy and happy she is now :smile:

You did a great job Libby and thank you for sticking around and helping out!

27. stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA)

stephanie & Ti-Mi (GA) Member

Congratulations on one year OTJ !!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

28. Kim&Luck

Kim&Luck Member

Congrats to you two!!!!! I second what D said, you have contributed so much to LL. What a special woman you are! Sending plenty of chin scritches to Miss Lucy! :)
    Kim & Luck

29. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Libby and Dear Lucy. Wow! What a fabulous story!! And the slide show!!!!! HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! You are an inspiration. Let's have a good hop up onto that piano and celebrate with some music!

Ella & Stu

30. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

lucy's story is amazing! Her video always brings tears to my eyes .. tears of sadness she was so sick, and tears of joy she made it through. I hope lucy only continues to improve ... she is truly an amazing cat, and you are truly an amazing bean libby. May you both enjoy the falls forever!

31. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Congratulations Lucy, and thank you Libby for being here to help guide others to The Falls. Donovan is so grateful that people like you are watching over him.

32. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Happy 1 year annifursary, Libby and Lucy!

party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat

She is such a beautiful diva - and quite the artist! What a precious girl! I loved the slideshow - Lucy's story is inspirational to all of us!

And thank you for all the support you give everyone here in LL - Porky and I will never forget all the help you have given us in our journey to the Falls. :YMHUG:

33. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Congratulations on reaching this milestone! Lucy's story is very inspiring, and she is definitely a beautiful girl. I love her eyes.

In Lucy's honor, Quincy jumped on the kitchen counter today and helped himself to his food.

Best wishes for another year free of insulin and full of good health!

34. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

You guys are an absoulte inspiration - congrats on ONE YEAR OTJ!!! I'm unbelievably thrilled for you! No one deserves it more :) We think about you much much much, and send you tons of congraulatory vines! Keep being amazing!
    Jane and Jack

35. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 1 year insulin free!

I love the food dish art too!

36. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

That is a great story, and I LOVE the slideshow. It brought tears to me eyes to see how happy and playful she is now. I am so thrilled for you guys! :)

I wish that the AVMA would turn your slideshow into an informational FD campaign. I think it would give a LOT of people hope, especially if it included a link to the FDMB so they can see how many other kitties have inspirational stories too.

Congrats on ONE YEAR OTJ!!!

37. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Libby and Lucy)))

party_cat party_cat party_cat

Congratulations!! Thank you for being such an inspiration & world of wisdom for FDMB & me as a newbie :YMHUG:

I am sooooo happy for you both & wish you continued Blessings in Abundance!

38. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

WOO HOO! Congratulations to you and Lucy on your one year OTJ annifurrsary. What an accomplishment! I hope you got to sleep in and that lucy got extra special treats today!

39. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

What a wonderful occasion! The only thing missing from your picture show is where Lucy says, "Wow, I am one lucky girl, and pretty smart to have chosen Libby for a mama bean . Her dedication made me the gorgeous specimen of Felinicity that I am today."

Congratulations, Libby. Thank you for sharing the inspiration, and for being here to help all of us every day. :YMHUG:

p.s. Is it just the lighting, or did Lucy's fur get darker as she got better?

40. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

You and Lucy are both amazing.
    I remember so well watching your video - awe inspiring.
    Missed seeing you here for a while!

41. Laura and Oreo

Laura and Oreo Member

Give the Lovely Lucy some hugs from me! I loved the slideshow! I had forgotten about the food dish decorating. Made me cry. Such a goof! dancing_cat

Happy Annifursary Libby and Lucy! :RAHCAT

42. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby,

Happy One Year to Lucy!!! :RAHCAT She is doing so good and you must be very proud of her. It must have been a good feeling having the vet say that they did'nt need to see her for a year. There are a lot of people that would have given up on a cat so sick, but you stuck by Lucy and look at her now! I'm so happy for the two of you. Also thanks for looking in on me and sara and keeping us on track. Your advice and good thoughts mean a lot to us.

jan and sara

43. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Congratulations on reaching this milestone. I'm sorry you lost the video, but the slideshow is great.

Thanks for all you do for LL-ers, Libby.

44. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

So happy for you and Lucy. What an accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

45. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Libby. Congrats to you both! What a success story. I love it! She's a gorgeous cat and like everyone else said, I love the shoe in the food dish. What an amazing artist she is. Lucy is very lucky to have found the right mom to help her get all better. Thank you also for all the hard work you do here and for Boomer and me!

46. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Congradulations to Lucy the Princess. You are right. There is HOPE no matter what and determination to make that HOPE!! Your video gave me tears of happiness. Thank you for being there and helping me and Skippy. We truly appreciate it. party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat

47. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

no way. it has been a year??? eeek. no way!
    lol, well i better just accept that it has been a whole year since those days of the late night lucy shows (many reruns of same episodes too, you know the one where lucy takes a trip to the basement?) and say...

CONGRATULATIONS!! HAPPY HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

you should be very proud of yourself libby on so may levels, cause i sure am of you.

and thank you for all you do in LL. :YMHUG:

~jojo

48. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

wow! it's been a year! time sure flies in LL. i have to say i don't miss the late nights... i'm sure you don't either! lol!
    thanks for sharing the slideshow. it brought tears to my eyes. you two have had quite the journey together.

HAPPY ONE YEAR OTJ ANNIFURSARY
    party_cat LIBBY AND LUCY! party_cat

thank you, libby... for everything!

49. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Congrats Libby and Lucy,
    I to cry when I see Lucy's story. Its very heartwarming.
    Hope there are many more years to come!!!

"Thank You" to you Libby for all the time and help you give us, your very special!!!!!

Jan and Buddy

50. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Happy 1st annifursary OTJ! May you have man y more at the Falls! You two are an inspiration and thank you for all your help.

51. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Happy 1-Yr OTJ! :D

Glad she likes her treats! And Sammy, Meowzi says she is very flattered :lol:

52. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Congratulations Lucy (and Libby)!!!!!

53. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

One year already!!
    Congrats to you beautiful Lucy...
    and hugs to you Libby for all you do for us :D

54. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

must admit my curiosity is going full bore wondering about the backstory behind the shoe in the dish. now what was lucy thinking then? is that her least favorite catfood or was she saying stamp out low carb food now!

congratulations on the 1-year anniversary. couldn't have happened to a nicer person and cat. :)

55. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat​

Happy One Year OTJ Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!

What a happy day this is :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT​

party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat​

56. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY!

I loved this post, and the slide show. You have an awesome kitty! it is so nice to read things like this and know that with care and love and support that maybe Mannie too will someday be there. Downright great!

WAY TO GO LUCY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.