LUGA ON N

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LAMDZINE, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAMDZINE

LAMDZINE New Member

Hi

Just wanted to give an update on Lugga. He has been on the Humulin for about a week or so. Seems he peaks at about 4 hours and the goes up, swiftly. We've had some very low numbers. I had started him on the 1 unit. Didn't seem like enough. Few days later 1.5, still the numbers were a bit high. Talked to the vet and he said that he recommended the 2 in the first place so try him on the two. That wasn't a good idea because he went way down and then way up - Smooji. So now I have him on 1.5. Checked him today and at peak he was 130. I was happy with that. Will check him before his next shot and I'm sure it will be in the 400's. I have to call the vet on Wednesday to give himn the findings and take it from there. Giving him the shot T.I.D. is difficult, and I wouldn't mind if his numbers were better. His diabetic neuropothy is not any better. Been giving him the B12.

:cry:

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

It looks like you are almost getting the best you can with bod dosing of N. It would be easier for other to provide comments if you put your blood glucose readings in a spread sheet like many other have. The tech support forum has a topic on how to make a spread sheet.

3. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Question: why would you consider TID when there are many better and gentler insulins? That is a huge rollercoaster that Luga is on and it won't feel better if it is going on 3 times a day. Very few people can work TID dosing on N, and why would you want to?

Jen

4. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

If you're using syringes with 1/2 unit markings, you can also try 1.75 units.

5. LAMDZINE

LAMDZINE New Member

I've tried him on Lantus twice already within the 9 months of diagnosis, and his BG was all over the place. It would go down slowly, which is good, but it would never go down now enough so he was pretty high most of the day, and then of course it would start to rise again. If I moved it up .5, then it would go way down and then high. So my main problem with the lantus was not staying at a low BG long enough.

I'm home most of the time, I have fibromyalgia so TID isn't hard for me and I also have someone that can fill in for me when I'm not home. My hubby gives him his shot at 7, I do it at 3 and then at 11.

We tried him on PZI and that didn't work at all.

Luga is very sensitive to drugs. In fact we don't bring him for his yearly vaccinations, the vet thinks its better since he is a in-door cat.
    He had that bad reaction with the anestesia, he has trouble walking and he is blind.

I didn't realize that I could attach a spreadsheet to these posts. I'll find it and then fill it out.

Thanks All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.