Lulu was OTJ for several months...not anymore. :(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jmo625, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmo625

Jmo625 New Member

My cat Lulu has been in remission for several months. However; I’ve noticed that she has been peeing a little more and drinking more lately. I should have been testing her, but I didn’t. I just got home from a 10 day vacation and my cat sitter said she noticed the same thing. I just testers her and she was 480! Whoa! I feel terrible! Is this normal to get out of remission? And why? Nothing’s changed.

2. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

The increased drinking and peeing was my first clue that Radar was out of remission too. I'm sorry that LuLu needs juice again. When this happened to us, we spent lots of energy trying to figure out what had changed with our kitty. In the end, it was a bad tooth causing the problem. I'd suggest a vet visit asking them to specifically look at LuLu's teeth. It's a fairly common reason that cats come out of remission.

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Ditto on Jan's suggestion about first stop being a dental check-up (for gum disease/inflammation as well as bad teeth). Also check for UTIs/other possible infection or inflammation.

Mogs

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

That's a bummer. My cat was in remission for a year until this past September, so I feel your pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.