Lump on ear

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie mueller, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie mueller

Julie mueller Member

Hello! Right in the spot that I normally test Smokey theres a lump under the skin . How do I help this ?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

How large (diameter) of lump? It could be a small hematoma (accumulation of blood under the skin). To avoid those make sure you apple pressure to the prick site for 30 seconds or more.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Julie mueller

Julie mueller Member

I believe it could be that because it's right where I normally prick him

4. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

I found Ledum very helpful with hematomas – here is the link.

Crush and dissolve 2-3 pellets in 2 Tablespoons of warm water, I use distilled but as long as not tap it’s ok.
    Apply a couple of drops several times a day – I used to do after each test. Or just wet the tip of your finger and spread over the back of the ear. I keep diluted Ledum water in an old pill bottle on the night table , room temp, and it seems to be working fine for at least 2 weeks.

Check the ear against the light – hematomas appear like a dark spot/ a paddle inside the tissues; sometimes it feels to the touch like a grain underneath the skin. It’s painful but Ledum helps in a few days with multiple daily applications.
    @Julie mueller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.