? Magellan/amps141/+6 220/pmps433/+1 188/+2 154/+3 56/+4 93

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julia Rae, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Cross post
    1. Help what am I doing wrong I have curtailed his contraband and his sugars are continuing to go up! I have changed nothing about his feeding or treats what am I doing wrong!!!:arghh::banghead::blackeye:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aRtFx4nGOjMZa-DFkKyFnUEbaB3FrwQO0M-wLf_xlSM/pubhtml

Magellan'[s insulin is Lantus .5 both am and pm he is an orange tabby weight 15 lbs 11 years old his civi cat is Artemis date of diagnosis was june 10 2015 start insulin june 13 2015, meter is relion mico from walmart
      Yesterday at 10:54 PM Edit Report
      #1 Reply
    2. [​IMG]
      Chris & China
      I know it can be incredibly frustrating, but all you can really do is continue to work the protocol. I have to wonder if the drop last night (from 188-109) in just 1 hour would have been a good night to plan on getting more tests in because that's a fast drop. He may have gotten down into green last night and was just working his way back up by AMPS time and then the bounce finally kicked in

What I'd suggest is to look at your spreadsheet and find places that have too much white, and start sprinkling in some tests to "fill in" those spaces...I know at night it's a real pain, but setting an alarm to get up and get another test or two in could possible help figure out what's going on with him overnight.

Hang in there! We've all been where you're at tonight.....May I suggest an adult beverage? Or some chocolate?

Chris & China White (15yr F/S) Dx 5/10/13, Lantus, Relion Confirm, Natures Variety Frozen Raw chicken 1%/Fancy Feast 4%
      China's SS 2015, China's SS 2014
      China White's Profile--Civies..Cheaser & Cleocatra..Maine coon X's Drooler..Peaches (GA 12/4/14) Location--Mid-Missouri
      Yesterday at 11:48 PM Report
      #2 Like Reply
    3. [​IMG]
      Julia Rae
      Mmm both sound good, will do so, just hope he is willing? But then I am the human and he is the cat and I am the one in charge. I wonder if I keep telling myself that if one day it will come true? Thank you for the response and here to wishing you good luck too. Now he is doing a power dive in the last 3 hrs her has dumped 377 pts and I am now really freaking was figuring he would slow down but he has NOT!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aRtFx4nGOjMZa-DFkKyFnUEbaB3FrwQO0M-wLf_xlSM/pubhtml

Magellan'[s insulin is Lantus .5 both am and pm he is an orange tabby weight 15 lbs 11 years old his civi cat is Artemis date of diagnosis was june 10 2015 start insulin june 13 2015, meter is relion mico from walmart
      A moment ago Edit Delete Report
      #3 Reply

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.