Maggie 7/23 AMPS 172; +3 117; +6 156; PMPS 154; +3 116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75538

Sunday, 7-22
    AMPS 146
    +3 111
    +5 130
    PMS 185
    +3 102

Morning :coffee: :coffee: do I ever need a lot! So glad the Board is up and running. I heard some say yesterday they felt a little lost with not getting online with the message board. I know the feeling as I don't have that many cat person friends that fully understand what we go thru with diabetes now that Grace is gone. I'm educating my sister across the coast in PA. Now she's calling me checking up on Maggie. :D Yesterday I was not able to get an Internet connection. I was expecting a technician, but they give you a three hour window timeframe, so I was captive hee. Mags and I had a nice day together though, and I had much needed rest with her calling me btd every time I got up to do some work. Vetty appt. today for bp checkup. Something is not right with Mags being so constipated which has me worried. Neither Slippery Elm Bark or Miralax seem to be helping, so will get that discussed. Last night I was able to syringe some diluted Miralax but no poo today. And today I mixed some with bf which went over real well, as Mags loves bf. Wishing all a nice day.

2. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Re: Maggie 7/23 AMPS 172; +3 117

(((Maggie))) I hope her constipation problem gets solved really really soon, (((Ann))). I know how worrying it can be when something just isn't right with one of our darlings. Nice-looking (+3) at any rate - I hope the cycle is a good one and the vet appointment goes well.

Jane

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann! And here you go! -----> :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: That ought to help for a bit. :D I am in the same boat this morning.....

I so understand about folks,cat people, etc that understand what it is like with a diabetic kitty. I love it when I start to explain things and they (friends,etc) get that glazed over look in their eyes. Youn know you've lost them :lol: It is really cool that you have been educating your sister. How nice that she calls to check on Maggie. Very nice numbers for Maggie today! Love that +3!

Bummer on yesterday - love those time frames... I always seem to get the last appt within that time frame. :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the vetty appt today. I do so hope that they have some answers for you on Maggie. I know how it is when we worry....

4. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

Sending Maggie some good vetty vines. I hope they can do something to sort out her constipation issues. Please keep us posted:) Her numbers are looking really nice:)

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending along my good vetty vines, too!

6. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Good vetty vines coming your way! I bet you were lost without your internet and then being held hostage to the repairman. Have a wonderful day Ann!

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi, we're back from Vetty and all went well. I forgot they needed a urine specimen, too, for a urinalysis. No trouble at all getting a sample. Maggie behaved like a Princess. The Vet gave me a liquid laxative which I'm to give her every 8-12 hours until the magical poo appears. He warned she may not like the taste.

Thanks Jane, Mags did well today. I picked up a tube of flea protection, too, as I thought I saw a flea in the apartment the other day. Maggie is completely indoor though.

Hi Michelle, thanks on the :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: It sure helped. Yes, I get that glazed over look at times from neighbors here when they sometimes run into me coming ans going. I usually have my arms full, and it's usually food for Maggie, rather than me. My sister's daughter (and also my DN) has a cat, but my sister is home more, so the cat is really fond of my sister.

Thanks Tamara. I am hoping this liquid laxative agrees with her, or if not he said I can keep increasing the Miralax. Thanks on the Vetty vines.

Thanks Amy, the Vet Technicians really love Maggie as she almost plays possum with them, burying her head in the crook of their arms. :D

Thanks Melissa on the Vetty vines. Yes, really lost. I didn't realize how much we depend on the Internet. My bank statement, etc. E-maills to family, FDMB, etc.

8. Munchkin's Reagan

Munchkin's Reagan Member

Re: Maggie 7/23 AMPS 172; +3 117; +6 156

Hi Ann,
    Sorry Miss Maggie has been having constipation issues. We hope the magic poo appears quickly!

Sending long, overdue scritches and hugs to you both.

9. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Re: Maggie 7/23 AMPS 172; +3 117; +6 156

Hey, Ann -

I know what you mean about having few understanding 'cat friends.' Honestly, I get the most understanding from my diabetic friends...

Isn't it amazing (and maybe a little scary) how dependent we are on the internet?! :eek: I pay all of our bills online, keep up with my kids, family/friends who are out of town, pretty much everything! I rarely use a phone, cell or otherwise, it's email/facebook for me! Glad you got yours back!! I love those time frames they give you. Last time we had a technician come out they said they'd call to give us an idea of when he was coming. He would NOT need to get into the house. It would NOT be first thing in the morning and would probably be two days after I called. Before 8am the next morning, I got a call from the technician saying he was in our driveway needing to come in. :evil: So, here I am asleep and Jessica is about to be rushing around trying to get to school. Now she has to make sure she's presentable before she can even eat breakfast - ugh!

Sorry about the poo (or lack thereof) but glad the vet appt went well. Our kitties are strictly indoor, too, but we had a flea problem several years ago. Apparently, WE had brought them in! We treated the kitties and the house with Borax and all was well.

Have a great evening -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

Hey, Mags - You sure look pretty in blue! Sorry about your tummy problem. I don't know WHY our moms feel the need to discuss those kinds of things!! :oops: I hope you feel better soon. Your friend, Hershey

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: Maggie 7/23 AMPS 172; +3 117; +6 156; PMPS 154

PMPS 154
    Maggie is wanting to stick to one number again, nice and flat, so maybe some activity tomorrow, like greens! I keep moving her up shot again, when I had just moved her down so I could get more sleep.

Hi Munchkin's Mom, thank you for the hugs and scritches. I have high hopes for the magic poo to appear soon. :D Poor Maggie the way I talk about her privates.

Hi Libby, yes, it is amazing how much we depending on the Internet. I learned everything here on how to treat Maggie's diabetes. So funny with your Technician arriving at that early hour! I think so, too, we can bring the fleas inside on our clothes. I bought a tube of Vectra that you apply on the nape of the neck. I've not heard if nyone here uses flea protection. I'll have to ask some of the outdoor kitties here, I mean their Beans. :D

11. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Well she is still surfing, but green is more your color, Maggie!

What is the liquid the vet gave you? Tess is on and off w/ the poo. I think it is the raw, she's an every other day girl now. If you are feeding raw it isn't unusual to skip a day, but it sounds like quite a bit more than that for Mags. This site has more than you would ever want to know about feline constipation.

ohmygod_smile I don't believe i missed you all weekend. I know on the board being down yesterday, but it did get me out early to get a lot done in the yard. Unfortunately, one thing I got was a sunburn, not used to being out that long! Hooray for Aloe and Lavender Oil! All better today.

:oops: :oops: They is talking about that again! Hey, how is it down there, is the surfing goo in the blues? -- Tess

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Ann, she is a little high for Maggie today. The liquid is Lactulose given by prescription , and I'm to give Mags 1 - 2 ml every 8 - 12 hours. He gave me a free sample in case Mags can't handle it. I guess cats hate the taste of it. I know there's something similar in a tube bought otc, but he said that one is not for diabetic kitties. I asked the Vet if it would raise her bg and he said to call if it does spike her. I've been trying to Google it, but my computer is still having fits. It's a liquid and kept in the green plastic container. I was going to give tonight, as she had Miralax about 3 am this morning.
    Oh ouch with the sunburn! I have such a sun sensitivity now from being in the sun too much when younger and the skin cancers and all.

Yeah, Tess, major embarrassment here from my Bean talking about my private matters. :sad:

13. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

How long has it been since Maggie had a good poo/ Did the vet Xray to see if she is impacted?

Lactulose and Miralax are both osmotic stool softeners, however if the bowl is impacted they will not help. One reference on Wikipedia said they can be used in combination for greater effect
    and that since it is supposedly an indigestible sugar it is safe for diabetics. Other references are more cautious where diabetics are concerned.

This is from Feline Constipation.org
    I found this at theMar-Vista Vet website

14. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann. I have nothing infomative to say.....just 'Hi" :D
    Sweet Mags, I'm sorry we are being so intrusive about your personal potty habits.
    Love, Auntie Barb

15. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow i have learned more about kitty poop than i ever wanted to know about in Maggie's condo :lol: :lol: If you want i can send you some of Leo's poo vines, he poo'd 3 times in one night when we were in Hardin, MT and we were all crammed into one room.........let me tell ya that stink was enough to wake us all up each time he poo'd! :lol: I think Leo probably thought it was hilarious :lol:

But seriously tho, i'll send Maggie some nice poo vines, hopefully the laxative works wonders.

Thanks for being our cheerleader Ann, Leo and i appreciate it :D

16. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Maggie Magical Poo is coming!!! Lactulose works wonderfully--Copper had it when he was impacted & it did work--Think you need to weigh the pros & the cons--She may be a little high for a bit, but you can handle that right?? It did work after one or two doses... Hope she will feel better real soon!
    After she does go, I would make the miralax a steady part of her diet!

No One Understand us like us!!! My family keeps asking me to do sleepovers & I want to yell
    "My cat is 16, diabetic, & is hardly ever alone" I have no one to care for her but us!!!! -and I like sleeping in my own bed!" What's so hard to understand???? Everyone here gets it right?

Hugs & Love from us--Glad you went to vet! Hope Mags will be better tomorrow! :mrgreen:

17. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks Ann & Tess for all the helpful info. The Vet did not do any X-rays. Today was just for urinalysis and a bp check, but I told the Vet Tech about the constipation problem (which I had called the Vet earlier about the constipation, so he was aware). Before they took Maggie away for a urinalysis the Vet did a palpitation and said he didn't feel she was impacted or any tumors, although I wonder if that was a good way of telling. Maggie started having poo problems around July 7-8 when she didn't go for 4-5 days. Then she had a good poo on July 15 and 16, none the next day, then a teeny bit on the 19th. Now it's been about 4 days. I thought it may spike her but but if it helps, I can always resort back to Miralax daily, which was what the Vet mentioned. If this doesn't work or Mags can't tolerate, the Miralax can be increased, or she may need an X-ray. She's acting fine though, good appy, playful. I just started her on the raw NV Organic chicken, and I'm only adding a little to the Wellness. She loves it though and pushes the Wellness aside even though I have it mixed in or so I thought.

Thanks Auntie Barb for the sympathy on my Bean talking about my private parts, Mags

Tracy and Leo :lol: Mags will take any extras of Leo's poo vines!

Roni & Moonie, yes I think so, too, about weighing the alternatives. I can handle if she goes high for a while, as she's in the blues right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.