Maggie's home! And thank you! Pics, too.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning to all my special LLMB friends of Maggie and me. I wanted to let you know I now have my beloved Maggie home with me in a sense. I had Mags cremated and now have her ashes home with me in a beautiful urn. The Pet Memorial Park also made a sweet paw print embedded in plaster. I held this close to my heart when first seeing it.

Thanks everyone again for all the support and love you showered on me thru your messages of condolence. It really carried me thru these last 12 days which have been like an emotional roller coaster, but I am doing better. Thanks for all your help and support with her care for diabetes, Megacolon and chronic renal disease and her spinal pain. Without all the help here and knowledge I gained, I never would have had Maggie these last four years. My bond with Maggie grew so close taking care of her these last four years, and especially close this last year with so many medical issues. All the poo support was so awesome, special thanks to Inspector Poo and Chief Inspector Crapdash and all the MomBean cheerleaders. :D You've all been so amazing, and we all learned a new poo lingo here with poo vines offered up for Mags, visits from more than one Poo Fairy, when one dilly dallied too much on the job.

When I picked Maggie up at the Vet's on Wednesday, it also gave me a chance to see two of the Vet Techs who happened to be there and thank them for everything with Maggie's care and how loving they were with her. These last four years that Mags has needed so much follow up and care I've gotten to know the Vet Techs so well, and they all loved Maggie, also the four Vets. Mags was so docile and would purr and headbutt when the Technicians needed to do testing on her. I think Mags hoped she could distract them.

I now have my sweet girl home and next to her brother, Mikey, who crossed the Bridge five years ago. They both have a special place together in the bedroom. It's both some sad and at peace feelings, sad as I don't physically have her here with me, but at peace in feeling that she will always be with me spiritually. I feel blessed that she took the decision out of my hands and passed away at home where I could be with and comfort her. I'm just so sorry, Maggie, this last month was so hard and painful for you with that last enema and the spine pain.

Now Maggie is at the Rainbow Bridge and has met up with many of the GA kitties. They were waiting for her with open arms August 5th to welcome and help her cross the rest of the way. She spotted Mannie, Scrabble and Moonie who recently crossed before her. By now she's met up with many of our GA kitties, and they party every day. Now she's free of pain and no more pokes or icky meds, just parties, lots of good food and niptunis prepared by Chefs Mannie and Stu. Maggie loves showing off her many pretty green kinis. She has a new sparkly kini with cute ruffles. Her sani cut is gone and all the hair grown back on her cute Manxy tushie.

Maggie has been the light of my life for almost fifteen years. Just a little shortened history for those that don't know her background. Maggie's Mom was a feral living in a ravine below another apartment building where I last lived. Mags lived there some nine months (guesstimate from the Vet at her first exam). Mags survived with the kindness of humans living in that building and feeding her. She was eating some chicken when I spotted her there near the ravine on one of my walks. I am blessed that she found my apartment on the third floor, two buildings up from the ravine, and adopted me. I had left some food by my door for another stray kitty. I stepped out slowly and petted her back lightly, and her little tushie just rose up as she kept eating. I had never seen that before, and I guess it meant she liked the stroking. I did it a second time and same thing, up rose the tushie. Once I gained her trust after many visits for food and got her inside slowly, she saw how nice Mikey had it living inside and never ever wanted to step outside.
    Thanks again. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Here is a pic of Maggie sleeping in a new doggie bed I bought for her so that she could stretch out. She loved any bed I bought her. This pic was July 26, ten days before she crossed. The other pic is just a favorite pic.

Oops!! I'll get some help on the pics and post later. I have them sized incorrectly.

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: Maggie's home! And thank you!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and Miss Maggie, Ann. {{{{{{{{{{ANN}}}}}}}}}}:YMHUG:

3. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,
    I'm so glad to hear Maggie is home with you again and you have a special spot for her next to Mikey ♥ Thanks for sharing her story with us. I just love when our kitties pick us. I know what a hole it leaves in our hearts when we lose one of our babies and how long it takes to heal from it. I hope your heart will begin to heal soon and your pain will soon fade. Be at peace Ann ♥

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann, I'm so glad Maggie is home with you now. I hope this brings you some peace. Sending prayers and hugs to you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

5. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann's beautiful Maggie:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sweet girl...

(((Ann))), I'm so glad she's back home with you, right where she belongs. She is forever a part of you, your heart, your soul.

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: <--- from Elsa, who still wants to deliver :coffee: , daily.....

I am so glad that Maggie is now home, the circle is compete. Maggie's story is an amazing one. I have no doubt that she adopted you, knew a good thing when she saw it. I can't think of anyone who was more devoted to a kitty than you were with Maggie. What a bond. You did so well by her. The urn sounds wonderful. I know that paw print will always be so cherished. I got one too for Mannie, and it is the thing I cherish the most. I hope things are going well for you. I know hole in your heart is deep, but hope all those fond memories will soon repair it. I so understand how one can feel sorry for that last month, one always wonders if we could have done more, helped more, but I truly know and feel you did all, and the best, that you could. Maggie knew it too.

Looking forward to the pics...

Take care. Many many hugs to you.

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Ann))))) Detective Poo and Chief Inspector Crapdash are glad that we could help with your sweet Mags. We miss her too, and all the other GA kitties in LL. That is an amazing story that she found your apartment AND let you pet her that first time! Very smart kitty, that Maggie. :D :D :D
    Liz

8. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

(((Ann)))

I'm so happy that Maggie is home with you. I love the pictures that Josie posted of Mags, such a beautiful girl.

Many hugs and prayers,

Kathie

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thank you Josie :YMHUG: :YMHUG: for posting the pics of my Maggie. They showed up so much nicer here than in my E-mail. Thanks for all the hugs and support.

Angela, thanks so much for your good thoughts and prayers.

Pam and Hoot, thank you so much for your kind words. So true with them leaving a hole in our hearts. I think we have an even tighter bond here with caring for their diabetes.

Carla, thanks as it does seem to bring some peace just having her here.

Michelle, thanks so much for all your support, I am glad you also got a pawprint of Mannie's. It is amazing how she found me. I originally got her spayed and examined intending on finding a home. That idea didn't last long once she came inside and started headbutting Mikey and trying to earn brownie points. Thank you and it seems we all ask what more could we have done.

Liz, thanks on her story. It is amazing how they pick us. Both Inspector Poo and Chief Inspector Crapdash visits and vines really helped me feel not so alone with that chronic illness and all the support from the cheerleading squad, too. :D

Kathie, thanks so much for stopping by today. I know how hard it must be for you losing two. Many hugs and prayers back to you.

10. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Oh Ann, I was not on LL this last month & missed the pass over of sweet Maggie. So sorry for your loss but we always believe our beloved will stay by our side forever in an "advanced" form. This is the first time, I noticed Maggie is a bobbed tail? She's so cute!
    Take care Ann!

11. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

I love the pics of Miss Maggie. What a sweet girl and a beautiful story on how she found you....well, adopted you is more like it, right?

I've been thinking about you these last 12 days. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. And that your sweet Maggie is whole again and pain free.

Ann, you did an amazing job taking care of her. And because of you and Maggie I was more aware of poo issues and was able to intervene early to help one of mine.

Lots of hugs and luv,
    Tena, Curry(GA), Sidney and Zeke

12. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Ann

I think of you and Mags every day. I'm glad she's home with you. I love the story of her coming to visit you, then deciding to stay, after seeing Mikey's good home. :D

I love the pictures of your beautiful Miss Maggie.

:YMHUG: Barb

13. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: Ann :YMHUG:
    I'm glad she is back at home where she belongs.
    She was quite the beauty. How nice that they included the paw print. She had all your devotion and knew how much she was loved.
    Sometimes they do get to choose who to love in return.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Ann)))),
    I've been thinking of you a lot lately and am so glad to hear that Maggie is home and once again sharing space with Mikey and you. The photos are beautiful. Such a lovely girl! I know how much you miss her physical presence. You and she had such a close bond and you did everything you could to help her. She loved you so much and took that anxious decision out of your hands. I am so glad that you could spend those last few hours with her in your arms.

The Rainbow Bridge has a beautiful new resident and I can picture Maggie in her green 'kini hanging out by the pool and stepping into the Two Chefs' Café for a niptini and a bite of something delicious cooked especially for her by Chefs Mannie and Stu.

Thanks for continuing to visit LL. Rusty really appreciates his Auntie Ann's visits to his condo. He wants you to know that he will feature Maggie's Signature Cheesecake on all the Full-Moon-Party menus. It is a great favorite of the kitties here.

Sending you many hugs and much love,

Ella & Rusty

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

16. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Hi Ann. I'm so glad you have Maggie with you. She will always live on in your heart and when your having a remembrance of the great times you had together you'll be able to hold her in a sense. Your post was very touching. I wasn't aware that Maggie had such a journey to your door. It definitely proves you were both meant to be together. She was a very photogenic kittie. I especially like the picture of her in her bed with her paw across her nose.

Have a great day Ann and thank you for sharing Maggie's story.

17. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Ann))))

We're all so glad Maggie is back home with you. We know from experience how hard but what a blessing it is when they have come back to us. The circle is complete. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Josie....thank you for posting these pictures for Ann. Maggie...the beautiful, the well loved, the always remembered. We miss you, sweetie pie.

18. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

((Ann)) so happy Maggie is home with you. It touched my heart that you mentioned Scrabble in your condo. It brought tears to my eyes thinking of how happy our kitties are now free of pain. I loved the pictures, such a sweet girl! I pray for comfort and healing for your heart during this difficult time. Take care and I know we will always stay in touch and be friends. Big hugs!!!

19. Hi Ann,
    Thank you for sharing the story and the pics. I'm happy to hear that she has returned to the place she loved best in life. I'm still waiting for Mullet to come home, but his ashes were apparently shipped via "scenic route".

I am going to have a little chat with Bob after seeing Maggie's pics. Some day, hopefully no time soon, when he is ready to cross the bridge, I will tell him to look for Maggie when he arrives. They can compare "tails" to see which is the cutest. ;-)

Hugs,
    Carl

20. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Ann, I'm so glad that you have your baby girl back home with you .. Right where she belongs .. ((Hugs)) The photos are absolutely adorable .. She managed to steal so many hearts ..

21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Ann))) I'm so glad Maggie is back home where you can talk to her and touch her pawprint. I got one of those for my Buster (GA) and they really are comforting. Her pictures Josie posted are wonderful. Such a cute tushie and gorgeous stripes. Thank you for sharing the story of how you met.

22. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Thanks so much for all the visits.

Helen, thanks for your sweet message and for stopping by. We have missed you and Rosy. I believe the same.

Tena, thanks so much for all your support. I am so glad we were able to help Sid based on some of Maggie's experience with the poo. Vines and paws crossed she continues to do well and be regular.

Barb and Checkers, I will always need my Checkers fix. I always get such a laugh visiting your condo, laughing with you. I love your Checkers.

Rhiannon, thanks so much. The pawprint is so special. It's true as they do choose who to love in return, and I was so blessed.

Ella, I love the thought of picturing Maggie in her green kini hanging out by the pool and stepping into the Two Chefs' Café for a niptini and a bite of something delicious cooked especially for her by Chefs Mannie and Stu. Thanks so much for keeping her Signature Cheesecake on all the Full Moon party menus. I know she is thrilled about it.

Anne and Zener, thanks for the Welcome Home pic, so cute. Yes, she is where she belongs. Thank you for so many cute and hilarious pics with Maggie's sugar life here.

John & PurrFace, thanks for all your kind words. Maggie did have quite a journey and history the way I finally met her coming to my door. She was always so grateful to have a home, and I was grateful she picked me.

Marje, thank you so much for those sentiments of sweet Maggie. Yes, so hard but what a blessing when we have them back full circle. Thanks for all your help and support with Maggie.

Michelle & Scrabble, thanks for your friendship and support. We both came on the same time with Scrabble and Maggie, and so ironic they would both cross so close together, within six months. Yes, our friendship always. Now both Maggie and Scrabble are whole and free of pain and always with us.

Carl, thank you for visiting our condo. Gosh I hope Mullet comes home soon. That's enough already on the scenic route, time to come home, little Mullet. Is Bob also a Manx? I hope it's not soon either for Bob, but I'm sure when the time comes, Maggie would love to meet him and compare Manxy tails!

Devon, thanks for all your support and visits to Maggie's condo. Hugs and scritches to you and Mocha.

Wendy & Neko, yes, isn't the pawprint so special. Thanks on Maggie's pictures. She would just curl up in a ball in her little beds. I loved her cute tushie, too. :D So nice and many thanks to Josie's help on resizing and posting Maggie's pictures.

23. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I was hoping to visit sooner, but it has been a crazy day.

It really is a blessing to have sweet Maggie back home, where she belongs. Her story is just so beautiful...for her to venture all the way up to the third floor, she knew exactly what she was doing and where she belonged. These kitties, they just "know".

Her pictures are gorgeous...I love her snuggled up in her doggie cuddler bed. One of the most joyous sights ever is a content kitty snoozing away...you only see that sort of comfort when they know they feel secure, and you can tell Maggie knew how loved and safe she was with you, Ann.

Thank YOU for all your visits and support. You and Maggie are forever part of this family. We all hope you will pop in for a visit now and then (if not more ;-) !)...Miss Trix always loves hearing from her Auntie AnnBean, and has been spending lots of lagoon time these past few days in honor of her dearest BFF Maggie.

24. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Ann))))

I'm glad Maggie is home where she belongs. I'm still missing your little girl. I hope having her with you eases your heart.

25. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((Ann)))
    I'm glad Maggie's home with you now.
    Maggie is always with you in your heart, but it's nice to have something you can touch.
    I think about your and Maggie often.
    I love the pictures. Such a pretty girl.

26. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Amy, thanks so much for all your support and encouragement with Mags. She sure did love that doggie bed and only had it this past month she started feeling sick. Thanks as I sure will pop in often to see how all of Maggie's friends are doing, per her request I might add. She made special mention of Trix. I know she's ever so proud of her bff's pretty numbers lately. (((Hugs)))

Sienne, thanks on Maggie and missing her. I sure wish I had her here with me. I miss her like craxy in the mornings when she was so vocal. It does ease my heart having her home where she belongs. Thanks for all your help with Mags thru the years. You were so instrumental and helpful getting us started with thia crazy sugar dance in early 2010 and thru the years. I'll pop in now and then to get my Gabby and Gizmo fix. (((Hugs)))

Mariko, thanks for your good thoughts on Maggie. We will be popping in and keeping an eye on your pretty girl, too. I see Lucy has some pretty greens today. (((Hugs)))

27. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Great pics!! And love her little manxy tail. Hoot is a manx too...Love those Manxes. Thanks for sharing :D

28. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Ann, I am also so glad Maggie is back home. Just makes home more complete. I love her pictures - she has the most adorable little body to go with that face!
    Hope your heart is healing.

Jane

29. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Maggie is right where she belongs...with you. (((Ann))) Blessings to you and may you always feel Maggie's presence. What a blessing you both were for each other.
    cat_pet_icon

30. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Somehow I didn't see this until now since I was offline last weekend.

Ann - You know how much we loved Maggie and how special you both are to Tarragon and I. I am so glad Maggie is home next to Mikey and with you. She is happy and free and not in pain any longer. I know you miss her terribly. She tried to make it easy on you and took the decision out of your hands. Just like sweet Maggie to be thinking of you.

I love the pics. She is so sweet in the doggie bed and her colors were beautiful. I love the paw print idea as well. I know that meant the world to you. I'm sure the vet techs had a hard time since they were so close to Maggie.

We miss you. You are a part of the LL family and always will be. ((((Ann))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.