Making the switch

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

It has been a week now that I have been trying to switch Booger from the DM dry food completely over to FF wet food. I feel like I am just wasting the FF. I put down like 1/4 of the can bc I am not sure how much he will eat and I don't want to waste half or the whole can if he is not going to eat it. I have tried several classic flavors as well as some flaked thinking that the more it is like real meat, he will eat it. All he does it lick the water content out of it and then he is done. I try to encourage him to actually eat it but adding additional water to the wet food after he has drained it but he just doesn't seem to interested in it. He does it eat dry food by snacking on it throughout the day, but he makes a big fuss and wants in the other room where he knows the Cat Chow Naturals is down for my other cats. I keep telling him that he can not have that food. I just want him to eat the wet food. I thought about purchasing some of the Tiki Cat bc I have heard it is better quality, but I am worried I will just be wasting my time and money.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Have you tried mixing some of the dry into the wet? If you have a Petco around, go pick up 1or 2 cans of Tiki, also take along Dr Lisa’s list. They have several brands that are low carb, so does Petsmart, it they don’t have Tiki. You could also order some Young Again and use that to help transition him.

Booger's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.