Mallie: new vet, first dose of lantus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mom23seniors, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom23seniors

mom23seniors Member

We met with the new vet this afternoon. He was really nice.
    He agreed with starting Mallie at 1u of lantus twice a day (my old vet only wanted to dose once a day) and he asked me to do a 12 hour curve every week.
    I’m to email him the curve and he said he would adjust the dose if needed. And then we will repeat again, with another 7 days and a curve until we regulate, and fingers crossed we can get Mallie into remission.
    So I guess that follows more the SLGS method?

Mallie’s bg tonight was 24.6. I took it 2.5 hours after we got home from our appointment so I’m not sure if that’s extra high due to the stress of having gone to the vet. The insulin shot tonight was no problem for me. I am thankful I have almost 15 years of being in dentistry and watching my boss give (a different type of sub-cutaneous) injections daily.

I again, just wanted to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and support.
    It’s been a stressful, sleepless last two weeks.

Now I have to learn how to do the google spreadsheets on my iPad/iPhone...

Bonus pic of Mallie with some of the 316 cans of FF and Friskies (she is sharing with her two brothers) I purchased last week on the last two days of Petsmarts’ Black Friday sale! Cans were 0.55CAD plus 15% off when orders were $100 or more online. I stocked up!

Attached Files:

2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Mallie as sweet as she can be :bighug:
    Love her sweet bonus pic and that was a good Black Friday purrchase.

Glad you found the new vet better and great that he asked you to do curves and starting with 1 U of the Lantus.
    Yes, it constitutes the Start Low, Go Slow.

You and Mallie and her two co-partners brothers are well on your way now.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If it makes sense for you, you may want to introduce Maille on the the Lantus board. There's a great deal of experience with SLGS and Lantus on that portion of FDMB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.