Man...another disaster in the making

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I shot tom a hefty 1 U on a lowish 172 and 1/2 hour later he gave me the biggest throw up ever, his entire meal!
    cleaned, comforted him, started a wash. gave him a little low carb gravy from his ff chicken and beef mixed with water...10 min. another throw up.
    all riding on a 1 U now 1 hour and 10 minutes ago.
    I won't even test yet.
    but if he sinks
    what do I do if he's not holding down food?
    karo even on a relatively high low, like if he hits 50 at +3?
    can cats have honey?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, just gave tom one small dish of chicken ff with water, figure he needs the food. he licked just a little then left.
    have'nt tested him yet. running only about 1 and 1/2 hour past shot. figure at least +2 will start telling me. in truth i won't know till +3 or 4 and darn i can't stay up that late, literally i just fall asleep sitting up.
    darn it all.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

((((lori)))) gosh, when it rains it pours I guess... I don't know about honey, sorry... hoping his tum is ok soon!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks joanna, i'm the small fish in this tank tonight.
    i just gave him a little more chicken...glutton for punishment (cleaning kitty vomit)
    tested at 1 hour and 50 minutes and
    pmps 172
    +1.50 min. 124 on an empty stomach.
    not bad.
    yet.

5. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

HI lori,

is much later now. I hope Tom is hanging in there and has eaten some food by now.

6. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

((((Lori & Tom))))

Yes, Honey will work or at least according to my vet. Man I love having a vet that I can call at home for any reason.
    Good thing she is a cat person, a close friend, and knows I'm crazy :lol:
    Mel & Muse (GA)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well, i'm not one who can easily stay awake, tom's +1.8 was 124 and his 2.5 was 71 so i figured he was'nt crashing fast. i put him in my room with CB and left out food (tom's normally a hoover, no food left behind is his motto) and fell asleep. about 2 i went to the bathroom and he was asleep on the bed, half the food eatten no vomit to be seen.
    this morning amps 252 and tom went out for a property spot check
    so i guess we made it
    i had nightmares that my neighbor told me tom got torn up outside and was put to sleep while i was at work.
    too much drama here last night with the missing kitty and the hypo, stayed with my unconcious i think.

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

awwww, Lori, what a night! Glad he is fine this morning, whew! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.