Mandy and Snickers vet visit Mandy out of remisson

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Linda and Mandy, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Mandy

Linda and Mandy Member

Mandy most likely will be back on insulin in the next week. Mandy has been in 200- 300 range the last 2 weeks. So unless she has a UTI ,she is off the juice. Lab back mid-week.
    Snickers maybe moving to Lantus land soon.
    Dr. wants to up him from 7 units to 8 units NpH. i AM DOING CURVE TOMMOROW. Call reults to her Monday. Do 8 units for a week. Friday March 12 I do a curve and call her. She is if His bgs don't go down we will be changing insulin.
    Vet stated that Mandy and Snickers curved needed to be done at home because did not feel she could get a good one in office. Our vet's office is strongly encouraging at home curves per parents.
    They (my vets are getting there info from FDMB). I toldI was a member they said that was Great!!!!
    Need good thoughts and vibes That I can get my girl back off the insulin. And Get Snickers bgs from 400-500s down to regulated range.
    I feel like a newbie all over again. ohmygod_smile

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Re: Mandy and Snickers vet visit Mandy OTJ Bad Mommy

Sending vibes and purrs for both Mandy and Snickers.

3. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Aw, hang in there! Are you putting Mandy on Lantus too?

4. Linda and Mandy

Linda and Mandy Member

Re: No Mandy staying with NPh for now

Mandy will be doing NPH to Start hopefully she will need it only short term like before. If not she will join brother in lantus land.My sister the RN wants them both on just NPH. Snickers has just been upped to 9 units today. So sister may be upset but The NPH is not working for Snickers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.