Mango is at the rainbow bridge

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marianne M, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marianne M

Marianne M Member

cat_wings>o It is with great sadness that I have to let you know that :cat: Mango passed to the rainbow bridge last Friday. He had stopped eating and I was feeding him anyway I could. He was still making his way to get his testing and insulin right on time. Mango started howling at various times and I feared he was in pain. Friday he didn't come into the bedroom to make sure I was up for our 6 am routine. He was so weak and had that hollow empty look in his eyes. I just held him in my arms and told him it would be alright. He was in liver failure.

I have a memory of Mango three weeks ago running, jumping and playing with wild abandonment in a tree on our property. My heart is broken but I am at peace that My mighty hunter is once again back to his wild wonderful ways at the Rainbow bridge. I will see you again my sweet boy and you are always in my heart forever and ever.

Thank you to all of you wonderful people on this board that made this journey easier with your suggestions and kind words.

Sudio3 and KrisQ like this.
  2. Chachi's Mom

Chachi's Mom Member

Oh no! My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry for your loss(

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Marianne. :(:bighug:

4. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

we spent time on that path together, thanks for your help along the way; I can still see Mango running and jumping, and now he can do so forever

if I had to bet, I suspect it would be like Krispy, his spirit left his body first, is hovering around you, thanking you for your wonderful care
    yes he will always be in your heart .. have fun with your new friends across the bridge, Mango .. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry Marianne, my heart breaks for you.

6. (GA) Gypsy's Parent

(GA) Gypsy's Parent Member

My condolences on the loss of sweet Mango. Thank you for doing everything you could for Mango including realizing it was his time to cross the Rainbow Bridge. May he be running and jumping and climbing trees on the other side, free of all pain.

7. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that it was Mango's time.

8. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

Sending you much love, mango has left pawprints on your heart forever. Xxx

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. You're never really prepared for this, but it is so hard when it is sudden like that... Fly free sweet Mango :rb_icon:.

10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no, I had a sinking feeling in my heart when we hadn't heard from you. I am all too familiar with that hollow look... what a brave and unselfish thing for you to put Mango's comfort above your own heartbreak.

Be free, sweet ginger boy. You were very loved. cat_wings>o

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  11. chelle1978

chelle1978 New Member

My old kitty toma was a ginger kitty..same personality..total Alpha..total fighter..fought to the end. Gotta love those gingers. Till you both meet again.

12. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

So very sorry...:bighug:

13. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it was Mango’ time :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

14. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss of your beautiful friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.