Mango not eating wet food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lesliejm, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I have made a big mistake of giving mango some dr. Elsey's dry chicken kibble and that's all he wants. He is refusing to eat wet food. I am panicking here because he has kidney disease and I know dry food isn't good but he is not eating wet food at all now. He is hungry all the time and thirsty. I am panicking here I'm trying to get him back on wet food but he's refusing.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a different wet food, or crushing some Dr Elseys and sprinkling it on top?

3. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I have tried so many stinking foods and yes I have tried smashing up the doctor dr. Elsey's. It just sucks up the moisture and everything gets dry and he doesn't like like it and he is gaining weight. I like it because he was down to 13 lb he lost a lot of weight but now he's gaining some again which I feel more comfortable. I'm just leaving wet food out and when he gets hungry enough he will eat it.

4. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

He also has high bun and creatine so now I have to make sure he's on low phosphorus which Doctor elzie is 0.99%.

5. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

His blood glucose is perfect in the 70 so I'm not worried about that anymore.

6. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

Harley, my darling :banghead:, goes through fits where he refuses to eat cat food then his sugar crashes. I have coarsely chopped Dr Elsey kibble into his canned food and for some reason he then eats. Try slow transition to wet while incorporating some dry into it. Also leave out just scant amounts at a time, if you are able, ie 1-2tsp. Again, my little devil, umm, darling, will turn up his nose at his food if left out too long or it gets even a tad dried out.

7. Lilly’s Mom

Lilly’s Mom Member

I let lilly miss a meal but the next one, if she didn't eat, I syringe fed her. Not fun for either of us but at least i knew she got nutrients. It only took a time or two and she started eating. I did have to use a teaspoon at first and scoop it up and hold it for her. For whatever reason, she would eat off the teaspoon, but not out of the bowl. After about a week of that she started eating out of the bowl and hasn't stopped (thank goodness!)

Harley Baby & Michele likes this.
  8. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.