Manon&Joy We're new and in need of assistance

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Manon&Joy, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

Thank you all so much, you are amazing. I need to get some sleep, I just had a 1,5 nap but I've been up for over 54 hours, my mom worries more about me than about Joy.
    I want to be a little bit strong tomorrow, he needs me the most then....

2. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

Manon, what was joy's last dose (the amount)? And was that this morning?

3. Robin&BB

We will try to help you with a dose amount, if that's what you were asking for ... but if not, that's okay, too. (I may have misunderstood your other post.)

4. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

AMPS 452
    PMPS 25.8

5. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

Yes, im sorry, i ment what do you guys suggest for dose amount

6. Robin&BB

Want to know if Joy had a dose after that 452 AMPS because there's no dose showing in the SS there - it's blank. And knowing whether or not he had a dose - and the amount of insulin he got, if any - will affect what I answer.

7. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

im sorry, my brain isnt functioning anymore, I cant think or do anything.
    Thank you for asking me to be more specific, then i can be more clear

8. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

yes, he had a dose of 0.8

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

One sec, checking the conversion.

10. Robin&BB

@Rachel - I believe that's about 464, Rachel. Am I correct?

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  11. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

I will be giving Joy his SS after AMPS

12. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I got. So basically the same preshot as this morning. I'm thinking 0.8 again. It looks like that brought a gentle cycle. Or if you feel uncomfortable with that, 0.6. @Robin&BB what are you thinking?

Ruby&Baco and Robin&BB like this.
  13. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

im mean.. i will do a reading on AMPS an will be giving Joy his last SS

14. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

I feel good about 0.8
    I will measure +4 and +6

Rachel and Robin&BB like this.
  15. Robin&BB

Yes, I would go with the 0.80 again if her were mine.

I would not feel comfortable about raising the dose any because you would have to monitor closely and I know you are exhausted, too. He dropped awfully far on a full unit on 5.27 ... so yes, I'd stick with the 0.80.

Rachel likes this.
  16. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

oke ill give him 0.8 brb

Robin&BB likes this.
  17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

And then get some rest, Manon!

Robin&BB and Ruby&Baco like this.
  18. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

Thank you so so much. i cant thank you all enough.
    I will be posting his +4 an +6 but my mom will watch him, while I get some sleep. Im hoping on about the same readings as 1st cycle but are you guys around today?

19. Robin&BB

Yes, Manon, we will be here for you!:bighug: (And your mom, as she's watching him, too ...)

Ruby&Baco and Manon&Joy like this.
  20. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for stating the dose for this morning and this evening, Manon. I've got the SS up-to-date and am working on getting it back to you through Google. I'll keep it updated for you until we know you can edit it again so posting numbers here is perfect.

You are doing great! And yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of eyes around. I'm not a PZ user so wouldn't give dosing advice but I can always help you with any lower numbers so if you don't see one of the PZ users around, just PM me and I will post here to help you.

Hope you rest. Prayers for your little Joy.

Manon&Joy and Robin&BB like this.
  21. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'll be around for a while. I'll check back here often in case you need anything!

Ruby&Baco, Manon&Joy and Robin&BB like this.
  22. Robin&BB

Ditto!

Ruby&Baco and Manon&Joy like this.
  23. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking at spreadsheet

Manon&Joy likes this.
  24. Sue and Oliver (GA)

You went with 0.8 last cycle, right? He had nice safe numbers and seemed to feel okay. What do you think about sticking with 0.8 and your getting some rest?

Manon&Joy likes this.
  25. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

Oh god, +4 reads 27,5> my meter can't measure it..... Oh i so he doesnt deserve this...
    I call a weekend vet in panic he asked me how he was doing, and Joy is drinking and eating, he said not focus on the numbers and comfort him... Did i mess up his shot? Oh my god!!

26. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Manon, I am so sorry you are going through this. I think I would do as the vet says and just keep Joy as comfortable as possible and not to worry about the numbers. Neither one of you deserve this........ just love him up tonight and keep him comfortable. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Manon&Joy likes this.
  27. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

He could be having some bouncing still from 5/27

Manon&Joy likes this.
  28. Sue and Oliver (GA)

I don't why he is higher at night, Manon. But higher is always better than too low. I agree with your vet. Don't fret about the numbers. Make him comfortable - if he is eating and drinking, these are good signs.

I am sure this must be so difficult for you. But you are doing what is best for Joy and making your decisions because you love him and are his very best advocate. It is a real act of love.

I hope both you and Joy can get some rest.

Manon&Joy likes this.
  29. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

He did eat more than yesterday..... should I measure +6 to see if he is bouncing maybe?

30. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

I did the feeding routine 1st cicle and this cycle like Robin suggested, is it maybe that he is not grazing anymore? I so hoped for lower numbers for him, he had such a good day yesterday......

31. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

Thank you so much for your heartwarming posts, Ill try to calm down and comfort Joy.

Sue and Oliver (GA) likes this.
  32. Sue and Oliver (GA)

I'd take a break from poking and worrying. Can both of you just take it easy and have a quiet respite? He isn't going to go too low and probably will just stay kinda flat. Remember, he doesn't know he has these medical issues or diabetes. He just knows he is getting lots of good food and loving attention from you. So, for him, things are peaceful and comfortable.

Manon&Joy and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  33. Bobbie And Bubba

:bighug:

Manon&Joy likes this.
  34. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

Guys I need your advice please. Do I give Joy his shot at AMPS, can I do that without a reading (dont want to poke him anymore) AMPS is at 9.00 in the morning, same time I can call my vet, maybe he has time in the afternoon or evening I don't know, but I want to give him a shot so he will feel a little better in his final hours...
    What do you think?

35. Bobbie And Bubba

I don't know the answer to that question. I kind of think I would shoot to keep him as comfortable as possible especially because you don't know at what point in the day the vet can come to you. Keeping you and Joy in my prayers. :bighug:

Manon&Joy likes this.
  36. Sue and Oliver (GA)

I think I would go ahead and get a test. (Make sure he gets lots of praise and his favorite treats with it). It is unlikely that he would be low but you wouldn't want to risk the chance of a low number midcycle - too stressful for both of you. As long as he is in the 400s, 0.8 should be good.

Manon&Joy likes this.
  37. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

I did not know that was possible Sue, oke I will have to test then. and 0.8 if high.

Joy is sleeping, sort of, but he's calm and eats and drinks..... and is almost starting to get fed up with all the cudling and talks.
    I think ill be going to get some sleep, I can not do another all nighter and I want to be there for Joy tomorrow.

I will keep you posted or I will get back to post....

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  38. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I agree with Sue. I'd test and then give a shot if he is high enough. That way, hopefully he'll be feeling okay tomorrow.

Get some rest tonight Manon. I wouldn't worry about testing until AMPS. Rest, relax, breathe. Sending you hugs and comfort.

Manon&Joy likes this.
  39. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

ssblackcat Sophia & Susan Member

Manon, I've just read this whole thread and have to say bless you and Joy :bighug:

Manon&Joy likes this.
  40. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

wishing you a peaceful sleep tonight, Manon. Our hearts are there with you

Manon&Joy likes this.
  41. Robin&BB

Sue an Rachel are right, Manon - please try to get some rest.

Joy could be bouncing a little, as BJ said above, or it could just have been a food-related rise you saw at +4 - in either case, don't be alarmed at this: Cats don't always process their food in exactly the same way every cycle, just as their #s are not identical in every cycle, even when the dose is not changing.

The important thing is that Joy is feeling comfortable: You said he is calm and eats and drinks for you, so you're doing just fine with him. Bless your heart; we are all thinking of you. Sending you hugs ...

(P.S. I'm so sorry that I was sleeping when you wrote us about the +4 test ...:oops:, or I would have written here right away.)

Manon&Joy likes this.
  42. Marje and Gracie

Manon

Each meter can vary up to 20% and so his numbers from PMPS to +4 look very flat to me.

Many prayers for you for sleep and comfort.

Manon&Joy likes this.
  43. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi Manon, just wanted to let you know that i've got you and Joy on my mind! :bighug::bighug:

Manon&Joy likes this.
  44. Manon&Joy

Manon&Joy Member

I'm so glad I got some sleep last night, things do look different in the morning, and my mom has been a great help and support, I was just way too tired to make any kind of descission, I could hardly function.

We talked to the vet this morning, and I had a good talk with my mom ofcourse, we have descided to give Joy some time and me some well needed rest.
    Joy gained a 100gr (weigh this morning) it's not much but it's a sign he's pulling through, he's just tired but calm and breathing calm and he is eating and drinking, I will have to watch his drinking... I will do a ketone check every otherday and we have descided to keep Joy at a 0.8 dose untill thursday but we will not be testing, if I am worried he might be low,I can do a test and give Joy some extra food and I have an emergency kit. This way I can get some goodnight sleeps and Joy some rest. On thursday I will do tests and talk to the vet and we will make a plan that is doable for me and Joy. Mom will be here untill tomorrow evening and help me get some rest and sort things out, it was just too much for me to handle, we will make a better plan of action thursday.

So good news, we have some ways to go but I think we can get there, if we can find a good balance

Thank you so much for your support and advice and your prayers and hugs, they worked!! and got me and Joy through!!

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

45. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I'm glad things are looking up for you and Joy, and I think your plan sounds like a good one. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hugs to you and lots of pets and chin scritches for sweet, sweet Joy!

Manon&Joy likes this.
  46. Sue and Oliver (GA)

It sounds like you have a plan that will give you both some time and rest, Manon. And any time you are worried about his levels, you can test and reassure yourself.

I hope you both are having a good day. :bighug:

Next time you post, could you start a new thread? This one is getting long.

Manon&Joy likes this.
  47. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear this Manon. Sounds like some sleep was just what the doctor ordered! Just keep an eye on Joy and you'll be able to see how he is feeling...as long as he is feeling okay, you have time :)

Manon&Joy likes this.
  48. Marje and Gracie

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Take care and get some rest. We will all be here when you need us.

49. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Rest easy Manon We're here for you when you need us Cuddles and hugs to Joy

Manon&Joy likes this.
  50. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

I'm glad Joy and you are doing better, its amazing how much some rest can help sometimes! We will be here if you need us, take care of yourself and your boy :bighug:

Manon&Joy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.