Many Thanks

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna and Norton, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna and Norton

Donna and Norton New Member

I just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to everyone here at this forum who has been so helpful to myself and Norton over the past four years. On several different occasions I have received some excellent advice from some of the knowledgeable people here and it is with great regret and the heaviest of hearts that I have to say that our beloved Norton passed away this morning. He was diagnosed as diabetic four years ago and in the beginning it was definitely the people here at this site who helped me through those first two very difficult weeks when I felt so lost and uncertain about how to handle such a thing. With help and encouragement, however, we got him on a good routine and he was a well-adjusted and very happy kitty for a long time. Unfortunately, it was lymphoma that brought him down. He was sixteen years old and there wasn't much to be done for him. Therefore, I had to make that horrible choice this morning to end his suffering before it became too great. We will always cherish the time we had with our little "Nort-boy" and God bless everyone here who has been so helpful to us when we have needed it over the last four years. And to anyone reading this who has a newly diagnosed cat, don't be afraid to rise up to the challenge of meeting your little buddy's needs. It really is easier than you think and you will never regret doing it. Again, God bless.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm so glad you got to spend those extra four years with him ...

3. Donna and Norton

Donna and Norton New Member

Thank you so much. He was a sweetie with tons of personality and I can't even tell you how I feel right now. He was something.

4. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, no...not another one.

There must be a party up there for so many to leave us recently.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of Norton bring you comfort...

...'til you meet again.

5. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this. My sincere condolences.

Fly free dear Norton, land ever so softly...

jeanne

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Donna))))) I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know, and thank YOU for working so hard to give Norton those four extra years. Fly free, sweet Norton.

7. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. Norton is now pain free, but I know your heart is breaking.

8. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers. Fly free dear Norton.

Pattie

9. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Norton. He sounds like one special boy and he is an angel watching from above.

10. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so very sorry for your loss.

wings_cat

11. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((DONNA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wrapping you in cyber hugs. I am so sorry for your loss of Norton. He is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

12. RuthV

RuthV Member

You are to be admired for the valiant effort you made for your cat. I hope that memories soon replace the empty feeling you have now. I'm sure that boy knew only care and affection all his days.

13. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am very sorry for your loss of Norton.

~M

14. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

I'm just seeing this post and am so sorry that Norton had to leave you. We've lost so many of our "extra sweet kitties" lately - but what a party must be going on at the Bridge.

Sometimes the best thing for our little furry babies is not the best for us and is the most difficult decision we ever have to make. Bless you for giving Norton the freedom from that pain - and letting him fly free - at your own heartache and sadness.

I'm sure the wonderful memories and love you shared will see you through the grief in saying goodbye.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.