Marmalade

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mary hornbeck, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

hi everyone. My name is Mary and I am looking for advice for my rescue kitty marmalade. He was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago and is on insulin 2,times a day.

Currently he is recovering from d natal surgery from stomatitis, around 1 week ago. Ever since I picked him up after the surgery he has had discharge from his eyes and the discharge is black sticky stuff that sticks to the fur around his eyes and on his inner upper and lower eye lid. It dries and I can scrap some off with my fingernail but it difficult to get off when it is wet. I took him to the vet and they said he had conjunctivitis and gave him an 7!say course of eye ointment. Took him back a week later has his eyes weren't clear and he still was getting black,stuff stuck on the inside lower and upper eyelid. He has started another 7 day treatment of terramycin ointment for any chlamydia in his eyes.

Can anyone offer my any insight as to what may be going on with his eyes?

Mary hornbeck

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Mary, and welcome.

Please post your query in the Main Health Forum where more eyes will see it. Tell us more about Marmalade as well.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Could be herpes of the eye.

One of my cats had a double eye infection as a 2 month old kitten and has brown discharge ever since. Just the way she is.

4. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

5. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

Hi again. My cat marmalade is a orange and white tabby. I adopted him from PANT, our local rescue organization. He is very sweet and sleeps on my bed st night and hogs my pillow. He puts his paw out to me in the morning and rubs his head on my pillow when he is ready for breakfast. He is my buddy and best friend. I will try to send a picture later this week

6. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome, Mary and Marmalade!

7. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

Your cat looks like mine only with shorter hair. We r so lucky. Thank u for the input

JanetNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.