Mary AMPS 203

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah Smith, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Morning all! I am currently stalling, but REALLY need to feed Mary. Her AMPS is 203, 2 hours ago it was 211. I will be dropping her at vet again today. any thoughts?

2. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

3. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

@Kris & Teasel any thoughts? Stalled for half hour she was 189.... i have a .2 in the syringe but have not shot yet.. saw u online, sorry!

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

One sec Sarah checking SS

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Looks like you did 0.2? I think that’s fine. I might even have gone 0.4 especially since she’ll be at the vet. But if you already shot 0.2 stick with that.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I agree with Rachel. At least she got some insulin. :)

7. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Thanks ladies, I did the .2, will get the hang of this soon I hope! I just look at that day 1 400pt drop and remember some of Cooters cliff dives and get scared. Going to check her now and off for an hour long car ride

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Just keep checking in. We'll do our best to help. :)

9. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

For the Day 1 drop, the first reading was at the vet on a pet meter, and the second was at home on a human meter, wasn't it?

10. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

164 @ +1, syringe fed 10ml of RC recovery and going to get her to the vet now

11. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Yep, know theres a differrnce, but not sure how much

12. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It can be a pretty big difference in high numbers, and a smaller difference at low numbers. I've read anywhere from 30-50% different, so in the 500's, that could be 150 points or more. Plus number inflation from vet stress vs. being relaxed at home. Mary is clearly responding to the insulin, but I think the difference between that initial 512 and the nadir probably isn't as big as it seems on the surface. As you collect your home data, you'll get a better sense of what she needs right now. I would probably dismiss that first cycle from your decision making though since between the meters and the stress, it isn't as reliable an indicator as your home cycle data.

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  13. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Ok... shes here. +2 is 136 on the vets meter..... She knows its still early in the cycle so is going to have stuff on standby. About had a heart attack, last 10 minutes of the drive she started talking and gettimg restless.... I thought for sure I had done her in!

14. Kris & Teasel

Looks like the 0.2 u was a good call on your part! :)

Sarah Smith likes this.
  15. Kris & Teasel

If she's very underweight her responses to insulin can be more erratic. Their fat tissue factors into their response but I'd have to research the exact details.

Sarah Smith likes this.
  16. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

She has never been a big cat, maybe 8lbs tops in her prime. She is down to just under 6 currently and it is night and day difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.