Maury - Month 7

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Yong & Maury GA, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Well in 2 days will start Month 7 :cat:
    Starting off with formed poo! :smuggrin: Unfortunately, that kind of confirms I messed up his tummy :oops:. Think we're starting to see the depot stabilizing :)

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Go easy on yourself, Yong. You were trying to do the right thing. :bighug:

3. Yong & Maury GA

I know :). Glad I realized it after a couple days! :smuggrin:

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Good poo, good eating, and a good AMPS! Hooray! So glad Maury seems to be heading the right direction in everything today. And I agree with Kris - this whole process is about trying things out and figuring out what works and learning and moving forward. You're doing great!

Beenie (GA) and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  5. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Djamila! I really hope we can stay in this right direction and I can slowly stop giving Cerenia. Gotta head out to pick that up and off to do some things today. Back in time for PMPS of course ;)

StephG and Kris & Teasel like this.
  6. Yong & Maury GA

Busy today and busy weekend. My best mate's Mum is visiting and we've not seen her for over a year :woot:. Really want to get some mid cycles though too!:D Will of course get my minimum of 3 tests a day ;). Maybe we can get a later start tomorrow and I can get a +4 in the day time. Cookout tomorrow night and my friend knows we're going to be fashionably late :smuggrin:, either that or I don't go :p.

Ate all his food, after telling me he didn't want that Friskies flavour. Let his jaw slip closed as Cerenia pill moved so he bit down on it :facepalm: Didn't get a big foam/drool event though! He got two treats to help get the taste out of his mouth before dinner. His hind legs / paws look so great! Little things I didn't really notice until he was walking on his hocks :(. Hope things keep going in the right direction for both of us! Come on baby, we can do it! :)

7. Djamila

Oh man, can I relate to the fussing over which flavor they want! Tonight Sam actually flipped over his bowl to make sure I understood he did NOT want that flavor. It's so so so good to hear that Maury is eating well, and taking his pills like a champ. And what amazing progress with his neuropathy! You've done such a great job of taking care of him!

Have a great weekend with your friends!

Rachel and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  8. Yong & Maury GA

Was really hoping to get a +5 or +6 but things got very busy suddenly! I probably missed his first Lantus blue :arghh:

9. Djamila

You'll catch the next one! He's sure looking stable on Lantus!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  10. Yong & Maury GA

I am liking these gentler drops :)

Beenie (GA) likes this.
  11. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

He does seem a lot more stable now...and I'm sure you'll be seeing blues in no time!

Djamila and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  12. Yong & Maury GA

Vet appointment was this morning. Last night was the first night (again) of trying to stop giving the Cerenia, so paws crossed for that. She didn't see a need to re-check fPL levels right now based on how he's feeling. She did notice he has a tooth resorption on one of his tiny bottom teeth and another that the crown is already gone. That tooth hasn't been there since he was diagnosed, I'm pretty sure but the bottom one is fairly new. I just checked his mouth a week or two ago. Suggested in 1-2 months getting him in for a dental if he's stabilized.

Took him down to see the Cat hotel area, he hissed and growled in general :(. The girl said most cats do that but I haven't seen Maury react that way before so my hopes are not so great for that. Imagining him stressing out like that for 4 1/2 days breaks my heart.

13. Kris & Teasel

Good luck at the vet!

14. Djamila

Try not to worry too much about the cat hotel. He'll settle down once he's there for a bit. Kitties don't tend to like unfamiliar places no matter how nice they are!

Tough news about the dental - those can be $$$! But so good to hear that overall he's doing better!

Cherish Gallagher likes this.
  15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Try wearing a shirt to bed for several nights before you go. Then put it in with him without washing it. It'll have your scent and might be calming for him.

Djamila likes this.
  16. Kris & Teasel

Misread your post. You'd already been to the vet. Yes, dental is $$$.

17. Yong & Maury GA

Yes when she said dental I just stared at her like.... oh I don't want to know how much that's going to be :arghh:. Luckily it can wait a couple months and may not even need to happen. I plan to leave a scent soaker with him :). Maybe I should leave it one with my friend's scent too so he doesn't just get mad at me :p.

Djamila, Kris & Teasel and Rachel like this.
  18. Yong & Maury GA

Crazy 5 days and I think so much time away from the house made Maury miss me again! Most of the time he has greeted me by the door like he used to :). When I first got him my roommate said "you know he doesn't actually sit by the door all day waiting, he hears you and runs to the door and sits" lol. Of course I knew he didn't sit there all day but I thought it was cute how he'd run to sit by the door and greet me ♥:cat:. Since I've been home a lot the past 18 months he didn't do it as much, I think he wanted me to leave more :p.

So apologies for not being around much! My best mate's Mum was in for a visit and she hasn't been up here for over 18 months (there's a pattern with last 18 months lol).

Maury finally let me see his first blue's today! :cool: So I think I'm going to increase to 1.75U tonight or tomorrow morning. ;)

Rachel, Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  19. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Yong!!

20. Yong & Maury GA

Thank you! I didn't mean to go MIA :rolleyes:

21. Yong & Maury GA

OH I had a feeling those blue's were an indicative of something o_O. PMPS 124, stalling 15 minutes. If I skip the depot is still in play tonight and might mess up tomorrow day. @Kris & Teasel should I still do F1.50u? I'm hoping this is his old Prozinc trick and he's going to bounce back up some but obviously it's never happened on Lantus :nailbiting:

22. Kris & Teasel

Shoot the same dose, Yong. There's plenty of room with 124. Welcome to the world of Lantus!

23. Djamila

Woohoo!

What was your post-stall number? Did he go up any?

24. Kris & Teasel

The saying in L Land is "shoot low to stay low". I've shot full doses on greens several times. Hair-raising the first time but you learn how your kitty reacts.

25. Yong & Maury GA

Yes it is hair raising! Stalled 20 minutes, he dropped to 115. Ate all his wet food and is eating his YA now. Gave full dose of F1.50U :nailbiting:

26. Yong & Maury GA

I kept repeating that in my head lol. Steph says she'll stay up with me if it's we have a PJ party :smuggrin:

27. Kris & Teasel

This is ground you have to cross with Lantus. Teasel's BGs really do stay in a narrower range when he gets a full dose on a low PS.

28. Yong & Maury GA

Yup I know and I'm very big on not skipping if I don't have to. I think he does better that way. :). He didn't need to do it so suddenly though! lol.

29. Djamila

How much longer 'til your test? I'm dying of curiosity over here!

30. Yong & Maury GA

lol Just posted his +3 :cool:. I think we're ok for the night and he's going to surf :cat:

Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  31. Djamila

Nice work, Maury! And good job being brave Yong! :bighug:

32. Yong & Maury GA

+5 reading 184 so he got 1T of LC food since he didn't eat his first snack :facepalm: and we're off to bed! :bighug:

Djamila likes this.
  33. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Great job Yong! I can only imagine how scary it is as you get used to Lantus, but you did great! :)

34. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow look at all that blue :cool:
    I was tense just reading the posts...worked purrfectly. Yay Maury!!

35. Kris & Teasel

Just seeing this now. It went fine. I'm not surprised that 0.25 u increase was recommended. That can work most of the time. I find that Teasel responds well to fats and skinnies.

36. Yong & Maury GA

That's what I responded with. Maury seems to do well with fats and skinnies too, and it proved correct :). Went ahead and bumped him to 1.75U today though, hoping to see some nice greens.

37. Kris & Teasel

Just today I was wondering whether I could draw up a Yong-inspired skinny fat dose!! We know that's a bit less than a fat dose but a little more than the "line" dose.

Rachel and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  38. Yong & Maury GA

It's definitely easier with U-40 syringes lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.