Maverick at the Bridge

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karrie and Maverick, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

My heart is broken. I'm going to miss him more than words could ever say.

It was extremely sudden right when the vet was going to examine him. He was meowing just a minute earlier letting her know he was not going to make it easy to examine him and then when she lifted off the top of the carrier she knew something was wrong. She ran him to the back. His heart had stopped and he wasn't breathing. They did everything they could. She said she thinks because of how sudden it was that he threw a clot. He wasn't overly stressed on the drive but did wig out a little bringing him into the vets office with the sound of the highway next door and a passing transport.

I would like to do a tribute to him. Everything I did was to keep him with me as long as possible. I almost lost him once and every day was a gift. Thank you to each of you for helping make the diabetes just a routine and not a horrible thing for Maverick. I truly hope I did not do anything to cause this. What ifs are part of the grieving process but I know in my heart everything I did was out of love and I can't change anything.

He is an angel. I still feel cheated. I need him here with me. He didn't suffer (or at least I hope he didn't).

I don't know if I will have the courage to reply right away. You guys made a difference in mine and Maverick's lives. There is a special spot in my heart for all of you and your furbabies.

Karrie and Maverick.

2. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

Re: Maverick is at the bridge.

Oh my God Karrie! I'm so sorry {{{HUG}} I cannot stop crying. You did everything possible for him and you gave him the best life a kitty could dream of. You are a wonderful mom {{Hug}}

[​IMG]

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Karrie-

I am so, so sorry to read this. You and Maverick were so very lucky to have found eachother. You're in our thoughts and prayers...

Amy

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Karrie)))))

I just don't know what to say. I saw your subject line and just gasped. I am so, so sorry.

Cherish all of the time you had with Maverick. Hold on to all of the memories that make you smile. Each and every one of them. Maverick will always be with you in spirit until you are again reunited.

Fly free Maverick and land gently. All of our GA kitties will be at the Bridge to welcome you.

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Oh God Karrie I am sobbing I just cant believe this!! Wish I could really give you a Hug right now--
    I dont even know what to say, but you were the greatest, most loving & caring momma bean to Maverick possible..My heart is just shattered for you--He had a wonderful life and you gave him that..
    Lighting a candle to light Maverick's way, so so so so sorry!!! wings_cat Fly Free Maverick.

6. Manouk & Billy

Manouk & Billy Member

Oh, Karrie...! I am so, so very sorry. I didn't want to believe it when I saw the subject line. Hugs. Maverick will truly be missed.

7. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Karrie)))
    I am so sorry....this is such a shock.

Fly free sweet Maverick.

8. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Karrie,

Words cannot tell you how very sorry I am about Maverick. You did everything you could; I know that for sure. You are such a wonderful and loving pet parent - that is so obvious from the care you gave Maverick and the loving care you continue to give Nike. You are one in a million. I wish you peace.

Judy, Jake, Civvie Boomer, and Emma the beagle

9. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Oh my God (((((Karrie))))))))),

Know in your heart you did all you could have, would have, and should have for Maverick.

You learned about FD, you and Maverick learned to home test, you found the best insulin, best support group, best help you could find...

Maverick knew that and loved you for it.

Fly Free Sweet, Sweet Maverick.

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

oh no ((((((Karrie))))))

I'm so, so sorry. Fly free, sweet Maverick. wings_cat

11. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Karrie, I am so very sorry to see your post. My heart goes out to you. Fly free sweet Maverick.

12. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. They're not with us for long enough already, and to lose one so unexpectedly must be a great shock to you. He will live on forever in your memories, and I hope that these memories can bring you some joy in the midst of your grief. I know I took/take great comfort knowing that my baby knew exactly how much I loved him. It sounds like Maverick knows you love him, too.

Fly free, Maverick.

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

oh Karrie - I too saw your subject line and was taken back. I am so very very sorry - words escape me. I just can't believe it....

I know you did everything you could for him. You got him through so many obstacles, and you guys always came out on top. Know in your heart that you did not fail him. Cherish every moment that you had together, remember them all. He will always be with you - in your heart, your mind, your memories. The spirit never leaves us.

I am so sorry - fly free sweet maverick, you will be missed. rb_icon

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Oh noooooooooooo.
    (((((Karrie))))) I'm so sorry. You've taken such good care of Maverick.
    So sudden. So unexpected. I'm in shock.

A candle is lit to show him the way.

wings_cat Fly free sweet Maverick...

15. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Karrie))), I cannot believe Maverick is at the Bridge; it happened so sudden! I feel so sad, and my heart is breaking for you. Just today I was looking at the photos of how comfy and cozy you made Maverick in his bed, and he looked so peaceful. Know in your heart that you did everything you could to help Maverick thru the diabetes and his other conditions. I believe we will see our pets again. Rest in Peace sweet Maverick. Karrie, feel free to pm me any time.

16. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh noooo, Karrie - I am so sorry. I have no words, other than to tell you, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

with many tears.....(((((Karrie))))) wings_cat Fly free Maverick - you are loved and will be missed.

17. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Karrie))) I am so sorry Maverick left you so suddenly. I am just utterly speechless.
    I logged into FB and saw the post. I felt the lurch in my stomach.

Fly free dear sweet Maverick. We will light a candle for you for a safe crossing and
    soft soft landings.

wings_cat Maverick

18. Amanda

Amanda Member

Karrie I am so very sorry...my heart just dropped when I read your post. Godspeed sweet Maverick

19. Jenn & Sprats

Jenn & Sprats Member

(((((Karrie)))))
    My thoughts are with you in such a sad, sad time... Hold onto all those memories.

20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am soooo sorry Karrie (((((((((((Karrie)))))))))))))) :cry:

21. Jenn & Sprats

Jenn & Sprats Member

(((((Karrie)))))
    My thoughts are with you in such a sad, sad time... Hold onto all those memories.

22. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Oh no no no no no. ((((Karrie))))). I'm so very very sorry. My heart just fell to my
    stomach when I saw this. I just don't have the words. So many of our beautiful kitties at the bridge. I'm sorry your beautiful mavrick is gone. You guys were so very good to Witty and I. I wish I could take your pain away. Just know I am praying for you and Maverick. ((((((((Fly Free sweet Maverick))))))) wings_cat

23. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Karrie I am so so so sorry. I know how much you loved Maverick and how much tender loving care you always gave to him. This is such a shock and like everyone here, I gasped when I saw the post.

The pain of such a sudden loss is unbelievable. I do know this. My first kitty a few years ago threw a clot at a young age and died in my arms within a few seconds. It was a surreal and horrible experience and my heart goes out to you tonight. There was nothing you could have done to avoid this, please know that.

I wish I could ease some of your immense pain, this is so incredibly unfair. Maverick left suddenly and painlessly.... all the pain is left with you. Allow plenty of time for yourself. We understand. If there is anything I can do, please ask.
    ((((Karrie))))

24. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Karrie))) sitting here in shock & I cannot even begin to express how I feel for you right now.
    I am praying for your peace of mind & comfort..... you were his angel here on Earth o:)

(((Maverick))) wings_cat

25. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

:cry: I am stunned. My heart hurts for you.
    I pray that you find comfort somehow in the difficult days ahead.

MJ&Donovan&Butthead

26. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

Karrie,

There are no words... Your family and Maverick and in my thoughts.

Jason

27. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Karrie)))))))))))) I am so sorry! this was such a shock and of course you did everything possible for him. He know this and is waiting for you at the Bridge and watching over you always.

28. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((KARRIE))) I could not believe this when Mike just told me and we are both in a state of shock and sadness for you and for all of LL; Maverick was your very, very special baby but he is loved by all of us. We were all there when you started your journey with Maverick in FD and we hope you know we are all there for you now and whenever you need us. I cannot quit crying for you and I, too, wish I could be there to hug you and just be there for you. Like the others....I don't know what else to say but we are keeping you in our prayers...we are here when you need us. Gently journey sweet Maverick. We have lit a candle for you.

[​IMG]

29. Steph and Java(GA)

Steph and Java(GA) Member

Karrie, I am so sorry for you. There are just no words to express my sympathy. I hope in time you can just think back on all the good times you had. I am just so sorry.
    ((((((((((Karrie))))))))))

30. Mike&Buddy

Mike&Buddy Well-Known Member

My prayers and regards to you. I am so very sorry for the loss of Maverick.

They take that love with them, and will wait for us to come and visit.

Attached Files:

31. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

(((Karrie))) OMG that is such a shock… I’m so sorry to read this…

Maverick knew how much you loved him... I’m praying you find peace … :YMHUG:

Fly free sweet Maverick … o:)

32. Noreen&DC&Frisky

Noreen&DC&Frisky Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I was shocked to read the title of your post.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Fly free sweet Maverick.

33. bev5477

bev5477 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Maverick. You have an angel with you now. My heart breaks for you. Bev& Gus

34. Joe & Kushi

Joe & Kushi Member

Karrie, I am so sorry. I have only been on this forum for about a week, but I know the pain of losing a beloved pet. I leave you with this:

The Lord bless you and keep You;
    The Lord make His face to shine upon you
    And be gracious to you;
    The Lord lift up His countenance upon you
    And give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

Joe

35. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

You dont know me but I wanted to express my sincere sorrow for your loss.
    Fly free Mavrick, land ever so softly till you meet again.
    jeanne

36. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

what a terrible shock, karrie. i feel like i was just getting to know maverick - he was such a special kitter. i loved the pictures of him earlier today - the sweet window seat you made for him and the cozy heated bed. You did everything to make his life happy and comfy.

my heart goes out to you, Karrie. you were a wonderful, wonderful mom to him and he was blessed to have you. hugs, hugs and more hugs. i am just so very sorry for your loss.

37. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Karrie, I have no words. Maverick was so special and you took such good care of him. He loved you and your DH very much. Those pictures you posted today were just so touching. I hope you can always remember him as he was in those photos, happy in his new heated bed above the workbench. Mav will always be with you, in your heart, your loving memories. Now he is at the Bridge, being welcomed by all of our GAs, and free of his ailments. Fly free, dear, sweet Maverick. You are much loved.

Lighting a candle to guide him tonight,
    In deepest sympathy,
    Ella, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

38. Perry and Sooty

Perry and Sooty Well-Known Member

Oh no Karrie - I am so very very sorry that Maverick has gone... I just hope that you may somehow find the courage to just remember all the best times with him - and not today - please do not ever doubt that you gave him the very best possible... it was just his time to go.

Belioeve me we shall never forget your kindness to us in our bad times and if only I can return some of that to you in even the smallest way, at this time, then please know - we are thinking of you.

39. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

(((((Karrie & DH))))) I havent stopped crying yet, but I just wanted you to know that your friends here
    in Lantus Land & FDMB are all in Mourning tonite for our dear friend Maverick...
    He left so suddenly, but we all knew & loved him--
    We receive these loving animals for a short time here on earth, It is a gift that we all treasure, and when they leave, '
    we feel such loss...But then we realize how much we received from them, the love, the humility, the knowledge,and the joy we gave them, and they gave us, and we live with the love they have left us.
    May you have no regrets, you did all you could, we are all here for you.........

40. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Karrie)))))))) I could not believe my eyes when I read this words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss of Maverick wings_cat wings_cat rb_icon

Fly Free Maverick

41. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Oh, Karrie, I am so sad for you. You were Maverick's angel, and now Maverick is yours.

You gave Maverick love, safety, warmth. You made him a good life, and now he is without pain or illness.

Sending light to you and Maverick both.

42. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Tears streaming down my face reading this, Karrie. I too know the pain of the sudden loss of a furbaby and how heartcrushingly awful it is. ((hug)) You gave Mav the most amazing life, and he knew, up to the very moment he left our world, that he was blessed with the most love a kitty could possibly have. The number of posts here are a testament to what a special boy he was... and what an amazing furmama and person you are.

I take solace in the thought of my Miss Belle, whose presence I felt just this morning, meeting sweet Mav at the bridge to welcome him to his new life, where he is young and healthy forever.

Keeping you close to my heart in thoughts and prayers.

43. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

oh Karrie............i'm in shock....we pm this afternoon regarding his CRF...i was about to go to bed just now and setting up my alarm in my iphone i went into FB and saw the posting...so i rushed here to my pc to read further....i am at a complete loss for words...my heart is broken for you...i'm in tears as i know truly what he and Nike mean to you...know that i will keep you in my prayers as this has been truly a shock....i'm so so so sorry....

know he truly knew how deeply he was loved by you and DH.....i know words can not help you right now...i'm in disbelief and i'm sure you are even more...

Fly Free Maverick....you will be missed by all at FDMB wings_cat

44. tessielou

tessielou Member

Karrie, I can't believe it. I just got on a few minutes ago after being offline all day. Now, I am sitting here in shock and with so many tears I can't read the posts. I feel sick to my stomach thinking of your pain and loss. We love you and Maverick! Please let me know if there is anything I can do. You are in my prayers tonight.

45. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Karrie))) I am so sorry to hear of your sudden and tragic loss. You did everything for Maverick, and this is just so unfair. My deepest condolences to you and your DH at this very sad time.

46. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

:(
    (((((Karrie))))))
    cant believe this happened, my sincere condolences.
    I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your baby Maverick.
    Many prayers for you for comfort.
    Fly free sweet Maverick, you will be missed.

47. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss.

48. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

((((Karrie))))) I am so sorry for your sudden loss. My heart is breaking for you and DH.

'Do not think of my as gone,
    I am with you still in each new Dawn'

Fly free sweet Maverick, land softly.

49. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Oh I can't believe this, I read and reread the subject line hoping for it to change. I am so so sorry. You and Maverick were such good friends to all of us here, my heart is truly breaking for your loss. I know Maverick is at peace and I hope his spirit comes to comfort you in your time of grief.

THE EULOGY
    Look not where I was
    For I am not there
    My spirit is free
    I am everywhere

In the air that you breathe
    In the sounds that you hear
    Don't cry for me Mom
    My spirit is near

I'll watch for you
    From the other side
    I'll be the one running
    New friends by my side

Smile at my memory
    Remember in your heart
    This isn't the end
    It's a brand new start

50. hollybee

hollybee Member

so sorry to hear about your sweet boy ; ( may wonderful memories bring you comfort always......

51. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Karrie )))

Oh my gosh, Karrie, I am so sorry to read about this sudden loss. You have done so well with him. I am just numb seeing this, as I know you are, too. I know your heart is broken but Maverick is free from sickness now and all he will remember is your love.

52. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Oh no, Karrie.....I'm so very, very sorry. I'm in shock, I can't imagine how difficult this is for you. (((((((((Karrie))))))))) I hope you know what a great furmom you are, this is not your fault in any way. I'm at a loss for words....my deepest condolences to you and DH...please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Fly free sweet Maverick. wings_cat

53. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

I am so very sorry.
    Fly free, Maverick and land softly.
    (((Karrie)))

54. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Karrie)))))))
    I am so very very sorry .....sending hugs to you as you go through this time of grieving....
    It is so difficult to go through this pain...and my heart is breaking along with yours....

Fly free Sweet Maverick....until we meet again.... wings_cat

55. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Oh my Karrie .. I don't even know how to put into words how sorry I am ... There is not an ounce of doubt in my mind that you were the very best furmom in the world to maverick .. I can't believe he is really gone .. brings a lump to my throat, tears to my eyes .... I'm sorry Karrie .. Fly Free Maverick ....

56. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Oh no, we are heart broken with you! I don't know what to say except you are a valiant Mom & Maverick was so lucky to have you (as you were him). We share you tears & grief. Lots of love, Susan & Lanky

57. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Karrie)))))))

Oh Karrie. My heart just sunk when I read this. I'm am so sorry my dear.

Maverick was so very fortunate to have you in his life. What a wonderful caring Mom you have been. My heart is heavy for you right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tena and Curry

58. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Maverick was a very special kitty.

------
    Sunlight streams through window pane onto a spot on the floor...then I remember, it's where you used to lie,but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet and muted echoes sound....then I remember,It's where your paws would joyously abound.

A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill then I remember it can't be yours....your golden voice is still.

But I'll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall

I'll wrap these treasured memorials in a blanket of my love and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.

Author Unknown

59. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Karrie, I am just stunned. This is the last thing I expected to see today.
    I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Maverick. Oh God, it hurts me to write that.
    Maverick was a very lucky kitty to have you for a mom.
    My heart goes out to you, (((Karrie)))

60. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, looking at the daily posts, never ever do any of us imagine seeing that yellow candle, and even then a second glance hoping it's not true. I'm still a bit new here, but the tears won't stop for the loss of your baby. I can gather by reading the other replies that you are indeed a wonderful momma to your furbabies. Hold on very tight to those precious memories and know that he does not hurt anymore.. Lots of playing,running,sleeping,eating and knowing he'll see you again someday! I am sure that you did everything in your power to protect and keep that little man with you as long as you could.
    Fly free Maverick and Land softly sweet Angel!

61. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

(((((((Karrie)))))))) I'm so sorry. Fly free, ~~~~Maverick~~~~! Norton will meet you at the bridge.

62. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

[​IMG]

Do Lou and I are lighting a candle for Maverick (((((((Karrie))))))))

63. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Karrie! I am so shocked and saddened to read this. I know you are devastated and I feel so bad for you. You were a wonderful mom to Maverick and he knows how much you love him. My heart goes out to you. I'm sending prayers of peace and comfort to you. ((((Karrie))))

Fly Free Maverick. You have many friends at the bridge. wings_cat

64. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Oh, Karrie...just saw this...

Look deep into your heart, find your beautiful, beautiful boy there, and you will know without a doubt that
    you did everything possible to give him the best life he could have, and he loves you for it.

My heart goes out to you...this is absolutely devastating, and there is little any of us can say to ease your anguish.
    Binks, the girls and I wish we could wrap you up tight in all the love and compassion we feel for you.

All four of us lighting candles to light Marvelous Maverick's way...
    His humor, charm, beauty, and strength will be ever missed here.

Land softly, Little One.

Celi, Binks, Smudge, & Annie

[​IMG]

65. julie & punkin (ga)

i love this from Van Dyke and wanted to share it with you. Perhaps you will find comfort in it as you go about your day today.

When Someone You Love Dies
    I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: "there, she is gone!" There are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad should: "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

~~Henry Van Dyke

66. cjleo

cjleo Member

Karrie,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Maverick. Hugs to you and flyfree hopes for Maverick.

Claudia

67. Mowgli and Keri

Mowgli and Keri Member

(((( Karrie)))))
    I am so saddened, shocked and stunned reading this! I cannot tell you how sorry I am,
    I am without words, but you are in my thoughts through this difficult time....
    Warm hugs.....
    am just so sorry......
    :(

68. Karrie and Maverick

I wish I could hug all of you. The pain is more immense than I ever could imagine. My husband is coming home from work early. I have put his stuff in a spare room so I am not hit with signs of him everywhere, it is too much. Just his ledge is left. I work from home and him and Nike are/were my whole life. I have test strips to donate to the person who does the newbie kits or DCIN. Someone please let me know how I can do this.

I don't know how long it takes to heal this kind of pain. Normally I would avoid and run away and not feel it. Your guys words have kept the tears streaming. It means so much that I was able to share him with all of you. I got in a scared feeling that if my laptop died I'd lose all my pictures of him so i'm going to be backing up today to keep me busy.

I never got his purr on video. It was one of the things I always planned to do. And to get a video of me carrying him out to the end of the driveway like a baby to get the paper.

I did find today that I got his meow on video. Along with my annoying voice and messy basement. I wished for one more day two years and 9 months ago. I am grateful but its never long enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHE_03OsAbA

Please do keep Maverick in your thoughts and for a safe speedy crossing.

69. CD and BigMac

[​IMG]

70. Manouk & Billy

Manouk & Billy Member

What a cute video. Thank you for sharing it, Karrie.

I think all of Lantus Land is with you today. Do not fear; Maverick is in our thoughts. Such a charming boy he was. I know how much this hurts, and I know we're never really ready to lose someone we love deeply. But I am still glad you got that extra time with him since the illness two years ago. You seem like you have lots of moments to cherish. I am sure Maverick feels the same and will be waiting patiently for when you meet again.

71. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of Maverick, Karrie. What a precious video, thank you for sharing that. Fly free Maverick, you will be sorely missed.

72. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

Karrie,

I originally had a long winded post, but decided to keep it simple. My Belle died at the vet hospital the morning I was supposed to bring her home. Although she had issues, it was sudden and unexpected. I didn't make it to the hospital to say goodbye. 7 months later I can't say it's any easier, but I can look back and smile when I look at her pictures and video. Out of the billion scenarios that could happen, the fact that Belle found me and Maverick found you has to mean we were meant to be together. As horrible as it is to lose them, they were going to born and live their lives with us or without us, and I just feel that despite their inevitable loss, we are just so fortunate to have had the opportunity to care for them.

I have this image in my mind of Belle running to meet Maverick, and them running off to play. He is so handsome that I'm sure Belle was drawn to him. She has a little pot belly, so I hope he doesn't mind.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Jason

73. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Bless all your hearts.. thank you for sharing the video, Karrie.. I am just so very sorry for your loss..
    I know the last few days have been challenging with him not eating, etc.. you did everything right & had him at the Vet.. I am just in shock & feel your immense pain.
    Take care of you & Nike..

74. CD and BigMac

Awww, sweet video. When you asked him if he was hungry and he chirped back at you.... I loved that. Gosh was a beauty he was.
    Please talk about him as much as you want. We are here for you. ♡♡♡

75. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Karrie, I am so glad to hear from you. The video is so precious and shows Maverick's talkative personality, and what a beautiful kitty. I can picture you carrying Maverick to the mailbox like a baby, as I used to carry my GA kitty the same way. I can't begin to imagine your pain, but please know that we are all here for you.
    I love the way he answers you. My heart and prayers go out to you and your husband during this time. Hugs.

76. Lacie

Lacie Member

I just got home from work and found the candle next to your names. So sudden...I'm so very sorry. You were the very best mom and guardian to him that anyone could be. It hurts to let go, but Maverick is at peace and is free from pain. And he knows how much you love him. Take care of yourself and let the emotions wash over you. We were put here on earth to love, even when it hurts.

77. Violet and Chaos

Violet and Chaos Well-Known Member

Oh, Karrie! Like everyone else, I am sobbing as I write. I am in shock, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am. You were a wonderful mom, I am sure you did not cause this. Everything you did, you did for the good. You were the best bean that Maverick could have had and he loved you so much. My heart goes out to you, Karrie, and I'm raising a glass to Maverick right now.

78. julie & punkin (ga)

oh karrie, what a super video! maverick was just chatting away responding to you. i also loved it when you asked him if he wanted to eat and he said YES. funny cat! he is so like a gray version of my punkin. same eyes, body and fluffiness. i'm so glad you posted that.

jason, i just wanted to say your words were so sweet. you understand what karrie's going through. thanks for sharing.

79. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Kerrie I am so so sorry that you lost your sweet boy Maverick. I was shocked to hear this. Please know that it was nothing that you did or didn't do. It was just Maverick's time. You have been so devoted to him and did everything in your power to give him the best life any cat would envy. He loved you very much. I hope your good memories with Maverick will help ease your pain some. I feel so bad for you.

Take as much time as you need to grieve. Remember you are family here and if you ever need to talk don't hesitate to call on us.

tears,

You will be in my thoughts Kerrie. Your video of Maverick is just precious. He was such a cute guy.

Fly Free Sweet Maverick
    (((Kerrie)))

jan and sara

80. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Oh, Kerrie...I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet boy. My heart aches for you. He was such a sweetie...thank you for posting that video of him...a gorgeous boy with amazing 'presence'. I can't even imagine how it feels right now to have lost him so suddenly.

My heart goes out to you...((((Kerrie))))

Fly free sweet handsome boy.....

81. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

:( Wow... how unexpected. I'm so sorry for your loss Karrie.

82. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Karrie)))

Like everyone else, I am stunned. In shock. This is just so sudden.

Don't ever doubt yourself. You did nothing wrong. This happens to people also.
    I am so so very sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you.

Fly Free Sweet Maverick wings_cat

Love & hugs,
    Caryl

83. tessielou

tessielou Member

Karrie,
    Maverick was truly a beautiful boy! I loved the video, where he talks to you about being hungry! :smile: I know he gave you such joy daily. I think we're all blessed to take care of these special creatures. They teach us so much about love. Karrie, our hearts are with you! Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

84. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Such a sweet video, Karrie. Thank you for sharing :)

Please come and talk as much as you want. Everyone is here for you.

xoxo

85. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Oh no!
    (((Karrie))) I'm so so sorry.

86. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Oh Karrie. When I found out last night what happened I think my heart stopped. I still can't believe it. I know that must be how you are feeling. You must be in complete and total shock. I'm sure you are wondering why this happened the way it did. When my Tiga passed so suddenly from the accident one of the members of the Board told me that God must have had a very special task for him to do that only could be done by him. Somehow that gave me great comfort and still gives me comfort to this day. Maybe that is the way it is for Maverick. Maybe God needed him to do something that only your baby was suitable for.

Please just remember that there was nothing that you could have done for Maverick that you didn't do. You gave him your all and then some. No one could have possibly been a better Mama to him than you were. The love that you two have for each other will last forever. Don't ever doubt that.

I bet there was quite a celebration at the Bridge when Maverick passed over. All our GAs were there I'm sure. I know that Tori would have been front and center to welcome home her good friend. I bet they're having a blast together.

I wish I was there with you in person so that I could give you a big hug and maybe share a tear or two with you. You have been such a good friend to me and such a wonderful support. I hope that I can be that now for you. If there is anything at all that I can do please call on me. OK?

87. Rocket & his Mom

just dropping by to tell you i'm still praying for you and Patrick....

(((Karrie))))

i'm here whenever you need me!!! don't forget.....

88. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Just saw the video thanks so much for sharing that with us thinking of you Karrie ((((((HUGS))))))

89. Mowgli and Keri

Mowgli and Keri Member

Thanks for sharing the video and sharing some of Mavericks charm with us, :YMHUG:

90. marleesan71

marleesan71 Member

Oh no!! I cannot believe my eyes!! I am so so sorry Karrie!! I just don't even know what to say. I am just so sorry. I know how hard it is and you're right, there are always those darn if's but you did an awesome job as Maverick's Mama and he was very lucky to have you. Maverick is now your angel and will always be right by your side. My heart hurts so much for you right now. ((((((Karrie)))))

91. arniesdad

arniesdad Well-Known Member

(((((Karrie))))) I am so sorry to hear this!! Fly Free Sweet Maverick!! wings_cat

92. meand4

meand4 Member

im so very sorry about Maverick. biggest hugs for you.

93. Smokey

Smokey Member

I am so very sorry about the loss of Maverick. I really hope all of these kind words help your heart to heal.

94. Karrie and Maverick

Thank you for all the wonderful kind words. I've come on to read a few times and they have helped me more than I can say. I'm still not ready to reply to everyone. Its harder than I ever imagined. I miss all of you so much. He may be home with me by the weekend. I keep watching the video and its like I'm taping him now and he's still with me, but then it ends. I wish there was a fast forward button on time.

95. Rocket & his Mom

((((Karrie)))))

love and cherish every memory you have of Maverick....

96. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

(((Karrie))) i am so sorry :(

97. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Oh ((((Karrie)))))
    What a beautiful handsome boy Maverick is. So Fluffy, and his talking, on the video, is just great.
    I know how hard this is, and I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I got Witty home a while ago, but I just can bear to open the box. They are home with us.
    Please let me know if there is anything I can do. We miss you too.

98. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Karrie,
    I have watched the video over and over. What a wonderful keepsake. I have a tiny snippet of Bear Man's meow, and I watch it when I feel strong enough. I am so grateful that I have it. Maverick was such a special boy.

99. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

(((((Karrie))))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. Maverick will always be with you...his momma. Love to you.

100. Karrie and Maverick

Re: Maverick is at the bridge - he's home

Maverick is home. I needed him home.

It was a very good experience with the company. They were sensitive and professional. He has a black urn with a silver band and plaque that says Maverick, My big boy. I have a pawprint of his in clay and two memorial cards with a picture of him and hair clippings including some of his white belly hair. My husband cried for the first time today. She has a friend that bakes organic dog cookies in the shape of a heart. She gave me half of one in a little baggie and she said the other half was cremated with him. I thought how strange at first, but sitting here now I can smile. Maverick would have LOVED eating it. He lived for carbs darnit. I remember him as a younger cat breaking into bread bags and stealing crackers out of the sleeve of crackers and running off with it.

I know that I can move forward in my healing now. I will be replying to each of you who left words of condolences and advice. It really meant the world to me. I came on every day to read them. I ended up crying even harder and not being able to reply. But without a doubt they helped me cope with his loss. I wish I could give all of you a real hug. I can't thank you enough for being there from day 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.