Max and Candy newbies

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by max and candy, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max and candy

max and candy Member

Hello and thank you a thousand times to all on this site.

My sweet boy Max is a 14 year old neutered Ragdoll. In mid February I had to take him to an emergency clinic because my vet wasn't available. His BG was 433 and he was diagnosed with diabetes and a UTI. I thought the food he was eating was one of the best besides a raw diet (Fancy Feast Classic). But too many Temptations and even gluten free dry (free feeding) made him ill. When I met with my regular vet the day after emergency I asked for a week to remove the dry food and see if his numbers dropped enough that insulin wouldn't be necessary but sadly it was a miserable week for Max with antibiotics, stress, food changes and diabetes. So my vet started him on Lantus (1 unit every 12 hours).

Like everyone else here it's been an emotional roller coaster of fear, frustration and doubt and it still is. I just found this site a week ago and am trying to get Maxi's information on the wonderful spreadsheet while reading and learning and crying. Today I started a mini curve thinking Max might be going into remission but the numbers seem to make that doubtful. I will head over to the Lantus Forum and check in with them. And again, bless everyone here for all your generosity of knowledge and support :bighug:

Attached Files:

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Welcome. Yo are doing a good job. Home testing is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.