Max has diabetes...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MelissaMomofMax, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelissaMomofMax

MelissaMomofMax New Member

I'm so glad I found this forum! I'm sure I'll be reading a lot over the next few weeks...
    Maxwell Cornwallace, age 12 was diagnosed with diabetes on Friday. He had lost a bunch of weight, and is drinking a lot of water and peeing a lot. Acts starving all the time. I figured either kidney disease or diabetes. Honestly, I was either in denial or defeat and put off going to the vet for a while. I've had Max since he was 6 weeks old. My husband was convinced that Max wouldn't take well to insulin shots and that it would make his life miserable and he would hate us (his father has Type 1 diabetes). Once we got the diagnosis, I wanted to at least try the shots. FYI, our financial situation isn't awesome. So...that's where we are now. Max is getting insulin shots twice a day and so far (knock on wood!) he doesn't really notice them if I give them while he's eating. So I look forward to commiserating and learning on this forum.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Melissa and Max. You have come to the right place to learn about feline diabetes and how to handle Max's treatment. There is really great information on the Home page: Getting Started and Education. This info is a great starting point, then there is more in the forums. Please post on the Main Health forum with questions and concerns, tell us about what kind of insulin, dosage, what kind of food he eats, and if you are home testing. We can really help with cost saving ideas and tips. Looking forward to getting to know you and Max, Best wishes.

3. MelissaMomofMax

MelissaMomofMax New Member

4. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

I love his name!!! This is a great place to learn to manage Max's condition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.