Max is a new cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by joyfullife, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joyfullife

joyfullife New Member

Max has been getting Lantus since Tuesday. Now I feel horrible for not realizing he was sick! His fur is so much softer. Not sure if he's grooming more? He always seemed to groom before. The big change is that he's playing again! He likes to play "ball" with these soft fuzzy balls we have, and he hasn't played with me in over a year. :sad: He was diagnosed with stomatitis last year, so I thought that was the problem. Now I know that if he won't play, he isn't feeling well and something is wrong.

2. CyrusMishi&Angela

CyrusMishi&Angela Member

It is always so nice to see when they start feeling better. Don't beat yourself for not noticing before.

We have all been there. Here is part of my first post back in April 2007 where I said almost exactly the same thing - Cyrus was on death's door by the time I realized something was wrong ohmygod_smile :

"My cat Cyrus was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. He was in crisis with DKA by the time I brought him to vet. I had been noticing that he was losing weight but at first I thought I was imagining things and he seemed to be fine otherwise. I felt horrible as if I had failed him by not getting him to the vet earlier. It was touch and go for a while (he was hospitalized for a week).

Anyway, he has been home for several days now and is back to his old self including snuggling with me on the couch every night. We are settling in to the routine of home monitoring (surprisingly - he tolerates it pretty well which was completely unexpected considering he is a kitty with an attitude) and twice a day insulin shots."

They are resilient, forgiving little creatures that live in the moment. I am sure that he is enjoying playing with his mom bean and has forgotten that he was not feeling well a few days ago.

Best of luck on this journey and give your kitties lots of hugs and kisses.

3. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Hi. It's hard to realize whats going on sometimes. The good news is that he will get to feeling better and probably be playing again. How much lantus are you giving? Have you considered home testing. It's really the best and safest way to manage diabetes. We can teach you. There are links on the main board with videos and tips. YOu just use a regular human meter. If someone lives near you, they could teach you in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.