GA Max, June 4, 2001 - March 16, 2015

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fun2doimpossible, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

Max is at peace.

Max showed up at my parent's house as a kitten in August 2001. We didn't know where he came from but he was very outgoing. My parents had three cats at the time and didn't want a fourth. We couldn't just leave him out there to fend for himself, so I agreed to take him home. I took him to the vet, got him checked out, neutered, all of his shots, so he would be up to date on everything and could be adopted right away.

Well, he never made it to the shelter. While all of this was going on, he adopted me.

He was one of the friendliest cats I have ever known. He would be waiting for me by the door when I would come home from work. Every morning, he would be in my bedroom and start crying for his breakfast.

It would start out as a cry/caterwaul. If he didn't think I was moving fast enough, he would get up on his hind legs and brace himself on the edge of the bed and start tapping on the side of my head with his paw. If that didn't work, he'd grab a tuft of my hair and start to pull.

He loved to crawl under the covers of my bed and sleep. I always had to check if he was there if I saw any lumplike shapes in the bed.

He had a favorite spot on the living room sofa, right behind my head.

[​IMG]

I'm glad I was able to spend all day with him while he was in his favorite spot.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Rose and Vyktors Mum like this.
  2. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss....

Max fly free my sweet friend and know there are many waiting to meet you at the Bridge.....please don't forget to send a sign that you made it to the Bridge!

Sending you lots of hugs, love and prayers...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers to you. Fly free Max. :bighug::bighug:

fun2doimpossible likes this.
  4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:rb_icon:
    Dear ((((Will)))), Max was one lucky kitty to have had you for his papabean. We know how much you will miss him. He'll always be your Guardian Angel and he will be "in good paws" at the Bridge, where all of our GAs will be his companions until you meet again. Fly free, dear Max, on your beautiful new golden wings. cat_wings>o

In deep sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

5. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You were lucky to find each other. Sending prayers for you at this time.

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry that it was Max's time. Fly free, sweet boy.
    Liz

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free Max. :rb_icon: You will always be remembered. Be sure to send your daddy bean a sign that you made the Bridge Safely, he misses you something fierce.

Hugs to you Will. Always remember that Max will always be with you, tucked away in that corner of your heart.

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Will. He obviously had a wonderful life with you - the best possible! You were both so lucky to have each other.

Fly free little one - you are cherished .
    [​IMG]

9. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers of strength & comfort to you. Fly free, sweet Max & enjoy your new life at the Rainbow Bridge. cat_wings>o

10. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Fly free, sweet Max.
    You will always be loved.
    :rb_icon:

11. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Max.
    {{hugs}}

12. marniepaul & miles

marniepaul & miles Member

Rest easy, dear Max. I hope you find a new favorite spot in the sun. :rb_icon:

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Will))). I am very sad for your loss. Max was obviously a very, very special kitty thst you share a great love and bond with.

Fly free, Max.

[​IMG]

14. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Max sounds like such a sweet guy. I'm sending lots of comfort your way. Fly free, Max.

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry for your loss, Will.
    May you soon feel comfort in your memories of the time you shared together.

cat_wings>o Fly free Max... land softly.

16. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to read of your loss, sending prayers and hugs.

17. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Well done Will, you looked after him and his best interests from day one until the very end. I was expecting this but am still crying my eyes out now and can only imagine your heartbreak - such love. I am so glad you got to spend the day with Max today. Land softly gorgeous Max, you will never be forgotten :rb_icon:

18. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Max will always be with you, and you have done the most loving and unselfish thing possible for him.

Fly free, sweet Max, and land softly.:rb_icon:

19. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Awww.. Sweet Baby, Fly Free Love!

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Will))))

Cats claim us for a reason all their own and Max decided you were his. I hope the 15 years you had together were filled with laughter and once the grief passes, it's those fond memories that remain.

Fly free Max and land softly.

21. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry...many hugs and prayers for you...

22. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

@MollynSkooter @carfurby @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) @lovey11 @Anne & Zener (GA) @Michelle and Mannie (GA) @julie & punkin (ga) @Deborah & Shasta @Josie & Ripley (GA) @BJM @marniepaul & miles @Marje and Gracie @Deanna & Billie @Jill & Alex (GA) @suki & crystal @Vyktors Mum @Tricia & Cinco @Tina & Sammy @Sienne and Gabby @Amy&TrixieCat thank you for all of wishes of condolences. It means a lot.

I may have had two cats, but I was HIS human. I set out the towel that Max laid on in the carrier for Clyde. I don't know if he realizes that Max is gone yet. Clyde has always been a very skittish cat. It took almost a decade for Clyde to stop hiding under the bed from me and actually let me approach him.

This morning when I woke up I was in a daze. It was the first time in a very long time that I was waking up in my own bed at my regular time and did not have him crying for his breakfast or laying on my bed blinking like I disturbed his sleep. Tonight when I get home from work, I won't be greeted by that furry face. The house seems strangely quiet now.

23. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I can so remember that quiet, after Mannie crossed. In time that sense of loss, and emptiness was replaced by thoughts of warmth affection and joy, with many smiles and memories of one heckuva cat. Hugs to you today Will.

24. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We so remember how quiet things were after Zener crossed, and how our daily (and nightly) routines changed as well. For several months, I would think I saw him in our house, walking down the hall, or going through a doorway. It took quite some time for me to feel like he was no longer with us. Thinking of you today as you begin your transition too. :bighug:

25. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((Will & Clyde))) That is a beautiful picture and story of Will- May all your precious memories help to carry you through these tough times!

Fly Free Sweet Max!
    heartcandle.jpg

26. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Wishing you comfort in the new normal that is your life. Know that Clyde is always with you in your heart and in your mind. Peace.

27. Delia

Delia Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

28. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Max will never leave you. He will always be there, just out of sight. I hope the quiet be comes filled with sweet memories of the years you spent together.

Fly Free and Land Gently, Max. cat_wings>o

29. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

30. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

There's NEVER enough time. We just have to do the best we can with the time we have.

31. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

@Grayson & Lu that was beautiful and so true. I started to cry as I watched it.

Grayson & Lu likes this.
  32. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that you were able to spend such a long and happy life with such a beautiful boy. I hope those wonderful memories bring you comfort when you need it most. Fly free Max! We'll miss you!

33. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

@AZJenks Thank you for the wonderful words of support. Max may be gone, but he will never be forgotten.

34. Rose

Rose Member

We're so sorry for your loss. Your shared memories were sweet and painted a wonderful picture of love. May they live forever in your mind and heart.

35. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

@Rose thank you for your kind words and support. It's been almost a week now, life is slowly getting back to normal, or at least the new normal. Clyde has decided that he likes my spot on the bed. :) But beyond that he doesn't spend much time outside the two bedrooms. Clyde is starting to eat more, but I'm not sure he's eating enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.