Me again lol what would you do?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Chez, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Chez

Chez Member

Ok so since wimbley has gone into remission I planned a little overnight trio for my son and I. I felt horrible bc I couldn't do alot with him this summer since I had to be home with wimbley to give his meds. I can feed the cats in the morning the first day and my mom agreed to come over that evening and feed them again. My issue is the next day I'll be home to feed in the evening but they won't have food in the morning. I used to just leave out dry food for these days and they would be fine. Would it be beneficial to buy a grain free dry food for this occasion so that he still has access to food that morning/ afternoon till I get home? I want to be able to enjoy myself and have time with my son with out having to rush home the second day... He's 6 and I'm taking him to see the ocean for the very first time!!! So this is big for him.

2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Have you thought about an auto feeder with a timer?

3. Chez

Chez Member

Thats a great idea!!! I'll look into that!!

4. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

I would definitely look into the timed feeders! Grain free does not mean low carb and proper diet is super important for keeping him in remission

5. Chez

Chez Member

I found one on Amazon that you can set for 48 in advance! First I'll ask my mom is she'll possibly do the next morning if it's too much for her I'll get the feeder! I have time the trip isn't till August 12th!

6. Btwinny

Btwinny Member

I went away and did the timed feeder. Worked well. Definitely test it a couple days a head of time incase it doesn't work. You can also water down the wet food and freeze it in ice cube trays. Then ask your mom to drop those in the timed feeder. Keeps it fresher. Show Mom how to use the timer as well. Don't want any mishaps.

I have kitties that do still love their kibble and i use Dr Elseys. It's very low carb and grain free. (Grain free was not a requirement for me. Its alllll about the low carb.). It's at chewy.com.

7. Chez

Chez Member

Thankfully my mom has offered to stop by that morning and feed them again! Yay! She knew how upset I was when wimbley was sick so she's willing to help keep him on my feeding schedule. So thankful! I'm still going to look into the timed feeders for any future plans.

Lisa and little likes this.