Meatball 3/22

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Molly, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molly

Molly Member

Hey everyone!

Not a lot of change with Meatball, he's been felling pretty well for a while now. Still high PS numbers, but with a few lower ones in there occasionally. No ketones. I've tried shooting small amounts of insulin at +4 a couple of times, to see if that has any effect, but it doesn't seem to.

Hope everyone is enjoying the transition into spring!

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Molly, do you already know that with PZI it's recommended to only shoot after +6 and on a rising #? Just wanted to be sure you are aware of that. If the earlier dose is still at peak and the second one kicks in, you can see dramatic changes in the #s which can be risky. I have occasionally shot early myself :oops: so no lectures here, just want to be sure you are aware of the risks.

It looks like he is getting some nice #s in there some of the time, so that is good news, and a few awesome PSs too! If it worked for your schedule to try shooting early some (sorry if this is a repeat, I can't remember what I've said to who!), like maybe +10s or something you might have success with that, like if you got nice blue #s mid-cycle then maybe try shooting slightly early (reducing the dose depending on how early it is) to head off the higher #s. Just a thought. :)

Glad he is feeling well and no Ks, that is great news!

3. Molly

Molly Member

Hi Joanna! Thanks, I actually did not know that. I just based my shoot time on what seemed to be the lowest point in his cycle... and I only did it when i knew I would be home to keep a close eye on him. It didn't really seem to make any difference at all though, which is weird. Maybe because I shot such a small amount? I was actually going to try to to push a little bit more with the shooting at +4 or +6, to try to lower the PS #s. I started by lowering the evening dose so I could shoot more insulin at +4 or +6, but I found that his numbers see to be better on the lower dose. This is really weird considering how he had ketones last time he got less that three units, so I'm going to try to lower his dose very slowly, to see what happens. I have given 3 for a few cycles now, and tonight I lowered it to 2.8. I'm keeping VERY close tabs on ketones, but so far have not seen any. Maybe he needs less insulin after all? I could believe it. Maybe he was reacting to the sharp changes in the insulin dose? we'll seeee....

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Molly - are you using Idexx PZI or ProZinc?

5. Molly

Molly Member

Prozinc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.