Medications

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Is there any medications or herbal supplements that shouldn't be given with Vetsulin? For a little while now, even before Booger was diagnosed with diabetes, every once and a while, I can hear him breathing. Sounds like something upper respiratory or possibly nasal. I have some herbal supplement for cats and dogs from OnlyNaturalPet.com for upper respiratory that I thought I could give him to help with whatever it is going on. I called the vet to ask the question above and was immediately referred to taking him to the ER vet. As most of you know, the ER vets are more expensive on the weekends and after hours. I do not have the funds for this. I am just curious if there is anything that will counteract or mess with his insulin.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I don’t know of any supplements that can’t be used with vetsulin specifically, it’s more a question of can it be used in diabetics or with other meds. Maybe if you tell us what’s in the supplement, or link it for us to look at, we can tell you more.

3. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

4. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Probably not a good idea. I just saw it has glycerin and agave in it.

5. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

What about Clavamox?

6. Sharon14

The liquid clavamox sometimes contains sugars, but I’ve used it when necessary. The pills are fine.

7. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Yeah I have the pills. He is just not acting himself today. Like he doesn't feel good.

8. Sharon14

Allergies maybe? Is he eating?

9. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Could be because he has gone from 596 to 174 in 4 hours.

Sharon14 likes this.
  10. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Yeah he is snacking as usual

Sharon14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.